Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
My Battlestar Project
Posted: 03 July 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6400
Joined  2007-12-04

Cool! The flames (in the download) where blue though, right?

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 03 July 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-10-01
Dartanbeck - 03 July 2013 02:54 PM

Cool! The flames (in the download) where blue though, right?

Yes, they are. I was just messing with the colors trying to get that bright spark, Battlestar Galactica look.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 03 July 2013 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Looks great!
My buddy Garstor gives me crap ‘cause I’m a huge BSG fan of that newer era - where he is still true to his roots with the Lorne Green series. I do like them both! Not like I have too much Space sagas for me to watch! But I really love the four season set with the supporting movies. And then to find out that Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix are really Cylons! Okay - kinda kidding about that last - but it sure seems that way, since they both did versions of the song that awakened the final models.
Okay - that’s it. Tonight I’m starting with the two-part pilot and watching that series again!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 03 July 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01
Dartanbeck - 03 July 2013 03:11 PM

Okay - that’s it. Tonight I’m starting with the two-part pilot and watching that series again!

Hey, you should look into Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012), if you haven’t seen it. Master Chief is bad-ass and they show him as a soldier that hasn’t lost any of his humanity, and you see this more so by the way he treats the Cadets. If they ever continue live action movies I hope they never change his character. I have watched it about four-times already. smile

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 03 July 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Sounds like this is a Movie? A Halo Movie?
Never played the game - ‘cause I don’t game much at all. But I love watching stuff! Now I have yet another reason to go shopping at Amazon!
Say, have you seen the new BSG? “Blood and Chrome” I think it’s called?
I saw a few samples online - looks cool! It’s during the big Cylon War with humanity back when Adama (Will) was a young pilot!

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01
Dartanbeck - 03 July 2013 03:35 PM

Sounds like this is a Movie? A Halo Movie?
Never played the game - ‘cause I don’t game much at all. But I love watching stuff! Now I have yet another reason to go shopping at Amazon!
Say, have you seen the new BSG? “Blood and Chrome” I think it’s called?
I saw a few samples online - looks cool! It’s during the big Cylon War with humanity back when Adama (Will) was a young pilot!

Yes, it’s a Halo live action movie (well, the last half is action, the beginning is character development), it was a web-cast as was Blood and Chrome, which I have also seen. I enjoyed that, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4:_Forward_Unto_Dawn

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 03 July 2013 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2013-07-01
nDelphi - 03 July 2013 03:26 PM
Dartanbeck - 03 July 2013 03:11 PM

Hey, you should look into Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012), if you haven’t seen it. Master Chief is bad-ass and doesn’t loose any of his humanity, and you see this more so by the way he treats the Cadets. If they ever continue live action movies I hope they never change his character. I have watched it about four-times already. smile

Great movie, I’ve watched it twice and now that it’s been mentioned I might need to watch it again.

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01

This is what I finally decided to keep them at. What do you think?

Image Attachments
Exhaust_1.jpgExhaust_2.jpgExhaust_3.jpgExhaust_4.jpg
 Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Very cool. I can add it to my Amazon cloud for only 5.99! Still have to wait as I’ve just spent my allowance on those face morphs

Say, on the subject of watching movies, have you seen the Ultramarines movie for Warhammer 40k? I think they did an outstanding job - and is kind of like the resolution of realism that I’m going for in my movie series.
Aside from that, I am an avid Star Wars - The Clone Wars fan. It’s an animated series which is now coming to its close soon on Cartoon Network. It’s a bummer that it has to end - but George gave us every bit plus more than what he initially promised - and then some. The news of the end of Clone Wars was softened by the news that full production movies for Episodes 7, 8, and 9 are under way. But still… I like the animated half hour series almost better than the movies as it can span over much greater distance - and it’s darker and less family-oriented, it seems. Well I’ve just seen an update that the Clone Wars Director and his team was just given a new job: Rebels. Rebels is going to be a new animated series, I think for Cartoon Network again(?), which takes place between episodes III and IV - so that will be seeing the life and times of Darth Vader, probably, as well as some of what Obi Wan has been up to while in exile. The Dark Times, as Obi Wan calls it in episode IV.

The Clone Wars, if you haven’t seen it, looks to be really low res at first glance. But they really pull of a great show. The textures on the models has a dirty, hand-painted ‘washed’ and ‘stroked’ appearance that I really like - which is one of my big reasons for picking up Project Dogwaffle Pro: Howler. I’m thinking of possibly using the templates for the various figures I use and hand painting the textures in Dogwaffle. I may also then render out the very outer surroundings of my many scenes that I have saved, and hand-painting on those to make 360 degree background maps with a soft, hand painted and somewhat washed out look to them - which will really aid in giving depth and distance to my films. I have come such a long way since I’ve made the test render movie that I linked to in that first post I made in this thread. I’m really getting the urge to just dive in and start production. But alas. I must fight that urge and continue preparing my assets. I am also going to be composing the score for the series. I have made what I think might be the main title theme - which will have underlying hints of throughout much of the rest of the score. Like there’s this really intense drum part that signifies action of the bad guys, but can also work well as a dramatic lead into for intense action from the heroes as well - just a blurt of the drums once - then stop. When the action truly takes off, then lead in from the jamming violin section will build quickly, while this screaming electric guitar riff rocks the very beginning of the actual theme - which then takes over - but has elements from all of those within it at times. I’m really quite happy with the music so far.

The latest animations have really been nice, too. Nobody, not even my wife, has seen those yet. So, again… I’m really excited to get the production under way - which will begin with my Wife and I recording our voices acting out the script. I have a few people lined up if I need them - but I’m hoping that this is something that Rosie and I can handle on our own.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
nDelphi - 03 July 2013 06:09 PM

Wow! I’m typing away… all that junk above, and look what I see after hitting the ‘Submit’ button!!!
That’s Perfect! Don’t you think?

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01
Dartanbeck - 03 July 2013 06:13 PM
nDelphi - 03 July 2013 06:09 PM

Wow! I’m typing away… all that junk above, and look what I see after hitting the ‘Submit’ button!!!
That’s Perfect! Don’t you think?

Yeah, I liked it more than my previous settings attempts. I think I will leave it there. Thanks for the prop!

I lost track of the Clone Wars when I canceled my Cable. I should look into it again.

I haven’t seen Ultramarines for Warhammer 40K. I will look it up and see what it is all about.

No.not junk. I am hooked. Your project sounds awesome. I can only hope I can start working on something like that one of these days. You seem to be really putting a lot into it, musical scores and all. I too have been working on a graphic novel, you can see some of the characters in it as toon renders on my blog, but I still have a lot to do.

Characters like this one:

Image Attachments
Cyborg_Model_4_-_Cartoon_2.jpg
 Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 03 July 2013 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

That is SO Cool!! I love that character image!
The “WTF?!!!” pose and the excellent setting on the render is outstanding work!
Ultramarines is a representation of a very sinister plot revolving around a squad of tough Space Marines from the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop miniatures war game. “In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war!” by Games Workshop. Don’t know if you’re familiar. Not happy with their new “Finecast” models with multitudes of imperfection at a high price, I’ve been modeling my own Eldar force using their “Green Stuff” epoxy putty and some of their plastic Eldar models to build off of and use for enhancement parts. My Swooping Hawks, Striking Scorpions, Farseer/Warlock six man HQ squad EDIT: on jetbikes!!! are all allowed as ‘playable as official models’ due to them looking so much like they’re supposed to. Modeling with my hands has been something I’ve always been good at - especially female humans and dragons. I never keep any though. Eventually some deserving soul comes along and I give it to them. Nearing 50, I think I’ll start asking for a trade for the most part.

I began playing drums for money in bars when I was 14. Never stopped. Just a hobby, it’s a passion that I’ll likely never shake. I’m invited into a nearby city’s symphonic orchestra as a drummer/percussionist, but I can’t find the time due to my rock and roll band - so there might be a slight change in how I fulfill that part of my destiny remains uncertain. Cloudy by the Dark Side, uncertain, the future is.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5930
Joined  2006-08-27

Here’s a link to engines firing on the Cygnus from the movie, The Black Hole.
http://youtu.be/_SAQReh0ZYk

To answer your question/concern about the lens flares not scaling down as the ship moves away from the camera, you can keyframe the scale. In the first frame, go into the lens flare control panel and adjust the the scale of the effect to where you want it. Click Okay. Go to the end of the timeline and edit the lens flare to reduce the effect’s scale. To see a bigger preview in the edit window, drag the lower right corner of the window out to increase the size and refresh the preview.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 04 July 2013 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01

Hmmm…. never thought about reducing the lens flare as the ship moves away. I wouldn’t have known how to do that anyway. Thanks for the tip.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 04 July 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

you may find my F4 After burner EXHAUST interesting. here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7Faq6mMtc

No reason one could not alter the color to give one an outer-space look!

2 of 4

[ Hello      Textures ]