Gen X help needed
Posted: 21 June 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi cosmo71 smile

This is a trickier puzzle.
Q: Do any of the sliders for the Morphs++ , do anything in Genesis once they’re transferred into genesis.

It could be that you may need to rebuild your character by simply noting down the Morphs used in the original,.. then, adjusting those sliders again in the genesis version.

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29
3DAGE - 21 June 2012 03:13 AM

Hi cosmo71 smile

This is a trickier puzzle.
Q: Do any of the sliders for the Morphs++ , do anything in Genesis once they’re transferred into genesis.

It could be that you may need to rebuild your character by simply noting down the Morphs used in the original,.. then, adjusting those sliders again in the genesis version.

And exactly for that reason I have asked daz for a possibillity to print morphs lists. until today they don`t understand why such a possibillity should be helpfull.

but I thought it is possible to create one single character morph that includes all morphs checked in the genX morph list. Is it not possible to transfer the morph values from a character file into genX ?

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 21 June 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi cosmo71 smile

If you’re using Generation 3 or 4 figures, with stuff like Morphs++ and Creature Creator etc,.. then the problem with a print out is that you would have pages of unused morph channels being printed out to find the three or four morphs you’re using.
..unless you’ve been really selective about the morphs you’ve added, and removed any unused ones.

It takes less time to load your figure,. scan through it, and either note down the used morphs and values, or do a quick screen-grab of them as a reference.
or,.. if you have DS3 and DS4 installed, you can load both, ..then just flick windows and copy the settings.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to have a print option,. just that it’s less likely to be implemented if there are other ways to do it currently.

smile

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29
3DAGE - 21 June 2012 09:40 AM

Hi cosmo71 smile

If you’re using Generation 3 or 4 figures, with stuff like Morphs++ and Creature Creator etc,.. then the problem with a print out is that you would have pages of unused morph channels being printed out to find the three or four morphs you’re using.
..unless you’ve been really selective about the morphs you’ve added, and removed any unused ones.

It takes less time to load your figure,. scan through it, and either note down the used morphs and values, or do a quick screen-grab of them as a reference.
or,.. if you have DS3 and DS4 installed, you can load both, ..then just flick windows and copy the settings.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to have a print option,. just that it’s less likely to be implemented if there are other ways to do it currently.

smile

so after loading morphs++ into genX all values of all these morphs in the genX morph list are zero and as I understand right now it is not possible to load a character into genX so the used morphs get the values of the character so I can transfer the character from genX to genesis? I have to check every single morphs, fix the value by hand and then transfer it? or transfer the checked morphs and then fix the values by hand? there is no automatic?

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Oh… I see now. You want a DIALED characater after transfering with Gen X. I’m not sure that is what it was designed for. You can do it so you get just one Dial in Genesis to turn on the full set of morphs you used. It would be a Dixie Morph like V4 and V5 are.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 June 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi Cosmo… it’s me again LOL

I just read back on this thread, so let’s see if I got the jist of what you’re wanting to do

You have a character, Dixie, that you made in DS3 using Morphs++, and you want to use it on Genesis via GenX

As 3DAGE said, do the Morph++ sliders on Genesis do anything? If so, then the morphs did transfer and you can just copy the values of the sliders from DS3 to DS4 and save a Character preset.

But if all you really want is a single slider like Jaderail said in the Shaping Tab then that’s fairly easy.

Now I haven’t used GenX since I transfered all of my custom characters to Genesis back when it first came out, but what I did was to save my characters as .cr2’s in DS3 and then run them through GenX and that was that, they were then listed in the Shaping Tab just like all the other shapes and they were linked to the Base shape that they were built on ie:V4 and so on.

I was able to do it this way without having to read all the instructions, but like I said I haven’t used it in a while so I don’t recall the exact steps.

I do believe though that GenX is also capable of creating a single shape morph by just imputing a saved character preset also, but I don’t remember if it needs to be in a certain format ie: .dsa, .pz2 or whatever.

I’ll see about firing up DS3, make a dial-spun character, and then GenX it over and note the steps I did for you.

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 22 June 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi Cosmo… smile

Ok, I went into GenX and this is what I found raspberry

If you have already converted all of the Morphs++ over to Genesis as seperate morphs then you can just make a Shaping Preset for Dixie.

To do this select the Presets tab in GenX and either load your saved Dixie preset by clicking Add Pose or Drag-n-Drop from the Content Library. Note that the preset for Dixie has to be either a poser .pz2 or studio .dsf

Select the base figure from the drop-down menu and then check any of the boxes that apply to your preset.

Set the path for your preset (should be to your content folder ie:My Library) and then click Translate and the pose preset will then be removed from the list when the transfer is complete

Now if you just want to create a singular shaping morph for Dixie you can do it a couple of ways. Either by saving Dixie out as a .cr2 character and then loading that into the Transfer Tab or you can load all the morphs and then merge them into a singular shaping morph.

To do it by individual morphs first load the base figure into the Transfer Tab then load any morph injection poses like morph++ and other figure shapes ie:A4, S4 etc. then load your Dixie pose .pz2 or .dsf. Now Right-Click in the Transfer Tab pane and select All -> Transfer:On for Non-Zero Values.

You should now see check marks in the Morphs column for all non-zero values. Now choose the Transfer Mode.

For a single Shape slider choose Create Single Morph

To transfer each morph seperately and create a preset for Dixie choose Selected Morphs (with Preset) this creates a preset to set the morph values

To transfer each morph seperately and create a controller slider that adjusts all the morphs at once choose Selected Morphs (with Controller)

Next select the base figure (it should automatically select) and then click Transfer and follow any prompts.

Phewww… ohh  I think that covers it

Give it a try and let us know how it goes

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-04-21

It sure helped me!! Thanks very much for explaining that - I was completely dumbfounded until I tried your walkthrough. So simple, thanks again.

Signature 

Check me out on DeviantArt
DragonSpawn2000’s deviantart gallery

And ShareCG
WarGod83’s portfolio

2 of 2