Digital Art Zone

1 of 37
V6, DAZ’s most successful release? 
Posted: 24 June 2013 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Got an E-mail today saying that V6 is DAZ’s most successful release to date. With the large number of disgruntled, and upset, DAZ customers (a lot of which refusing to buy), somehow I highly doubt that.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 24 June 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2006-09-14

Perhaps as a DAZ original, but Paolo’s Reality really light up the night.

Signature 

My life and times: http://bryonlape.com/

Posted: 24 June 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  0

true.. this is not fair

I have bought Vic 6 pro bundle, but regret it..

no auto fit for her hair and clothes in Poser 9
and no responds from the admin’s how to solve it

shame !

Posted: 24 June 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Going to ask for a refund?

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1575
Joined  2008-11-10
Knight22179 - 24 June 2013 05:24 PM

Got an E-mail today saying that V6 is DAZ’s most successful release to date. With the large number of disgruntled, and upset, DAZ customers (a lot of which refusing to buy), somehow I highly doubt that.

Yeah, nothing false about DAZ statement.

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Email from Daz? It’s possible it’s true because the forum doesn’t represent everyone. I think the most productive people don’t post here, they just buy content and go render. Maybe they leech some info here and there, but not sure everyone spends their day having circular conversations with people.

Also, if DS 4 and Genesis brought on new customers, V6 would be the first new launch for them. So they would jump on it potentially. All speculation sorry.

Point is that it is possible, i just don’t have any metrics to determine one way or the other.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

DAZ has caught the interest of many commercial investors with the release of Daz Studio 4… so disgruntled hobbyists (with smaller pocketbooks) are not their most lucrative merchants.

<end comment>

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1575
Joined  2008-11-10
JasmineSkunk - 24 June 2013 06:13 PM

DAZ has caught the interest of many commercial investors with the release of Daz Studio 4… so disgruntled hobbyists (with smaller pocketbooks) are not their most lucrative merchants.

<end comment>

And if you want your older figures supported, you have to show that support with your wallet, not forum posts.

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-01
Male-M3dia - 24 June 2013 06:15 PM
JasmineSkunk - 24 June 2013 06:13 PM

<end comment>

And if you want your older figures supported, you have to show that support with your wallet, not forum posts.

Who’s talking about supporting older figures? Not me….

...ummm….

nahhh… I better just find something to do… big hugs to all! *smile*

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

OK… to clarify… just cuz I’m bored mostly….

I absolutely believe the claim that Daz’s Victoria 6 was the most successful release to date.

Why?

Because the BRUNT of their profit doesn’t come from the hobbyist market. Perhaps it once did. It no longer does. Why again? Because Daz Studio 4 was new technology that commercial business took an interest in. That means…. schools are buying hundreds, perhaps thousands, of licenses to teach Daz Studio in the classroom… Businesses are buying dozens, perhaps, hundreds of licenses to have Daz Studio on their workstations…

We just can’t—even as a group—compete with that. Our voice is just not as weighty as that old forgotten penny…

kk… I think that’s all I meant to say… sorry for interrupting…

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3321
Joined  2009-08-05
Knight22179 - 24 June 2013 05:24 PM

Those “large” number of disgrunted and upset customers who post are a very small percentage of the total market place:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 24 June 2013 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2009-08-07

Successful is a term that can mean just about anything, anyway. Doesn’t have to be success in sale figures.

Still, congrats to DAZ. Sounds like they’re happy with how it’s all going

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 24 June 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2609
Joined  2010-11-30
JasmineSkunk - 24 June 2013 06:35 PM

I absolutely believe the claim that Daz’s Victoria 6 was the most successful release to date.

Why?

I believe it might be because the release was carries out without anyone ever saying the word “soon”... If that is the case, it was certainly the most successful release from a scheduling point of view.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or one of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 24 June 2013 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-01
robkelk - 24 June 2013 07:25 PM
JasmineSkunk - 24 June 2013 06:35 PM

Why?

I believe it might be because the release was carries out without anyone ever saying the word “soon”... If that is the case, it was certainly the most successful release from a scheduling point of view.

Ha!

....now that is funny.

Posted: 24 June 2013 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4129
Joined  2011-11-25

I can buy v6 is this popular. Lots of people seem to like the attractive female characters. =-)

Posted: 24 June 2013 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

Ha!

ok…

For what it’s worth, (which is, you know… nothing at all) I’ll tell you what I think. I think that Genesis had to be improved. I even understand the need for separate male and female bases being that men and women tend to be varied and or complex in different places…

but to be honest, I’m just saddened to realise that even trying to keep up is going to be an exercise in futility for me, because I do not have an income that will be able to be supportive of a new “unimesh” or “base” figure every year or two…

I’ve been around something like 5 years… and in that time I have seen 4 “base” meshes. Generation 3 was still the staple when I signed on and V4 was brand-spanking -shiny new… at the time she was “unimesh” and touted as the future of Daz Studio’s design plan….but by the time they got to Kid 4, it seems they were already bored with Gen 4 and hardly even released anything for it (K4)... when POW! (Surprise!) Genesis and Daz Studio 4…

...now already Genesis 2…

I guess I’ll keep my eyes open for Genesis 3 and a completely new and non-backwards compatible Daz Studio in 2015!!!

For those who can afford to keep up… good for you, but I can tell I’m not going to be able to.

1 of 37