Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
All of my characters just updated in DIM
Posted: 30 June 2013 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1305
Joined  2005-03-16

Opened DIM this morning and every character I own for Genesis seems to be getting an update, but no info on what the updates involve.  Anyone have an idea?

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 30 June 2013 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03

Egad. o_O I hadn’t launched mine at all today and sure enough, there they are.

Time to download, not install, and peek in the zips.

/edit
Used DIM and right click > installer files and I’m stumped. Was hoping to see some files going into the G2F folder, but nope. I think I’ll wait to install this until I find out what the updates are.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2011-01-15

I’m kind of curious what these updates are for myself. Saw them when downloading new purchases so I installed the updates. V5 seemed like it was the largest. Took quite a while to download it. No mention in the product readmes in the doc center.

Signature 

My Daz Gallery - My Deviant Art Gallery (Nudity!)

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1726
Joined  2012-04-14

Yep I had a load of updates as well.

Image Attachments
up.JPG

Posted: 30 June 2013 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03

I looked inside the V5 zip itself, and according to the file dates the Bree textures and files in /data have been updated.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 30 June 2013 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2006-09-09

yeah same here. But we don’t know WHAT the updates are yet?

Posted: 30 June 2013 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6041
Joined  2003-10-09

Haven’t checked, but I’m expecting some older files may eventually be updated to .duf format?

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 30 June 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10053
Joined  2005-10-07

Aiko 5?!  do i need to re d/l all the Aiko 5 stuff, like her expressions?

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 30 June 2013 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  0

I just started using this thing, how do I find updates? All my products so far have been downloaded & installed the old way, I’d rather not have to do it all over again just to find out what’s changed.

Posted: 30 June 2013 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-15
Misty Whisky - 30 June 2013 07:07 AM

Aiko 5?!  do i need to re d/l all the Aiko 5 stuff, like her expressions?

All I saw was characters in the updates. So no need to download anything else if there is no updated download showing in DIM.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2009-01-09

This is weirdly variable. I have most of the characters Anikad showed in that screencap, but the only ones I have with updates at all (not just from the screencap) are Aiko5, CitizenX, Stalker Girl, Michael5 and Gorilla. No Young Teens, no Andrei, no Hiro5, no Stephanie5. Very strange indeed.

tjohn - 30 June 2013 05:25 AM

Haven’t checked, but I’m expecting some older files may eventually be updated to .duf format?

Most of them already were DUF. The only character from my list above that wasn’t originally issued with DUFs is Michael5, and he got DUFed for DSON back in October.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 30 June 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1726
Joined  2012-04-14
Byrdie - 30 June 2013 08:56 AM

I just started using this thing, how do I find updates? All my products so far have been downloaded & installed the old way, I’d rather not have to do it all over again just to find out what’s changed.

You have to use the DIM to find out about updates. I believe you can get away with just downloading everything but not installing and you’ll still get notifications.  There is also this update thread where folks are commenting when something they have has been updated: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/P540 but that’s not going to catch everything.

Posted: 30 June 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2006-07-31

I’ve checked on new Julia and it looks for me that many morphs were compressed. When I decompressed main Julia morph it looked pretty much the same as before. If there are differences in code, it would take a lot of time to decompress and compare everything so I wonder if anybody can compare functionality in some other way.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 30 June 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1305
Joined  2005-03-16

Well, now 6 of this morning’s updates are on the list again.  Gabi for V5, Gunner for D5, Mavka for Genesis, Riley for S5, Tori for V5, Arashi for H5 were all updated at the time of my original post, but here they are again in DIM, and actually not in the “Products to be updated” category, just listed as Products to dl and install.

Whatever it is, it doesn’t seem to be hurting anything, other than messing up a little of my custom naming conventions.  For example, I hate when products have a + or !! in front of their names to bump them to the top of the list in Smart Content, so I usually remove that punctuation so they get alphabetized like everyone else.  So now I have double entries on all of the ones I did that with.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 30 June 2013 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-15
Slosh - 30 June 2013 12:31 PM

Well, now 6 of this morning’s updates are on the list again.  Gabi for V5, Gunner for D5, Mavka for Genesis, Riley for S5, Tori for V5, Arashi for H5 were all updated at the time of my original post, but here they are again in DIM, and actually not in the “Products to be updated” category, just listed as Products to dl and install.

I don’t own any of those items but I checked and none of mine have repeated from this morning. Maybe they will eventually get around to putting the changes in the readmes but that doesn’t seem to have happened yet.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1095
Joined  2010-11-30

Has Gabi for V5 actually been updated?  The files aren’t showing an update and 2 versions show up in the product Library that have slightly different sizes.

Quick addition it, looks like multiple versions are showing up for download in troducts Library for some products.  Mavka has a new version and an old version.  Both files are the same size, but they have different dates.

The multiple duplicate name files it looks like is the problem.

1 of 4