Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
WOW word of warning
Posted: 20 June 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2005-11-10
Heller - 20 June 2012 02:15 PM

I’ve never played WOW, but if you’re downloading the demo from anywhere other than its official site, you’re probably running a big risk.  And if this was some sort of hack that was supposed to modify the demo, that’s even riskier. Just buy the full game instead of trying to get something for nothing.

you get to play to lvl 20 for free to try out the game its like an extended demo, some things like trading and action house are blocked off to stop gold traders. and as far as I know you can only download from the official down-loader.

WOW and Blizzard is very secure but if you don’t use good web safe methodologies you will get hacked and thy do tend to go after the big MMO’s as a lot of people use the same e-mail password for every thing so if they hack one place there is a good chance they can get in to other accounts.

Signature 

Community Volunteer:
My DAZ Store 

NeilV Poser Stuff & Chohole’s Space

Old Post Count = 6362

Posted: 20 June 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2006-03-03

I’d played Diablo 2 back in its day through their battle.net a while but generally preferred to play offline.  I couldn’t stand the constant interruptions from other players always wanting me to rush them.  I’ve stayed away from MMORPG pretty much since then, since it’s never always clear in the descriptions if you can actually play the games anymore in offline mode except in a short tutorial mode.

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29
wendy♥catz - 20 June 2012 02:49 PM

I always think, if it keeps them off the streets, it is a good thing!

yes, it is better they kill avatars and not real people LOL

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

I never played WOW or any other online game and I never will

Signature 

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4865
Joined  2005-08-03

The spam is not from the starter edition specifically, it’s because of being registered with Blizzard in general. I pay monthly for the full game, but my gmail is good and filters the shit straight to my spam. I have Blizzard’s legitimate addresses added to my allow list.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2006-03-03

Not to nitpick (well maybe), but shouldn’t this thread title include an off-topic notice since it’s not about anything to do with DAZ?
And someone reading the title might see WOW as an exclamation, or an abbreviation for Word of Warning, thinking it’s a warning about something sold here.  As I did.

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
cosmo71 - 20 June 2012 04:09 PM

I’ve played Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and EnB, but that’s it. I even made some maps for CS:S in Hammer Editor. Got from there into 3D graphics in general, so you could say Counter Strike sent me to DAZ Studio, in a way.

I’ve never been into WoW <*shrug*>

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Norse Graphics - 20 June 2012 08:58 PM
cosmo71 - 20 June 2012 04:09 PM

I’ve played Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and EnB, but that’s it. I even made some maps for CS:S in Hammer Editor. Got from there into 3D graphics in general, so you could say Counter Strike sent me to DAZ Studio, in a way.

I’ve never been into WoW <*shrug*>

an accident brought me to daz and into 3d art smile was searching something at google really can`t remember what but I am sure it had nothing to do with 3d art or rendering but for some reason I was brought to the daz store and when I saw that the software is free I downloaded it just to try what it is…that was it…today I am a daz maniac.

Signature 

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1567
Joined  2010-02-14
wendy♥catz - 20 June 2012 02:49 PM

I always think, if it keeps them off the streets, it is a good thing!

That it does! As well as out of the sun and fresh air and character building extra curricular activities too! smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

“The point is that nothing is a waste of time if you accept enjoyment as a reward for it, “

Damn straight.

Any hobby can be considered a wast of time. “I have been playing video games as long as there have been video games” I say that so often I want the copy rights to it lol Really I started play with pong. Since I have been online; about 12 years, I have played 20 or so MMOs, I don’t watch TV because 3/4 of it is crap; formulaic and repetitive. I’m not doing much CG because what I want to do I can’t any more because DAZ broke it, so I play games.

At present I am unemployed; diagnosed with emphysema last October, so I had to give up my job at the grain elevator. Of coarse I fell through the crack on that one, not disabled but as the job service has said “unemployable”. Fun stuff.

I used to be real careful with on line games, I have 2 dummy email accounts for them. But it had been so long since I had any issues that I had got out of the habit of using them. The people at WOW said it wasn’t them some one probably hacked my facebook account then tried my paypal, but that doesn’t explain the avalanche of spam that flooded my email.

None the less, as a word of warning, always use a dummy email for online games.

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8045
Joined  2009-05-14
LeatherGryphon - 20 June 2012 07:00 AM
scorpio64dragon - 20 June 2012 06:32 AM

WOW = World of Warcraft - online game

Oh!  An online game. (*sigh*).  When walking in snake pits one should expect to get bitten. 

I really really just don’t understand the need for computer games, Never did!  And that applies especially to massive player online games.  ohh A waste of creative effort on part of the creators and a waste of life for the players.  However, that being said… for one brief period of a few years I enjoyed the Myst series of games as they came out.  I guess because it was a thinking man’s game and not a mindless shoot-em-up, kill every bogey in site and break your thumbs while doing it. tongue rolleye    

Oh good I am not alone. Give me a Myst based game any day and I will show you happiness. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1862
Joined  2006-02-17
Szark - 21 June 2012 07:13 AM

Oh!  An online game. (*sigh*).  When walking in snake pits one should expect to get bitten. 

I really really just don’t understand the need for computer games, Never did!  And that applies especially to massive player online games.  ohh A waste of creative effort on part of the creators and a waste of life for the players.  However, that being said… for one brief period of a few years I enjoyed the Myst series of games as they came out.  I guess because it was a thinking man’s game and not a mindless shoot-em-up, kill every bogey in site and break your thumbs while doing it. tongue rolleye    

Oh good I am not alone. Give me a Myst based game any day and I will show you happiness. smile

Happiness is writing the game/code and considering it a challenge when the users “find ways to break it” or “work around your so carefully thought out limitations.”  That becomes a game in itself.  Person vs Person.  It is most fun when one is up against someone more skillful at working around/breaking through the code than I am at writing it.  Sort of a Holmes/Moriarty scenario.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Try Portal and Portal 2…

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2003-11-04

Image Attachments
128969179316988854.jpg
funny-pictures-your-cat-is-almost-level-68.jpg
lolcatWow.jpg
lolcat_wow.jpg
800415-lolcat-army.jpg
 Signature 

♪ ~~~ Art is in the eye of the beholder and in the land of the blind the one-eyed woman is king.~~~ ♬
(old DAZ forum post count +10,243)
~ ~ ~ ~  ( and here’s my gallery at Renderosity…. )

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8045
Joined  2009-05-14
Norse Graphics - 21 June 2012 07:29 AM

Try Portal and Portal 2…

Yeah I have been tempted as most Myst fans seems to enjoy it and voice their opinions on the Myst Online forums. May be one day I will delve in.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

2 of 3