Digital Art Zone

1 of 15
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE   ♦♦♦♦♦.SUMMER EDITION ♦♦♦♦♦  “Beatiing the Heat”  ~~~~~  WIP THREAD
Posted: 02 July 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15917
Joined  2003-10-09

Fourth DAZ 3D Bryce rendering Challenge

NOW SPONSORED BY DAZ 3D

Theme for this month is “Beating the Heat”

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before transferring the render to the actual Contest thread for judging.

Rules
~~~~~

All renders must be new renders.

You can enter up to 3 renders.

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.

The winner of the June Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the July contest.

This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.

Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge ends on 30th August Midnight DAZ 3D time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
                    2nd Place $20
                    3rd place $15

This in addition to the $20 DAZ 3D gift certificate will be given to the person whose render is selected as the best,  $10 for 2nd Place and $5 for 3rd place that I have already been offering

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User.  Jaderail has offered $20 and DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team and guest judges.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 July 2013 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2698
Joined  2007-05-05

ok I will go first here is this babies idea of beating the heat with moms help…...Thanks to Spacebones for the great water objects!!!

Image Attachments
beat_the_heat3.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 05 July 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1487
Joined  2011-09-25

@Trish:  Love it.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 05 July 2013 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

Thanks Guss I can hardly wait to see yours!!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 05 July 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-12-09

I’ve a question about the contest renders. How much importing from DAZ or elsewhere are we allowed to do? I ask because I see all these wonderful renders with animals, people, etc., and unless I’ve really missed something, you can’t do those without an import.

Is it the final render that matters? Should the final render contain a certain percentage that’s all Bryce?

I have an idea I’d like to do for this month, but it will require some work in Daz imported to Bryce. If I’m even capable (and at this point I doubt it) of accomplishing what I am thinking.

thanks.

Posted: 05 July 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

In the rules above it states that imported content is allowed but it must be rendered in Bryce…....

Signature 

Posted: 06 July 2013 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, as Trish say imported Content is allowed, but it must be obviously a Bryce render, by which I mean a Bryce setting,  sky etc.

I have also said that the winner of each challenge can add specific rules if they like, when they choose the theme for the next challenge, so it is possible that someone will set a challenge which says “No imports” in the future.

The idea of a challenge is that it is other forum members challenging you to do things.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge

Posted: 06 July 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-12-09

Thanks you two, just wanted to make sure I fully understood. Now to work!

Posted: 06 July 2013 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

When the summer heat gets oppressive, the Cows like nothing better than to wait until after dark and jump out of the tallest tree into the lake!

I used to do it myself in The Old Days.  Good to see The Cows carrying on the tradition (even if the splash is a fractal I exported as a 3D Model and gave a watery look to!)  (In fact, I hadn’t opened Bryce in so long I just wanted to see how this fractal would look)  (One thing led to another, and this is what happened)  (May as well post it here!)  (MOOO!!)  (I like paranthesis!).

Image Attachments
moo-splash.jpg
 Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 06 July 2013 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1487
Joined  2011-09-25
bullit35744 - 05 July 2013 10:26 AM

Thanks Guss I can hardly wait to see yours!!

Ah, well, the expectation is kind of you but I don’t think I’m going to enter anything.  In fact I haven’t done anything with Bryce for several weeks now.  And I don’t know when I will.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 07 July 2013 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh Guss don’t say that. We all love seeing what you come up with.

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2013 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

oh whoops, froum going squiffy again when posting. I loved your entry for the last one.

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  652
Joined  2010-02-18

Beating the summer heat…for me anyway…usually involves a coooool Coke…aaahhh…followed by a nice glass (or several glasses..hic) of red wine (:)). But, otherwise, a nice cool breeze will also do.

As I couldn’t really represent a breeze, I thought its effects on objects (like towels – created in Sculptris) might suit. Have to admit I don’t like the clouds and sky. Tried several changes in this area, but it affected the lighting, shadows etc.,. (there’s proabaly a way around this, but I don’t have enough Bryce experience) In the end, abandoned it, and went with what worked. Oh, and took the yacht out (;))

Title: “Summer Breeze”

Jay
Ps. Love the humorous approach in both submissions above by bullit and socratease (;)) Mine’s too serious in comparison!

Image Attachments
summer-breeze.jpg

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

Jay; really like the modeling job and the foam on the water is good…I do agree about the sky though….maybe someone will be along in a bit for suggestions in that area

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

I just plugged in my air conditioner yesterday for the first time this year.  I hate AC, it gives me a headache.  But I set it to 87 degrees and it’s still kicking on a lot!

It kills the humidity in this room though.  I’d be afraid to run my computers much the way it’s been getting out here!

Jamahoney - 07 July 2013 06:56 AM

Beating the summer heat…for me anyway…usually involves a coooool Coke…aaahhh…followed by a nice glass (or several glasses..hic) of red wine (:)). But, otherwise, a nice cool breeze will also do.

As I couldn’t really represent a breeze, I thought its effects on objects (like towels – created in Sculptris) might suit. Have to admit I don’t like the clouds and sky. Tried several changes in this area, but it affected the lighting, shadows etc.,. (there’s proabaly a way around this, but I don’t have enough Bryce experience) In the end, abandoned it, and went with what worked. Oh, and took the yacht out (;))

Title: “Summer Breeze”

Jay
Ps. Love the humorous approach in both submissions above by bullit and socratease (;)) Mine’s too serious in comparison!

Serious?

In a render?

That’s an interesting concept.

I’ll have to pretend I want to think about the possibility of contemplating maybe including a trace of that concept in my Art one day.

Nah.

Nevermind.

It’s against my Religion.

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 07 July 2013 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1611
Joined  2007-12-10

Here’s my initial idea for this month’s theme.

The background is a 360° photo just mapped onto a cylinder (to aid the reflections as well as to provide the background) as opposed to an HDRI dome. The lighting comes from the Bryce sun and Beverly Hill HDRI. The stuff on the table are Brycified (materials changed to Bryce procedural mats) and slightly modified freebie models from the internet. The only post work (apart from changing the finished HDR from 32 bit to 8 bit)  is adding the advert headline and my signature. Rendered at 16RPP with MRD at 6 and TIR at 6 (to help with the glass). TA with scattering correction and soft shadows. Total render time a touch less than 3 hours.

Image Attachments
IcedDrink.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

1 of 15