Digital Art Zone

2 of 10
mcjShrinkWrapA for DS 4.5+ - shrink wrap figures and objects—simple basic version A
Posted: 27 June 2013 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4994
Joined  2005-08-03

Are you just an elite code monkey, or are these things just that easy to pump out? I think I’d have been banging my head a long time ago.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 27 June 2013 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2293
Joined  2006-01-19
Vaskania - 27 June 2013 11:24 PM

Are you just an elite code monkey, or are these things just that easy to pump out? I think I’d have been banging my head a long time ago.

i think i started code monkeing around 1975 on a telex in high school

we’re talking real programming, not just printing out posters of Brigitte Bardot

Image Attachments
1280px-Telex_machine_ASR-32.jpg

Posted: 27 June 2013 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

it’s ready ! https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjshrinkwrapa

but the manual / web page will be expanded to cover the different ways to use the script

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Warning According to statements seen in the Daz3D forumUsing "shrink-wrap" modeling tools 

to create 
and distribute clothes and figures derived from Daz3D figures like Genesis is forbidden 

and could result in litigation for copyright violations.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Posted: 28 June 2013 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2012-07-21

You’re the greatest, Casual grin

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 28 June 2013 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
BlackFeather1973 - 28 June 2013 12:48 AM

You’re the greatest, Casual grin

Thanks ! but not as great as Aiko5 Brown from “Back to the Future” ( that scene was cut out )

Image Attachments
Aiko5Brown.jpg

Posted: 28 June 2013 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8426
Joined  2009-07-13

thats cool!
and yes people could also just do an obj export of Daz mesh too and illegally redistribute but obj export for use in other software for rendering ok.
everything is ok for producing 2D renders, this is just another tool.
Making such things clear never hurts though for your own sake.
I use the transfer utility or even just V4 or M4 bvh in Carrara a lot btw to rig other figures for animation in 2D renders but am also aware even if I model those figures they are not redistributable.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 28 June 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5236
Joined  2012-04-07

WooHoo! Thanks! Downloaded and installed ... grin

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 28 June 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2003-10-09

Great script, especially since it does not mess up the UV mapping.  Thanks Casual!!

Posted: 28 June 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Once I figured out how to read instructions ... works GREAT!

And preliminary tests appear to indicate that this would rank as “legal shrink-wrap”*** as it appears to be doing the same as the “smoothing” did with our clothing mesh. See images posted showing that it is NOT changing the mesh to become that of the target’s.

*** I’m not a lawyer, I’ll check with DAZ3D for their opinion as that’s what counts before redistributing.

edit to add: I have sent in request. Will post back of the answer when it arrives [be patient, it’s Friday wink ]

edit to add some more: Have shared link in my clothing thread too.
This is such a wonderful help. Thank you so much.

Image Attachments
001.png002.png
 Signature 

Posted: 28 June 2013 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Will this work on say a SuperSuit I made a little while back?  There is always room for improvement and I know that there are parts of the suit that are just not as tight against Genesis body as I would prefer! 

I’m so glad you have introduced this handy tool.  This is so awesome!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 28 June 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4994
Joined  2005-08-03
Patience55 - 28 June 2013 11:18 AM

And preliminary tests appear to indicate that this would rank as “legal shrink-wrap”*** as it appears to be doing the same as the “smoothing” did with our clothing mesh. See images posted showing that it is NOT changing the mesh to become that of the target’s.

*** I’m not a lawyer, I’ll check with DAZ3D for their opinion as that’s what counts before redistributing.

edit to add: I have sent in request. Will post back of the answer when it arrives [be patient, it’s Friday wink ]

Thanks for testing that! I have plans today and won’t be at home until later this evening probably. Please reply back when/if you check with Daz. =D

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 28 June 2013 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2005-03-26
RAMWolff - 28 June 2013 12:03 PM

Will this work on say a SuperSuit I made a little while back?  There is always room for improvement and I know that there are parts of the suit that are just not as tight against Genesis body as I would prefer! 

Well, there’s one way to find out….
Of course, I think this shrinks toward an axis, rather than to a center point.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 28 June 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Vaskania - 28 June 2013 01:03 PM

Thanks for testing that! I have plans today and won’t be at home until later this evening probably. Please reply back when/if you check with Daz. =D

Will do, so far all I’ve received back is the standard reply indicating that it is in somebody’s work basket wink
Normally these type of requests do take a few days, and there is a weekend of course.

Now ... this shrink script is not a “will do all the work” for the modeler type thing. But it sure quickens the process lol ...

Signature 

Posted: 28 June 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
Eustace Scrubb - 28 June 2013 01:14 PM
RAMWolff - 28 June 2013 12:03 PM

Well, there’s one way to find out….
Of course, I think this shrinks toward an axis, rather than to a center point.

here is the way it works

the script goes through the wrapper cloth’s vertices one by one.
each vertex has a “normal” which is like a flagpole planted perpendicular to the “ground” at the position of the vertex
the script installs an mcjCollider at the top of the flagpole
it orients the mcjCollider so that it points toward the ground, in line with the flagpole
the script “fires” the mcjCollider
the collider crashes at the surface of the figure being wrapped
the script adds an entry in the morph that makes the cloth vertex move just above to the crash site

if the collider misses the figure, for example while trying to wrap 2 legs,
then the script moves the cloth vertex the sane distance it did, the last time it did hit something.
The result of this is not optimal but often better than just leaving the vertex alone

Image Attachments
wrapit.jpg

Posted: 28 June 2013 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

i think most wrappers must work the same way. I hope they’ll clearly officially state what is allowed instead of blanket prohibitions. for example state their goal, which must be to prevent duplication/cloning and distribution of assets ... something. There must be things they tolerate, like the production of original content “fitted” using wrappers. And things they wont tolerate, the duplication of figures

2 of 10