A few of the threads I followed the most in the old forum, before I got a bit busy with the Knights of Columbus, were the multifigure threads. In one of them, I even posted my own. The goal of these threads were to create images with 100+ figures
When the new forums were announced, I decided that I’d start my own thread for multifigure images with how I got involved in creating them.
There are three images that I worked on are composite images of multiple renderings, which is pretty much the only way to get that high. No computer outside of the DoD has enough power to do exactly what we want.
The three images that I’m going to serialize (as there is a much lower limit to images on posts than in the old forums when I typed this) are:
The Indian Prototype “Dirty Little Tomboy”: 15 figures, as a test of my plan, with a 4:3 aspect ratio created for a platinum club weekly contest.
The Indian Encampment: 62 figures, stopped because my scene file got messed up, and it was good enough.
The Western Town: 50+ figures and growing
I’m starting with the image of the Indian Prototype, the background, to which I added the foreground figures for placement…
Comments and like images are of course welcome.