2 of 2
free Genesis2 hair updates for Gia, Qamra and Yolande hairs
Posted: 26 June 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3390
Joined  2012-02-06
AprilYSH - 26 June 2013 02:13 AM

Scott - will be cherry picking your tute for any tips that might make this tedious process easier. Should have found it sooner! lol

My tutorial is less about conversions and more about just getting the hair to look OK on an incompatible figure…however the RAMWolff method may be more useful to you, especially for conversion from prop hair to Genesis-compatible figure. Some of the hairstyles he tried it on were yours. I link to it in my tut but here’s a direct link too. I hope you find some useful information in my tutorial, too, but I’d be surprised if you didn’t already know most (or all) of it!

Good to see some new versions of your older hair hitting the store. I know it’s extra work to support various figures from different generations…but we customers really appreciate it!

Edited to add: Congratulations on ten years at DAZ!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 26 June 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2012-02-04
Kerya - 26 June 2013 05:33 AM

Question:
  Supported Genesis Shapes:
      Gia
Where do I find Gia???

The impression I have from the various readmes/etc that mention Gia is that Gia might have been the internal code name for G2Fbase.  That’s purely speculation on my part, however.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 26 June 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1098
Joined  2012-10-10

Hello AprilYSH, thanks for the lovely discount. I am having really hard time now, because I have been longing for your French Braids for weeks and I’m seriously considering getting the new version (I don’t know if it’s intended, but the new version supports both Genesis and Gen2, yet it’s a bit cheaper than the previous one; that would be lovely though). Yet I have a serious question: I was browsing your shop and I saw Cuffed Tail 2 was bearing 88% discount (the price was $1,99). That made the deal and I decided to get wild and buy it alongside Xylia. But then the price mysteriously changed into $16,95 again! What’s going on I wonder?

By the way, I hope you don’t mind me posting a journal on DA to notify other DAZoholics of your celebration: http://arlesienne.deviantart.com/journal/Congratulations-for-10-years-on-board-for-AprilYSH-380551299 I’d a.lso appreciate some advice for the pal I mentioned in my previous post. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Moreover, 3D-Wishlist.com one of DAZ members made is showing Philly Hair for Genesis and $1,99 also. Something’s definitely fishy. Not that I have something against Platinum Club prices, I took advantage of Live Like Platinum myself (grabbed a few things I couldn’t before), but I don’t want to do something I’m not intended to.

Posted: 26 June 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Cecilia, I think I may know what’s going on with your pricing issues…according to your forum profile you are not currently listed as a Platinum Club member. If you believe you should be one, then you should submit a support ticket and ask Customer Support to fix it. Were you issued store credit recently? There’s a bug that sometimes causes the PC benefits to go away when store credit is issued. It’s annoying, but customer support should take care of it for you if that is the case.

If you aren’t a Platinum Club member, then I’m not sure why you temporarily saw the $1.99 price.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 26 June 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

No, I don’t have the membership. That’s why it’s so suspicious. I think I’m going to check the exchange rate for US dollar and make up my mind at once.

Posted: 26 June 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Just some kind of glitch then, I guess…

Based on previous experience, it might be that the price is actually set incorrectly, but it’s probably more likely that it’s just displaying incorrectly (and you wouldn’t have been able to buy it for $1.99 anyway).

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 26 June 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2012-02-07

Awesome, looking forward to this.  Hoping Caleb and Amarseda get updates.  Also, will any of your freebie hairs like Mitch be getting updated too?  Out of curiosity, for hairs that haven’t been updated/re-released yet, would it be possible to offer suggestions/critiques for the new version?

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 26 June 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10
Scott-Livingston - 26 June 2013 10:05 AM

Just some kind of glitch then, I guess…

Based on previous experience, it might be that the price is actually set incorrectly, but it’s probably more likely that it’s just displaying incorrectly (and you wouldn’t have been able to buy it for $1.99 anyway).

Yes, I think it was a glitch. But then there must be more glitches like this, as other stuff - take that Philly Hair - do the same nasty trick.

Posted: 06 July 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4467
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much April.  I just love your stuff! XO

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 31 July 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

AprilYSH, thank you so much again. I grabbed your Xylia and Harlow - they’re brilliant. Can we “request” (meaning suggest) your other hairstyles to be converted too please?

On another thing: I made my first textures. And they’re for Xylia… smile A total twenty of them, could you consider taking a look at them to point me what should be fixed first please? It’s also open to the others who have Xylia 2. Thanks in advance.

2 of 2