Digital Art Zone

10 of 10
WIP thread New Users Contest - July 2013
Posted: 31 July 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17136
Joined  2003-10-09
I don't understand why you are having a problem I am on GMT+1 and I have been posting images all evening with no problem.

what exactly is happening when you try to post it.

We only need the image and the title in the entry thread, not the whole explanation.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 August 2013 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2004-07-02
Cecilia, much better now wink - glad you could have your drink (hehe ok, just a little pun).

About powerpoint, well... yeah you can do some things, i've been using it sporadically since the early 90's as since 1994 i've been using photoshop, and for me using powerpoint for graphic editing is like using a screwdriver for drilling holes in solid rock :D - it can be done, but it'd be much better with another tool. Photoshop is quite expensive (i only use it thanks to my work), but Gimp is an impressive free alternative that allows many similar operations... if you haven't tried it i warmly suggest you give it a try. If you can achieve what you posted (yeah i peeked at other renders you posted in the forums) with powerpoint, well i definitely think you'll do magic with Gimp smile

http://www.gimp.org/

(PS apologies for the off-topic stroll, moderators...)

Posted: 01 August 2013 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-04-25
Thanks everybody for comments and for contest! It was really interesting! Thank you very much! smile

Posted: 01 August 2013 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
CONTEST NOW CLOSED

Good luck everyone
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 01 August 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6168
Joined  2006-08-27
Good luck to all those that entered!

I would have liked to follow this better, but for some strange reason I wasn't getting notifications for this thread. Strangely, the Carrara Discussion threads I'm subscribed to worked as far as receiving notifications for new replies.
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 02 August 2013 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1837
Joined  2012-10-10
chohole - 31 July 2013 04:08 PM
I don't understand why you are having a problem I am on GMT+1 and I have been posting images all evening with no problem.

what exactly is happening when you try to post it.

We only need the image and the title in the entry thread, not the whole explanation.

I too think it's strange (I have been experiencing sudden kickouts to dashboard when posting since the summer time came along, sometimes I only get the post to show up after several attempts, no ideas, why). However, I am very grateful for that kind moderator for moving my entry into the proper thread. Good luck everyone!
 Signature 

A PA sale creeps upon a victim from behind, punches it in the rear and runs away with its wallet.

Posted: 02 August 2013 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED

In the contest thread
 Signature 

10 of 10