Digital Art Zone

1 of 31
July Freebie Contest - Summer Gardens
Posted: 30 June 2013 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2010-03-01

Welcome to the July “Summer Garden” freebie challenge.  For this challenge, you must create your dream summer garden. It can be a vegetable garden, quaint English cottage garden, the gardens of Versailles or your favorite meadow in the summer. So your picture must contain plants and flowers.

The rules are posted here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

This thread contains an extensive list of free plant links:
[url]http://xfrog.com/product/BN18.html
http://xfrog.com/product/BN11.html[/url]

As BWSman says, “Please read them good and try to stay within them, they will not change throughout this month, so please don’t ask me to make any exceptions. Rules is rules. If you want to discuss one, feel free to bring it to the table here in this thread. We will all discuss it and reach a decision on anything.”

Now…Prizes.

The prizes are from DAZ3D, Jaderail & Music2u4u:
1st Place - $15 GC from DAZ3D and $20 GC from Jaderail
2nd Place - $12 GC from DAZ3D and $15 GC from Jaderail
3rd Place $8 GC from DAZ3D and $10 GC from Jaderail
HMs - $5 GCs from yours truly; DollyGirl

Music is offering all winners (including HMs) his Garden Memorial structure and something special for first place.

Everyone entering the contest will receive a lovely $250,000.00 diamond necklace for Victoria 4. It will be in DAZ Studio 4.5 duf format so if you are still on DAZ Studio 4.0 this gift won’t work for you. There is a directory containing the objs for Poser and earlier versions of Studio.

Anyone wanting to donate prizes we will accept them most gladly. Just tell me who you want to give them too.

The judges, the Music man, Music2u4u, robkelk and ZamuelNow. My court is complete and I thank the gentlemen for stepping up.

I want to welcome you all and I hope you enjoy this year’s July contest.

Here is our lovely V4 model showing off her new necklace and below our lovely model is the banner if you want to use it.

Image Attachments
DiamondsforV4.jpgSummerGardens.jpg

Posted: 30 June 2013 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1883
Joined  0

Well said DG…(PULLS A WATER GUN OUT!).....now, hand over the necklace!

Tries to run with the necklace, but gets hit in the face by one of Jeeperz pies, then gets wrestled to the ground by Dorsey and Lord Ganthor and cuffed.

“CURSES!...FOILED AGAIN!”....(quote by the Penguin from the 1966 Batman episodes.)

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 30 June 2013 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2558
Joined  2010-11-30

Well, my dream garden is a zen garden - lots of white sand, no flowers.

So I doubt I’ll enter this month ... which means I’m available as a judge.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come play in the July 2014 Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 30 June 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1883
Joined  0

One of the donations I will give to ALL the winners, including HMs, will be my garden memorial for our fallen. You can put a statue of whatever you want on top of the center piece if you like.

I will be making something else this month to give to the first place winner alone.

Here is a render of the memorial:

grin

Image Attachments
MemorialDaz1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 30 June 2013 09:52 AM

Well Rob, thanks for the offer. It is now sealed but you still allowed to enter so I am not letting you off the hook yet.

I think you reason for not participating is a little weak, in my opinion. Unless you are talking about the mini zen gardens. Don’t get me wrong. Not trying to pressure you but you know those Japanese they love their environments, mountains, rivers, islands, meadows. You can make a zen garden that has a flowering tree and then the moss covered rocks and islands of grass. It is all about harmony. It would be great if someone tried to create a zen garden. Come to think about it I might try to do it. Would be fun to figure out how to make the sand areas.

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
Dollygirl - 30 June 2013 10:04 AM

Well Rob, thanks for the offer. It is now sealed but you still allowed to enter so I am not letting you off the hook yet.

I think you reason for not participating is a little weak, in my opinion. Unless you are talking about the mini zen gardens. Don’t get me wrong. Not trying to pressure you but you know those Japanese they love their environments, mountains, rivers, islands, meadows. You can make a zen garden that has a flowering tree and then the moss covered rocks and islands of grass. It is all about harmony. It would be great if someone tried to create a zen garden. Come to think about it I might try to do it. Would be fun to figure out how to make the sand areas.

Well… I’m on vacation for a week, then I go back to the office and start doing two people’s work until they hire a new person to replace the one who just left. So I’ll be either too distracted or too busy to actually render… I think.

I might try a bonsai garden, assuming I can find the right freebies. Don’t hold me to that, though.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
music2u4u - 30 June 2013 09:48 AM

Well said DG…(PULLS A WATER GUN OUT!).....now, hand over the necklace!

Tries to run with the necklace, but gets hit in the face by one of Jeeperz pies, then gets wrestled to the ground by Dorsey and Lord Ganthor and cuffed.

“CURSES!...FOILED AGAIN!”....(quote by the Penguin from the 1966 Batman episodes.)

grin

Thanks Music and no robberies allowed in this thread. You have to earn that little pretty. Are you up for the challenge?

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15147
Joined  2003-10-09

Well of course, as Lord Ganthor will tell you as well, tis quite easy in Bryce. This is one I prepared earlier. 7 years earlier in fact

Image Attachments
japanes_fae.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 30 June 2013 10:09 AM

Well… I’m on vacation for a week, then I go back to the office and start doing two people’s work until they hire a new person to replace the one who just left. So I’ll be either too distracted or too busy to actually render… I think.

I might try a bonsai garden, assuming I can find the right freebies. Don’t hold me to that, though.

Now that is a good reason. Bonsai garden, whoo yes! xfrog has two samples of bonsai, one is an azalea in bloom. You want the links?When I say flowers it does not have to be the showy ones. Flowers come in all shapes and forms, some not so pretty.

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01

Very pretty Cho! Those are lovely colors and I see the zen in there!

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1651
Joined  2013-04-23

heh, even I might be able to enter this one.. maybe *has to check what I have.. and to read the rules more throughly*

Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
Dollygirl - 30 June 2013 10:13 AM
robkelk - 30 June 2013 10:09 AM

Now that is a good reason. Bonsai garden, whoo yes! xfrog has two samples of bonsai, one is an azalea in bloom. You want the links?When I say flowers it does not have to be the showy ones. Flowers come in all shapes and forms, some not so pretty.

Yes, please. You can PM me…

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Carola O - 30 June 2013 10:17 AM

heh, even I might be able to enter this one.. maybe *has to check what I have.. and to read the rules more throughly*

That is wonderful Carola. It is nice to see new people come and play in the freebie contest. There is this thread that opal42987 started that might help you with getting your garden going:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/24646/

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 30 June 2013 10:22 AM

Yes, please. You can PM me…

Well I am thinking that people might like to know where they are especially when one might not be around after today so here are the links to the Bonsai at xfrog:

http://xfrog.com/product/BN18.html
http://xfrog.com/product/BN11.html

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2003-11-24

I always try to wait to see if someone new will judge for the month, but if no one else steps up Dolly, I’ll pick up the 3rd judging seat. But please everyone, feel free to jump in and take it from me, it’s always good to see some newbies taking the judges chair, and you can still enter if you judge, you just can’t vote for your own render.

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
jeeperz - 30 June 2013 11:20 AM

I always try to wait to see if someone new will judge for the month, but if no one else steps up Dolly, I’ll pick up the 3rd judging seat. But please everyone, feel free to jump in and take it from me, it’s always good to see some newbies taking the judges chair, and you can still enter if you judge, you just can’t vote for your own render.

Thank you jeepers, you will be my judge-in-waiting, LOL.

1 of 31