Digital Art Zone

2 of 31
July Freebie Contest - Summer Gardens
Posted: 30 June 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4140
Joined  2005-08-03

I finally have an idea for one of these things. How far outside of the box are we allowed to go? My dream garden isn’t technically a garden, but has plants, and best suited in an aquarium.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1197
Joined  2010-03-01
Vaskania - 30 June 2013 12:53 PM

I finally have an idea for one of these things. How far outside of the box are we allowed to go? My dream garden isn’t technically a garden, but has plants, and best suited in an aquarium.

There is no stipulation that the plants and flowers have to be based upon real, but that there must be flowers and plants in the picture. You can have plastic flowers in you aquarium but you couldn’t count coral as your plant because it is an animal so you need seaweed or sea grass to count as the plant. So if da’ Real Man wants to show off his garden of plastic flowers and AstroTurf and if it is his favorite garden it is acceptable. Or if you are Captain Nemo and you want to click a pic of your underwater garden it will count.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4140
Joined  2005-08-03
Dollygirl - 30 June 2013 02:05 PM

There is no stipulation that the plants and flowers have to be based upon real, but that there must be flowers and plants in the picture. You can have plastic flowers in you aquarium but you couldn’t count coral as your plant because it is an animal so you need seaweed or sea grass to count as the plant. So if da’ Real Man wants to show off his garden of plastic flowers and AstroTurf and if it is his favorite garden it is acceptable. Or if you are Captain Nemo and you want to click a pic of your underwater garden it will count.

Thanks!

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Vaskania - 30 June 2013 02:58 PM
Dollygirl - 30 June 2013 02:05 PM

Thanks!

Your welcome

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2012-02-12

Mhhh I should kick my lazy ass to enter this challenge to work on my rendering skill. I barely render plants. Only did one render once a few weeks ago. But that was to test IDL on a plant rather than SSS on a rabbit

Image Attachments
Render_7_41.jpg
 Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Takeo.Kensei - 30 June 2013 03:07 PM

Mhhh I should kick my lazy ass to enter this challenge to work on my rendering skill. I barely render plants. Only did one render once a few weeks ago. But that was to test IDL on a plant rather than SSS on a rabbit

Hey half way there. Well if you don’t you wont get a chance to have a $250,000 necklace for your V4. Oh and I am reworking my blinn shaders. Now that I have worked with shader mixer it’s a wonder they worked at all. This time I have fixed the issues and so far I have 15 presets. I liked your tribute too. There was a new link with three outfits I did not have. Whoohoo!

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-12

Errr what? You lost me there. I don’t use V4 any more but my Genesis 2 Female could be tempted by Jewels like any woman

About your Blinn shaders I’m not sure I can follow you…too fast Dolly I lack informations

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 June 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Takeo.Kensei - 30 June 2013 03:59 PM

Errr what? You lost me there. I don’t use V4 any more but my Genesis 2 Female could be tempted by Jewels like any woman

About your Blinn shaders I’m not sure I can follow you…too fast Dolly I lack informations

You are half way to having a render Takeo. You have a plant, an environment, and lighting. A few more plants and positioning of the camera and you have a render that might qualify.

Genesis2 can use the jewels as well.

As to my blinn shaders. A year ago this month I gave a set of them away as a gift in the freebie contest. The other day I was just playing around with the shaders and found to my horror they were not working. I have learned much since I did the set based upon your help. As a result I have created a larger more stable set of shaders. I was trying to say thank you, in a most awkward way, for the help you provided with my questions about shaders and Shader Builder.

Image Attachments
Promo.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-12

You’re welcome for the shaders smile see I can understand when you tell me the whole story

I don’t espescially want to reuse the scene I made. I always try to do something new when I set up a scene and speaking of garden I know what I have in mind and it’s a bit different. I saw somewhere an Ivy generator and in a more general way I may try to use a free tree generator I downloaded once. Got to see where I can go with that

I also haven’t try to really use the instancing feature so It’s a good time to do that.

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 June 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Takeo.Kensei - 30 June 2013 04:43 PM

You’re welcome for the shaders smile see I can understand when you tell me the whole story

I don’t espescially want to reuse the scene I made. I always try to do something new when I set up a scene and speaking of garden I know what I have in mind and it’s a bit different. I saw somewhere an Ivy generator and in a more general way I may try to use a free tree generator I downloaded once. Got to see where I can go with that

I also haven’t try to really use the instancing feature so It’s a good time to do that.

Oh thank goodness. I sometimes get ahead of myself. Sounds like a plan on the generators and instancing. I used instancing on my “not an entry” entry for June’s challenge. Tree generator for DAZ? most interesting.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  569
Joined  2012-02-07

I might try my hand at judging for this.  What all needs to be done?

Signature 

http://streetteam.bigcartel.com

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2003-11-24

ZamuelNow… I hand the judging staff to you.
it’s really easy. You will need to be present in the forum during the month and feel free to comment on the renders (but don’[t give a way your favorites). At the end of the month you pm the host with your choices and that is pretty much it. You are still allowed to enter but NO…. picking your own at the end of the month.  LOL
I’m being silly but that is pretty much it.

ZamuelNow - 30 June 2013 10:14 PM

I might try my hand at judging for this.  What all needs to be done?

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01

Ok Zamuel all you need to do is tell me if you want to do it. There is no form to fill out and the remaining judges will not know your picks just me. I take all of the inputs and give them a weight, like 3 for first place to 1 for 3rd. Then average out the outcome and the first three on the list become the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I will need Honorable mentions and I will do the same with that list. Top two make it. I break the ties. Easy Peasy

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2007-09-19

Nice theme Dollygirl.  I love gardens, though I never actually rendered one… nor can I keep a real one alive for more than a few months!  This should prove to be a real challenge!  LOL
Now to see if I can remember where all those lovely freebie plants are stored away in my runtime.

Signature 

The meaning of life?  It’s not about me….  : )

Posted: 01 July 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
skywalker77 - 01 July 2013 09:02 AM

Nice theme Dollygirl.  I love gardens, though I never actually rendered one… nor can I keep a real one alive for more than a few months!  This should prove to be a real challenge!  LOL
Now to see if I can remember where all those lovely freebie plants are stored away in my runtime.

Thanks I am fond of gardens but I have a brown thumb I am afraid so rendering gardens seemed a good way to have one and keep it around for awhile.

Signature 

2 of 31