Digital Art Zone

1 of 8
DAZ! PLEASE bring back the DAZ Installers!
Posted: 30 June 2013 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

I find the DAZ installers much easier for me to use. I went to download some stuff I hadn’t downloaded yet from my account and all I see is Zip files. DAZ, PLEASE bring back the DAZ installers! With the DAZ installers, I can easily access my stuff. For example. If I want to load up hair, I load it up and then I see Materials right there right next to the file where I loaded my hair and I can click on it to see what colors to color my hair. Not so with these dumb ZIP files. Now I have to go to two completely different areas in my Runtime which is tedious and unneccesary. PLEASE bring back the DAZ installers! I never had this problem ever since Genesis came along. Now everything installs where I don’t want it to be.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-06

LOL, and to think there was such an outcry FOR the zips.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4692
Joined  2005-08-03

You don’t have to go to two different areas in your runtime. The installer didn’t allow multiple install locations.

Open the zip > open the Content folder > copy the contents and paste into your library. No mess. The folder structure is already there.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-08-26

It would have been nice if they could have given us ZIP files, and kept the installers too. But I guess that would have made too much sense.

Also, it would be nice if the ZIP files were set up so that I could actually UNZIP them to my Runtime, instead of drag-and-drop. I guess they’re optimized for DAZ Studio users?

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4753
Joined  2011-10-04

In addition to that, you can have multiple install directories for things in DIM.

I reorganized everything, and below is a sample where I put my stuff, as per directories of content.

Upside: DIM remembers where stuff has been installed, and it updates stuff to the same directories! YAY!

Image Attachments
directories.png
 Signature 

Thanking: M F M for a gift of dragons!
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
ilnyne - 30 June 2013 10:43 PM

Also, it would be nice if the ZIP files were set up so that I could actually UNZIP them to my Runtime, instead of drag-and-drop. I guess they’re optimized for DAZ Studio users?

It is drag-and-drop for DAZ users too.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
ilnyne - 30 June 2013 10:43 PM

It would have been nice if they could have given us ZIP files, and kept the installers too. But I guess that would have made too much sense.

You can if your library is named Content. lol =P

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Vaskania - 30 June 2013 10:15 PM

You don’t have to go to two different areas in your runtime. The installer didn’t allow multiple install locations.

Open the zip > open the Content folder > copy the contents and paste into your library. No mess. The folder structure is already there.

When I dump the “Content” of my file (it starts with that first folder name) I have to “guess” that I have to dump them in “Studio3”. I never got rid of my old Content Library set up (tis why it says Studio3). That’s where I put my Genesis stuff. I know right where it is with DAZ installers, but with this, it’s a guessing game (ESPECIALLY without helpful ReadMe’s to help me out). Take Pure Hair Fantasy for example.

It’s installed in TWO locations. One location is in my Figures Library where I find M4/V4 and all that stuff. Is the materials in there? No. Is the materials in the Materials section? No. Is it in the Pose directory? No. I don’t know where that is but I have to go hunting for it and I shouldn’t have to do that. So, it did allow for multiple install locations.

I want my much simpler DAZ installer please.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Skiriki - 30 June 2013 10:44 PM

In addition to that, you can have multiple install directories for things in DIM.

I reorganized everything, and below is a sample where I put my stuff, as per directories of content.

Upside: DIM remembers where stuff has been installed, and it updates stuff to the same directories! YAY!

Thanks for the example, but my Runtime directory is way different than yours.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Knight22179 - 30 June 2013 10:59 PM

You can tell DIM how to install into YOUR Runtime, srsly.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
Knight22179 - 30 June 2013 10:56 PM
Vaskania - 30 June 2013 10:15 PM

When I dump the “Content” of my file (it starts with that first folder name) I have to “guess” that I have to dump them in “Studio3”. I never got rid of my old Content Library set up (tis why it says Studio3). That’s where I put my Genesis stuff. I know right where it is with DAZ installers, but with this, it’s a guessing game (ESPECIALLY without helpful ReadMe’s to help me out). Take Pure Hair Fantasy for example.

It’s installed in TWO locations. One location is in my Figures Library where I find M4/V4 and all that stuff. Is the materials in there? No. Is the materials in the Materials section? No. Is it in the Pose directory? No. I don’t know where that is but I have to go hunting for it and I shouldn’t have to do that. So, it did allow for multiple install locations.

I want my much simpler DAZ installer please.

Sounds like you’re confusing the Poser zips with the DS zips and installing both. Genesis versions of things will be inside of My Library > People > Genesis > etc. The materials will either be a subfolder of the Genesis directory, or in the Poser format folder along with the Poser files if the item has a Poser equivalent.

Or you have libraries all over the places, possibly nested, and it’s just all messed up. lol

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
Skiriki - 30 June 2013 11:12 PM

She’s not kidding, really.

Image Attachments
DIM_folders.jpg
 Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-06
Skiriki - 30 June 2013 11:12 PM

You are assuming everyone is using DIM, i for one do not and will not, but then again, i don’t have a problem with the zips.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  932
Joined  2006-06-12
Knight22179 - 30 June 2013 10:02 PM

I find the DAZ installers much easier for me to use. I went to download some stuff I hadn’t downloaded yet from my account and all I see is Zip files. DAZ, PLEASE bring back the DAZ installers! With the DAZ installers, I can easily access my stuff. For example. If I want to load up hair, I load it up and then I see Materials right there right next to the file where I loaded my hair and I can click on it to see what colors to color my hair. Not so with these dumb ZIP files. Now I have to go to two completely different areas in my Runtime which is tedious and unneccesary. PLEASE bring back the DAZ installers! I never had this problem ever since Genesis came along. Now everything installs where I don’t want it to be.

I hear you Knight.

I liked the old installers. A couple clicks and you’re done. Perfect.

But so many other people said they couldn’t get the installers to work at all.

I hate ZIPs, but I guess now everyone can buy and USE the products now.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 01 July 2013 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
FSMCDesigns - 30 June 2013 11:51 PM

You are assuming everyone is using DIM, i for one do not and will not, but then again, i don’t have a problem with the zips.

In which case, you don’t have a problem. raspberry

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 July 2013 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

I like how automated it is. I hated running every separate installer and having to click through them one by one. Now if freebie sites had an automated installer, or hell, I’d settle for just a standardization of package structure, I’d be set.

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-

1 of 8