Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
free Genesis2 hair updates for Gia, Qamra and Yolande hairs
Posted: 24 June 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2003-10-09

Free updates to Genesis1 hairs Gia, Qamra and Yolande for Genesis2 should be in your product library or DIM accounts.
Also coming next month, free updates from genesis1 to genesis2 - Evan, Jordan and Nye.

I’m also working through my older Mil3&4 hairs version 2 upgrades for Genesis1&2.  Discount for version 1 buyers :’)  (Not necessary to buy if you are fine with manual or autofit of course lol ;’) )

Signature 

Brevity is the soul of wit.
[ My DAZ3d Store | AprilsVanity.com | AprilYSH.3d on facebook ]

Posted: 24 June 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2013-04-03

Hi April! I was wondering if you could possibly update your Xylia Double French Braids for G1 and/or G2? It’s the best looking French braids hair I’ve found and I would really like to use it for the “modern” models. Thanks!

http://www.daz3d.com/xylia-double-french-braids

Posted: 24 June 2013 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2321
Joined  2012-02-04

Thank you for the update to Gia! I downloaded it and tried it out. Works great.

Image Attachments
Genesis_2_Gia_hair.jpg

Posted: 25 June 2013 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2429
Joined  2007-12-07

Thank you for this, AprilYSH! smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 25 June 2013 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2005-07-18
AprilYSH - 24 June 2013 05:02 PM

I’m also working through my older Mil3&4 hairs version 2 upgrades for Genesis1&2.  Discount for version 1 buyers :’)  (Not necessary to buy if you are fine with manual or autofit of course lol ;’) )

Oooh! Would the Vayne braid by any chance be on that list? One can’t autofit it without losing the extra bones, and for some reason I’ve had trouble with it when it’s manually fit—it causes Studio to crash (no, I have no idea how this works either.) And it’s my favorite braid.

I own a bunch of your stuff and will probably upgrade whatever I have—it’s some of the best hair out there—but, you know, consider Vayne requested. *grin*

Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

Posted: 25 June 2013 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5974
Joined  2006-02-20

Thank you April!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 25 June 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

Very kind of you to make these new character fits available for G2F and for free to boot.  Thanks!

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 25 June 2013 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1365
Joined  2012-10-10

Wonderful news! What a pity my library doesn’t have Gia or Jordan or whatever raspberry. If you have a contact with PAs, could you possibly request updates for SallyMae, Duke, WildMane, Aldora nad Elleth please? Also, I believe it would be fine if the update was available elsewhere too since it is free. That would be a wonderful help for my forgetful pal (didn’t I tell her to memorize the password well? With a new e-mail, she has nowhere to go, poor thing) :D.

Signature 

A PA sale creeps upon a victim from behind, punches it in the rear and runs away with its wallet.

Posted: 25 June 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3605
Joined  2012-02-06

Free updates to Genesis1 hairs Gia, Qamra and Yolande for Genesis2 should be in your product library or DIM accounts.

Wow, that’s very kind of you! Gia is one of my favorites, and I expect I’ll pick up one or both of the others at some point…

Also coming next month, free updates from genesis1 to genesis2 - Evan, Jordan and Nye.

Intriguing…

I’d like to add my voice to those who have requested Genesis-compatible braids, either updates to existing products, or new products…

(Slightly off-topic, but for those who would like to try manually adjusting older hair for use with newer figures—or vice versa—there’s some information on that in my hair tutorial, linked in my signature)

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 26 June 2013 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2006-09-09

Yolande is my favourite hair EVER, so thank you April!!

Any chance of either an update OR a new release of a Gen2 for the Calais hair? (my SECOND favourite hair ever!) :D

Posted: 26 June 2013 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

arioch - I guess this should answer your question about Xylia :’)
http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/06-26april/06-26april.html

barbult, great to see you’re getting use out of it! :’)

Simon, Kerya, cwichura, Scott more than welcome! :’)

katfeete, Vayne is on my list but a bit further down because it may be more difficult…

Cecilia, Gen2 is big news to all PAs, I’m sure the modellers of those other hairs are aware and more than likely buried in refitting AND completely new and cool models for Gen1&2 ;’)

Scott - will be cherry picking your tute for any tips that might make this tedious process easier. Should have found it sooner! lol

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2013 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Jaki, Thanks!! Yep, Calais on the “version 2s” list! :’)) (bit more difficult with the neck ruff and the character included as well but will get there before v7 i hope lmao )

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2013 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2006-09-09
AprilYSH - 26 June 2013 02:15 AM

Jaki, Thanks!! Yep, Calais on the “version 2s” list! :’)) (bit more difficult with the neck ruff and the character included as well but will get there before v7 i hope lmao )

oh my, the neck ruff! that would be AWESOME to see on Gen 2. And Calais is just the freakiest most unusual hair and you know how much I love stuff like that. LOL. I’m not too worried if the character doesn’t get updated for Gen2, but the hair and the ruff…omg I’m getting excited.

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2013-04-03
AprilYSH - 26 June 2013 02:13 AM

arioch - I guess this should answer your question about Xylia :’)
http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/06-26april/06-26april.html

When I checked my email this morning and saw you were the feature at the top of the Daz email, the FIRST thing I looked for was a possible update to Xylia. Sure enough, there it was! You’re the best, April. Thank you!

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5974
Joined  2006-02-20

Thanks for the sale!!!!
Getting updates now for my older hairs!

Question:
  Supported Genesis Shapes:
      Gia
Where do I find Gia???
I have the hair, but it doesn’t say something about coming with a morph??? I read the product page, the Readme page, the file list ...
(I’ve got Gia hair since a long time, but I

2. question:
will there be a chance of a V4 version of Udane Hair???

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2005-07-18
AprilYSH - 26 June 2013 02:13 AM

katfeete, Vayne is on my list but a bit further down because it may be more difficult…

No worries, I am patient (well, sometimes *grin*) But now I can stop breaking my brain over what’s making it not work in the new DAZ and just wait for a fix. Thank you muchly!

Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

1 of 2