Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Corrected V4 UV for Genesis
Posted: 29 June 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2010-12-30
Swawa3D - 29 June 2013 12:14 PM

For the UV map correction, when you say the entire face I assume you mean all surfaces that are composed of the face image map: “1_Lip”, “1_Nostril” & “1_SkinFace” and no other surfaces, correct? 

The base morph also seems to fix the nose slightly in addition to the mouth?

Thanks for the info and for the excellent product.

Yes the complete facial uv map including the lips and nostrils, nothing else is edited.

And yes, the base morph includes some gentle editing of the nose that I had forgotten about since I uploaded the product some time ago.

Glad you like it.

Happy renderings (and animations wink

Signature 

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam”

Posted: 08 July 2013 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26

Wow! I picked this up this morning. I debated on whether to purchase this item.  I’m glad I went ahead and got this. I did not realize until I did a comparison how distorted those Genesis V4 uv maps were until I did a couple of renders and compared them one on top of another in Photoshop. The difference is especially noticeable in the eyebrows.

Posted: 15 July 2013 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2183
Joined  2012-02-04

When I click on the gear for parameter settings on the “Manually Insert Correction” shaping control, DS 4.6.0.18 crashes.

Image Attachments
Corrected_V4_UV_Crash.jpg

Posted: 15 July 2013 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1442
Joined  2010-02-14

Is there going to be an M4 version by any chance? o.o

EDIT: 900th post! :3

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 15 July 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
barbult - 15 July 2013 01:12 AM

When I click on the gear for parameter settings on the “Manually Insert Correction” shaping control, DS 4.6.0.18 crashes.

I’m not able to replicate this.  Does it happen consistently?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 July 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
fixmypcmike - 15 July 2013 05:52 AM

Yes, absolutely every time. thank you for trying to reproduce it.  I’m running Windows 7 64 bit. I’ve rebooted my computer and tried again today - same crash.

This is what I do:
Load Genesis
Apply a V4 texture set, e.g. Lana Elite, but I’ve tried several Elite textures
Change Genesis (also tried just Genesis face) to Corrected V4 UV
Open Shaping Tab and navigate to Head->MorphKits->Corrected V4 UV
Click the gear on Manually Inserted Correction

The cursor spins for 10 seconds or so and then I get the DAZ Studio Application has stopped working message. There is nothing in the DS log to indicate a problem when I look afterward. I’m not having any other flaky behavior from DS. I can click on other gear icons and select parameter settings without any problem, even the other one associated with the corrected V4 UV.

The Windows Event Viewer shows Application Error when DS crashes like this. Here is a sample event:

Faulting application name: DAZStudio.exe, version: 4.6.0.18, time stamp: 0x5191dc25
Faulting module name: QtGui4.dll, version: 4.8.4.0, time stamp: 0x510803db
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00000000006887d7
Faulting process id: 0x45c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8179440f5c58
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtGui4.dll
Report Id: d9299fd2-ed6c-11e2-b935-6c626d548229

Any suggestions?

Edited: I wrote a bug report here https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=50662

Posted: 15 July 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30

Sorry to learn about your problem.

I’m also on a 64-bit Win-7 machine. I’ll test as soon as possible.

I’m currently flying home (in fligh wi-fi wink from a weekend trip in London so the earliest I can test it is in another 4 hours…

I’m curious, why do you want to open the parameters for the manual insert corrections when changing the slider should be all you need to do to get the desired effect?

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
bringho - 15 July 2013 01:49 PM

I’m currently flying home (in fligh wi-fi wink from a weekend trip in London so the earliest I can test it is in another 4 hours…

I’m curious, why do you want to open the parameters for the manual insert corrections when changing the slider should be all you need to do to get the desired effect?

Hi, thanks for looking into it. I’ll be interested to see if you can replicate the problem. I have a texture that didn’t seem to fit well around the nose after selecting the corrected V4 UV. I noticed that if I slid the manual correction slider all the way to the right, it got better, but was not completely fixed. So, I thought I would open the parameter settings and disable limits so I could apply a little more correction. That is when it crashes every time (when I click on the gear and select parameter settings).

Posted: 15 July 2013 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30
barbult - 15 July 2013 11:34 AM
fixmypcmike - 15 July 2013 05:52 AM

Yes, absolutely every time. thank you for trying to reproduce it.  I’m running Windows 7 64 bit. I’ve rebooted my computer and tried again today - same crash.

This is what I do:
Load Genesis
Apply a V4 texture set, e.g. Lana Elite, but I’ve tried several Elite textures
Change Genesis (also tried just Genesis face) to Corrected V4 UV
Open Shaping Tab and navigate to Head->MorphKits->Corrected V4 UV
Click the gear on Manually Inserted Correction

The cursor spins for 10 seconds or so and then I get the DAZ Studio Application has stopped working message. There is nothing in the DS log to indicate a problem when I look afterward. I’m not having any other flaky behavior from DS. I can click on other gear icons and select parameter settings without any problem, even the other one associated with the corrected V4 UV.

The Windows Event Viewer shows Application Error when DS crashes like this. Here is a sample event:

Faulting application name: DAZStudio.exe, version: 4.6.0.18, time stamp: 0x5191dc25
Faulting module name: QtGui4.dll, version: 4.8.4.0, time stamp: 0x510803db
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00000000006887d7
Faulting process id: 0x45c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8179440f5c58
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtGui4.dll
Report Id: d9299fd2-ed6c-11e2-b935-6c626d548229

Any suggestions?

Edited: I wrote a bug report here https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=50662

This is what I did to try to get the same crash on my system:

Start Daz 4.6.0.18
Genesis loads automatically when started.
Loaded Elite texture “Katie Elite MAT All”.
Surfaces Pane > select Genesis full figure > change uv to ” Victoria 4 Corrected”.

Shaping Pane > Actor > Head > MorphKits > Corrected V4 UV > Select “Parameter Settings…”
Tried both the “Enable Auto Correction” and the “Manually Insert Correction”, no crash.

Then, to insert the Victoria 4 morph before selecting “Parameter Settings…” I:
Shaping Pane > Actor > Female > Real World > And dialled “Victoria 4” to 100%

And back to the:
Shaping Pane > Actor > Head > MorphKits > Corrected V4 UV > Select “Parameter Settings…”
Tried both the “Enable Auto Correction” and the “Manually Insert Correction”, both still works for me.

Have you tried to select “Parameter Settings…” on any other head morph to verify that this only
happens with the “Corrected V4 UV for Genesis” morphs and no other head morph?

No other ideas as of right now I’m afraid.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30
barbult - 15 July 2013 02:09 PM

Hi, thanks for looking into it. I’ll be interested to see if you can replicate the problem. I have a texture that didn’t seem to fit well around the nose after selecting the corrected V4 UV. I noticed that if I slid the manual correction slider all the way to the right, it got better, but was not completely fixed. So, I thought I would open the parameter settings and disable limits so I could apply a little more correction. That is when it crashes every time (when I click on the gear and select parameter settings).

IC,
Did you compare the look on Genesis (with the V4 figure morph applied) to the same texture loaded to the original V4 mesh?

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
bringho - 15 July 2013 04:39 PM

Start Daz 4.6.0.18
Surfaces Pane > select Genesis full figure > change uv to ” Victoria 4 Corrected”.

Tried both the “Enable Auto Correction” and the “Manually Insert Correction”, no crash.

And back to the:
Tried both the “Enable Auto Correction” and the “Manually Insert Correction”, both still works for me.

Have you tried to select “Parameter Settings…” on any other head morph to verify that this only

It happens only with the manual correction control, not even with the automatic control of Corrected V4 UV. Very strange. It seems to be unique to my computer/installation. fixmypcmike couldn’t reproduce it either.

Posted: 15 July 2013 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30
barbult - 15 July 2013 05:55 PM

Start Daz 4.6.0.18

And back to the:

It happens only with the manual correction control, not even with the automatic control of Corrected V4 UV. Very strange. It seems to be unique to my computer/installation. fixmypcmike couldn’t reproduce it either.

A few times I have had the problem that not all files copy correctly into My Library, not by DLM that I know but when I copy the files by hand from the zip archive (in my case non-Daz products).
I guess you’ve already uninstalled, delete the install file, download again and reinstall with the DL Manager?
What’s the size of the file: My Library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/bringho/Victoria 4 UV Corrected/Manually Insert Correction.dsf?

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
bringho - 15 July 2013 08:40 PM
barbult - 15 July 2013 05:55 PM

Start Daz 4.6.0.18

And back to the:

A few times I have had the problem that not all files copy correctly into My Library, not by DLM that I know but when I copy the files by hand from the zip archive (in my case non-Daz products).
I guess you’ve already uninstalled, delete the install file, download again and reinstall with the DL Manager?
What’s the size of the file: My Library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/bringho/Victoria 4 UV Corrected/Manually Insert Correction.dsf?

Thank you for continuing to work with me to resolve this. I originally installed with the DIM. I uninstalled the product with the DIM. I downloaded the zip file again from DAZ. This time I manually installed the files. It still crashes for me in exactly the same way. Here is a screen shot of the file size information.

Image Attachments
Manual_correction_size.JPG

Posted: 15 July 2013 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
bringho - 15 July 2013 04:43 PM
barbult - 15 July 2013 02:09 PM

IC,
Did you compare the look on Genesis (with the V4 figure morph applied) to the same texture loaded to the original V4 mesh?

I had not looked closely enough at the texture on V4 herself. The error I see also appears in the texture when applied to V4. Your product faithfully reproduced that on my Genesis. So your product is good - the texture I used is not perfect (IMHO).

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30
barbult - 15 July 2013 10:38 PM
bringho - 15 July 2013 04:43 PM

< snip >

IC,

I had not looked closely enough at the texture on V4 herself. The error I see also appears in the texture when applied to V4. Your product faithfully reproduced that on my Genesis. So your product is good - the texture I used is not perfect (IMHO).

For a number of reasons few products (if any) are perfect…

Signature 

2 of 4