Posted: 27 June 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6171
Joined  2007-12-04

Helluva nice render there, EP!!!
Sweet!!!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 27 June 2013 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Hmmm… new rules….

Image Attachments
VanDropBack.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 27 June 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

I like it better with my wife in it:

Image Attachments
VanDrop.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

But then it’s disqualified.
As a matter of fact, the first one would be disqualified, too. Although it’s not actually in the store yet, Carrara Environkit - Woodlands has been approved, tested and qualified. So it is Daz Content now. I would feel like I was cheating if I did that anyways.

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5514
Joined  2006-08-27

Same here if I included stuff from my Fantasy Village. I was actually thinking of rigging the octopus that comes in the Objects browser and doing another landmark object and doing a monster movie inspired render.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7729
Joined  2009-07-13

..............and I could recycle this but will not
Fully only in Carrara created, my own modelling
(while I did borrow V4’s skeleton for the Carrara animation, I dd do a carrara rigged version to export to iClone)

Image Attachments
mtv.png
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Cool! The biggest goal I’m giving myself is to adhere to Andrew’s reasoning behind his rules - to try things that are out of my norm in Carrara. This might include things like particles, physics, maybe Luxus, yeah… Luxus will be vastly beyond my normal Carrara usage since I’ve never even tried using it yet = but I’ve always wanted to. Whether I end up using Luxus in my entry will remain to be seen - but the only way it won’t is if a roll a critical fail through the entire month.

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Wendy, I was in the middle of typing and didn’t see you there. Sorry Miss! Forgive my barging in on you.
I love what you did with that. That mirror is really neat and still gets me how very reflective Carrara shaders can truly be! I recall when you were working on this video (money fer nuthin) and you made the member from Sweet (and yer chicks fer free) and I asked you if that’s who it was without you even saying anything! lol
Now that’s a likeness when that happens, eh?
For the longest time I wanted to ask you how you applied your own clothing to figures like that so successfully - ‘cause you’ve been doing that for years, right? So Head Wax and Roygee filled me in on your secret when I told them that I was going to ask you. Wow… that’s amazingly cool! That’s Carrara! That’s Wendy Loves Cats!!!

You R O C K girl… we are lucky to have you (I’m putting one of our fun little huggy smiles in here)

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7729
Joined  2009-07-13

yes, I did do Brian Connolly using Genesis and Facegen.
he was my teen idol
great thing about CG is we can recreate our idols or fantasy versions of wives!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

(I’m putting one of our fun little huggy smiles in here)

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5514
Joined  2006-08-27

I spent some time rigging and weight painting the octopus found under Mesh Models in the Object browser. The eyes were a separate mesh, so I copied and pasted them into the main body’s vertex model. I also added my own shaders. Here’s a test render and a couple screen shots. One shows the location of the octopus in the browser and the other is an overhead showing the rig in the assembly room.

Image Attachments
Picture_2.pngPicture_1.pngOctopus.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 27 June 2013 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2051
Joined  2008-01-28
de3an - 27 June 2013 04:07 PM
head wax - 27 June 2013 03:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback, here are the rules tweaked. (smiley here)
Any other feedback of course is welcome!

Thanks Andrew!

pleasure smile

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
wendy♥catz - 27 June 2013 04:56 PM

line up daz figure’s pose to object’s limbs
hold shift
select Daz figure’s hip
go to animation
attach skeleton
untick daz figure’s visibility

Gee Wendy, you are spoiling my fun smile I had a three page full glossy tut all lined up smile (smileybuttons)

with the DOG object that comes in the Objects Folder it is several splines in a group ,
so you can’t scale one axis individually to get it line up with the Daz Dog Bones

so the best way to rig it is to export as an Obj then reimport it as one mesh. That way you can scale it as you want but also use soft select to move the verticies to line up with the bones - I guess you could also move the bones to line up with the mesh smile

if you delete the eg Daz Dog mesh then you will be left with bones that , from memory, have no constraints?? no names? can’t remember - but they no longer respond to poses you inject

the other way to steal bones is to bring them in as BVH, Carnegie has stacks, you can attach the skeletons to mesh in Carrara, then run the bvh and freeze it at the appropriate frame

problems I have had when I uses this in past was the BVH is very jumpy so I used to import it into Truespace, then export it, and somehow the BVH would come out very clean

link to BVH database here http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu

Great to see everyone attacking this quest from all angles smile

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
diomede64 - 27 June 2013 05:08 PM

The rhino in disguise (morphed and painted) as a cow.  The rhino came from the content browser.  The udder is a torus with a spiky modifier.

Fantastic, I would never have known it was the rhino smile! Great idea with spiky modifier smile  How did you paint it ? In cowarrara? (I stole Wendy’s joke smile smile )

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
Dartanbeck - 27 June 2013 05:22 PM

But then it’s disqualified.
As a matter of fact, the first one would be disqualified, too. Although it’s not actually in the store yet, Carrara Environkit - Woodlands has been approved, tested and qualified. So it is Daz Content now. I would feel like I was cheating if I did that anyways.

still beautiful work, I get to play with my new Evironkit toy on Sunday smile yipppeee

Signature 

3 of 18