Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
IS THIS PRICE FOR REAL?!
Posted: 20 June 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2010-08-26

Thanks kitakoredazu, glad you like my products!

I felt the need to say sorry because I want satisfied, happy customers…and obviously something went wrong here with the free bonus item wink

I hope most people understand the price tag on the page is “fake”, it`s a weird way of showing the product.

Ledhead, I think the comparison with collectors editions doesn`t really work. Those are usually extra expansive and have a chance to get more valueable over time. The shoes however are a free item.

Btw, my personal intention for not adding them to the clothing set was mostly that those are boxing shoes and the clothing set is MMA, so I wanted them seperated.

Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

To be the still point in a turning world is a warrior`s greatest feat. -Destiny
I am in deep shtako here! -Cass
Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
Flipmode - 20 June 2012 05:25 AM

Thanks kitakoredazu, glad you like my products!

I felt the need to say sorry because I want satisfied, happy customers…and obviously something went wrong here with the free bonus item wink

I hope most people understand the price tag on the page is “fake”, it`s a weird way of showing the product.

Ledhead, I think the comparison with collectors editions doesn`t really work. Those are usually extra expansive and have a chance to get more valueable over time. The shoes however are a free item.

Btw, my personal intention for not adding them to the clothing set was mostly that those are boxing shoes and the clothing set is MMA, so I wanted them seperated.

I just put the shoes in my cart and it tells me I will owe 30+ dollars, that don’t seem free to me.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13610
Joined  2003-10-09

You need the shoes and the clothing in the cart at the same time, if I understand the instructions correctly.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

Well then, that means it’s not free if you have to purchase something else. Give me $30,000 for my worn out pair of blue jeans and give you a free car.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13610
Joined  2003-10-09

It didn’t claim to be free - it’s free with the clothes, as a limited time bonus.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 June 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
Ledhead - 19 June 2012 06:13 PM

I am just curious as to what is accomplished by having something available for a limited time only.

The point is to encourage people to buy, as simple as that. I’d guess that for a lot of items the majority of sales occur during the initial offer period. An extra bonus during that period, that won’t be available afterwards, will serve to encourage the waverers, who want it, but are hesitating on price (and are unlikely to buy once it’s off offer) to buy while they can because of the perception they are getting something for nothing. Marketing is all about manipulating people’s perceptions of value, and sale+limited time freebie is a powerful combination for convincing people they absolutely need to buy it NOW wink

Posted: 20 June 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

Dear Flipmode, Would you mind the “limited bonus shoes” will be sold as “separate products” after your sales period finish?
(though I will get your shoes on this sales with fight club clothing.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/flipmode-store-sale/fm-fight-club-clothing/
, Now I agonize which I buy,, G-suit, fighter set, or other awful sceane set .it is happy and agonizing)

I do not know the reasonable price (it is mostly of what items they want, and it is different by each,
but the price of daz shop is obviously incorrect and dishonest. )

I feel limited items make people sad who hope to buy the item after events.

As for me,  I often want to get items which was sold as sale price, 

I regret not to buy it on sales , But even if I will buy it as high price, it is much better than I can never get it.

Posted: 21 June 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2010-08-26
kitakoredazu - 20 June 2012 11:50 PM

...Would you mind the “limited bonus shoes” will be sold as “separate products” after your sales period finish?...

To be honest, yes. I just don`t see them as a sales item.
But of course I understand that the whole bonus item thing didn`t quite play out the way intended.
I thought customers of the clothing set would be happy about a little extra (and I guess they are), but didn`t expect anyone to be interested in the shoes alone.

For now, lets say I am aware of the issue and am thinking about it. But I can`t do anything about it on my own.

@DWG
You are basicly right, it`s just a pretty negative way to look at it, and doesn`t really reflect what happened in this case.
It`s really not an evil marketing campaign or something, I just found myself with an item I didn`t want to charge money for it. So it is indeed a bonus, and not something that was part of the price calculation.

Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

To be the still point in a turning world is a warrior`s greatest feat. -Destiny
I am in deep shtako here! -Cass
Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 22 June 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2004-01-27

Hmm, well the shoes are featured in the current newsletter as a separate item with a SAVE 30% UNTIL 6/24 flag.

This kind of fake pricing is very illegal here in Australia.

Posted: 22 June 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
Ledhead - 19 June 2012 06:13 PM
Richard Haseltine - 19 June 2012 04:11 PM

Note that these are not DAZ items, they are still owned by Flipmode. Presumably it was done this way as the shoes are a limited time bonus, so they couldn’t be made part of the main product (otherwise they’d either be missing when people who bought them reset their orders, or people who bought later would get them through a reset).

I am just curious as to what is accomplished by having something available for a limited time only. How can you consider it as being something like a collectors item when you can’t resell it because it was a limited edition. I collect limited edition WWII Aircraft, but I can resell them for a profit someday, 3D content can not be resold, so I do not understand.

Edited to add: The aircraft are 1:72 scale die-cast.

Marketing, baby! wink

How many times did you see something you like then wishlist it? If it was available for a limited time only, or on sale and you didn’t know until when, would you stick it straight in your cart or would you hesitate? Would add some more items to your cart, then go to checkout and decide which ones to drop? Would you mull it over again - do you like the limited time item enough to buy it right now? Would you move some of the non-sale/non-limited stuff into your wishlist to buy later and then checkout, happy you grabbed this item while its still on sale/available. Imagine you might need it in 6 months or 12 months and its not available anymore!

How much of your past purchased content have you never looked at or used after installing it? grin

Pure buying psychology.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

2 of 2