VOTING for This challenge now Open! in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/25907/
Whoa! What a great showing for last month’s Carrara Challenge.! Thanks you so much everyone for the interest!
And so we have our second challenge:
QUIRKY, HUMOROUS, FAST AND FURIOUS
PRIMARY AIM: to produce a Quirky , Humorous and/or Action Packed Render in Carrara.
In this Challenge You can use:
1) Objects that come with Carrara (found in your Browser Objects Folder: From Aircraft to Writer.) ‘
2) ONE item of non “humanoid” CONTENT can appear in your render.
3) ANYTHING you made yourself, in any quantity. You can do ANYTHING to whatever you make yourself.
1) The CONTENT element is optional.
2) It CANNOT be any figure meant to represent a human being, or human like creature.
You can, however, use any figure’s skeleton to rig something you find in the Carrara Objects folder.
3) Content that has Multi Element Objects like an Aircraft Carrier with ten different Kinds of Lifeboats, an entire Medieval Town., a Blacksmith’s with an entire array of furniture and tools etc should be avoided.
I’ll leave it up to the individual artist to make a distinction.
4) Your Content Element can be used Once in the scene - (optical reflections aside)
5) Content Definition: something that did not come in your Carrara Objects Folder.
6) Anything you made yourself is NOT content.
THE CARRARA OBJECTS
If you look in the HELP>OBJECT CATALOGUE drop down menu in the top bar of your Carrara, will find a link to a PDF that outlines all the Objects that come with Carrara. In your browser you will find them under Objects (Aircraft to Writer)
They are mostly spline objects and perhaps some Primitives. None of them seem to have UV co-ords. They come with colours but no textures.
You can do anything you like with these Objects that you like. The main thing is that the Carrara Object(s) is the starting point of your endeavors.
Yes? No? Postwork is for the artist to decide. The aim is to present your best work for public display, so if you feel that it is necessary or not, it’s your call.
The other AIM of this Challenge is:
1) To encourage a sense of community.
2) To entice people out of the wood work.
3) To learn from ourselves and others.
4) To explore different parts of Carrara you might not have visited. For example rigging, texturing even the Carrara three d paint brush.
I’m proud to announce that, along with DAZ’s kind sponsorship, well known Carrarrite DimensionTheory will be generously sponsoring this month’s challenge.
Yippee !!! smiley times ten here
So in addition to DAZ’ coupons outlined below we have DimensionTheory’s magnificent:
1st Place: Monterey HDRIs for first place: http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-monterey
2nd Place: Cloud Nine Atmospheric Clouds: http://www.daz3d.com/cloud-nine-atmospheric-clouds-for-carrara
3rd Place: Skies of Terra Volume One : http://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-terra-volume-one
These are all superb pieces of engineering. If you know DimensionTheory’s attention to detail and his artistry you’ll realise what wonderful prizes these are.
Thank you DimensionTheory!!
You can see DimensionTheory’s store here: http://www.daz3d.com/dimensiontheory
You’ll find he has 20 rip roaring products for Carrara.
And once again DAZ has been kind enough to sponsor us. Thankyou Britney!
DAZ is donating:
Ist Place: a $50 coupon
2nd Place will win a $30 coupon
3rd Place wins a $15 coupon
In addition the Honorable Mention will receive a $5 coupon code.
DAZ has been very generous in encouraging these Carrara Challenges and has offered to support us once a month!
Please note that the coupons are for DAZ3D items.
Each Artist can enter up to two Renders.
Please specify what content you used (if any) and the Carrara Objects you used.
Tell us how you made it and feel free to drop any hints on your working methods!
You can also tell us whether it is meant to be Quirky, Humorous or Fast and Furious if you like.
I’ll open up an Entries Thread closer to the time.
ENDS 27th July at 12 MIDNIGHT Daz Utah Time (link at bottom)
Any questions, queries or anything Ieft out please ask in this thread
Thank you again for your interest and help.! Looking forward to seeing what people come up with.
The winner gets to host next month’s challenge. I’d also like to suggest that the Host of one Month’s challenge CANNOT host the next month;s challenge (smiley button)
LINKS of INTEREST
DimensionTheory’s store: http://www.daz3d.com/dimensiontheory
Previous Sponsor Dartanbeck’s store: http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dartanbeck&x=0&y=0
DAZ Time UTAH: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-UT.aspx
EDITS: changed rules to allow anything you made yourself to be included. Thank you for the feedback!
Edited 3rd July for clarity.