Digital Art Zone

4 of 8
Daily Freebie Incentive to purchase V6… Yes I have a question
Posted: 24 June 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09

You know this problem all could have been solved and without changing the freebies, if Daz allowed people to know in advance all the items being released daily. The fact they are hidden implies they are new and unknown and therefore hidden so as to not spoil the surprise when it’s released. Hiding the freebies when they are previously known items however is deceptive and suggests they are hidden because Daz realizes they’d be less of an incentive if known.

Another scenario Daz creates with how they handled it is a potential slap in the face. Say I was totally new to the scene and I was looking to do scenes depicting equestrian riding. So I buy V6 Pro Bundle and Horse 2 Pro Bundle. It would then be a slap in the face over the following days if my free item from the Victoria 6 bundle were items from the Horse 2 bundle. Which as it turns out at least one of the free items was from the Horse 2 bundle.

Posted: 24 June 2013 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-03

This is my first visit to the forum, and I checked here just for that reason, to see if everyone else was as disappointed with the freebies as myself.

As someone has already said here, I expected them to have some connection with v6, like clothes, or hair, or, well, the lights weren’t bad, I’m a new daz user and was looking to buy them….

...but a COFFEE TABLE???

Is it always this bad when they do one of these deals or is this just an awful example?

I would have probably bought the bundle anyways, but as it is, I come out feeling cheated because of this freebie offer…

Posted: 24 June 2013 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2011-03-02
lisa.cree - 24 June 2013 03:27 PM

This is my first visit to the forum, and I checked here just for that reason, to see if everyone else was as disappointed with the freebies as myself.

As someone has already said here, I expected them to have some connection with v6, like clothes, or hair, or, well, the lights weren’t bad, I’m a new daz user and was looking to buy them….

...but a COFFEE TABLE???

Is it always this bad when they do one of these deals or is this just an awful example?

I would have probably bought the bundle anyways, but as it is, I come out feeling cheated because of this freebie offer…

It’s not always like this, I have had some great bundles and offers.

I get the feeling this one wasn’t planned that well or was rushed a bit to get the sales in.

Maybe they will get better, let’s hope they are saving the best for last.

Posted: 24 June 2013 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Joined  2012-10-03

I hope so, that would be nice. Still, as I said, I’m quite happy with the lights, but I imagine that a lot of more experienced users had those already.

Posted: 25 June 2013 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12
lisa.cree - 24 June 2013 03:27 PM

...but a COFFEE TABLE???

It’s not always this bad, but it has been like this for a while now.

Posted: 26 June 2013 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2003-10-09

Today’s freebie is again a former DAZ weekly freebie…:

http://www.daz3d.com/superhero-training-gear/

Definitely disappointing…

Signature 

“When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”

Confucius

Posted: 26 June 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1128
Joined  2010-09-19

aye aye, still a full house for me (already got them all so far)

Do I get a fanboi badge if it turns out I already have all the freebies?  LOL

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 26 June 2013 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2629
Joined  2007-12-07
Jabba101 - 26 June 2013 01:21 AM

Damn, you beat me, I’ve had all but one wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 26 June 2013 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Joined  2012-10-03

Did you have the very useful superhero training bundle too? I didn’t even know superheros needed to go to the gym.

I was even hesitating about downloading it, even if it’s free, is it worth using up the space on my drive? -_-

Four more to go…

Posted: 26 June 2013 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  730
Joined  2003-10-09

I have to say that this really has been a lack luster, unimpressive release…

1. Genesis 2 / Vic 6 comes out with very little fanfare or prior warning. No real build up except for a few preview screen shots.

2. It is released and touted for it’s “versatility” yet the morphs are not part of the “Pro” bundle.

3. The V4 conversion is less than impressive in execution, involves having to manually convert textures and isn’t even a DAZ original.

4. The “freebies” incentive is just a load of old products that seem to have been randomly scraped up from old freebies.

5. We are now a week since release and there hasn’t been a single new product for Genesis 2. We got a couple of dresses, which looked very similar to each other, but no morphs, no characters, no textures, just nothing.

Call me a cynic but it feels like this product has already been abandoned. Or this was rushed out half baked when the original plan was a release a month or two from now.

Then there’s the model itself. I’ve played with it a couple of times since last week and, aside from some new facial poses, I have seen nothing impressive. Instead it seems to take longer to render, pose, etc. My computer that worked just fine with Genesis is crippled by Genesis 2.

The results I have gotten just don’t warrant the investment in money, processing power or time.

At this point the original plan of returning the whole kit and caboodle seems even more likely. After all, in a month or two I can probably just pick up the whole package again as a Fast Grab for a quarter the current cost.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1128
Joined  2010-09-19
lisa.cree - 26 June 2013 04:15 AM

Did you have the very useful superhero training bundle too? I didn’t even know superheros needed to go to the gym.

I was even hesitating about downloading it, even if it’s free, is it worth using up the space on my drive? -_-

Four more to go…

Yes, already had… but no, never used it, hehehe

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 26 June 2013 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2011-03-02

I did not have the subway, so for me that’s been the most useful yet…..

Image Attachments
comic_strip_wip.jpg

Posted: 26 June 2013 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3151
Joined  2004-04-25
Legionair - 26 June 2013 04:35 AM

I have to say that this really has been a lack luster, unimpressive release…

1. Genesis 2 / Vic 6 comes out with very little fanfare or prior warning. No real build up except for a few preview screen shots.

2. It is released and touted for it’s “versatility” yet the morphs are not part of the “Pro” bundle.

3. The V4 conversion is less than impressive in execution, involves having to manually convert textures and isn’t even a DAZ original.

4. The “freebies” incentive is just a load of old products that seem to have been randomly scraped up from old freebies.

5. We are now a week since release and there hasn’t been a single new product for Genesis 2. We got a couple of dresses, which looked very similar to each other, but no morphs, no characters, no textures, just nothing.

Call me a cynic but it feels like this product has already been abandoned. Or this was rushed out half baked when the original plan was a release a month or two from now.

Then there’s the model itself. I’ve played with it a couple of times since last week and, aside from some new facial poses, I have seen nothing impressive. Instead it seems to take longer to render, pose, etc. My computer that worked just fine with Genesis is crippled by Genesis 2.

The results I have gotten just don’t warrant the investment in money, processing power or time.

At this point the original plan of returning the whole kit and caboodle seems even more likely. After all, in a month or two I can probably just pick up the whole package again as a Fast Grab for a quarter the current cost.

Ok, I’ll call you a cynic…just kidding.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 26 June 2013 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  730
Joined  2003-10-09
icprncss - 26 June 2013 06:42 AM
Legionair - 26 June 2013 04:35 AM

Ok, I’ll call you a cynic…just kidding.

You wouldn’t be the first. And I won’t argue otherwise.

But you have to agree with me on two points…

The lack of supporting releases is distressing.

And the V6 Pro bundle will be a Fast Grab no later than the end of August. (Just after the 30 day return period for early adopters.)

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 26 June 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12
Legionair - 26 June 2013 07:56 AM

The lack of supporting releases is distressing.

I didn’t have much faith in this figures survival to begin with, but now it just looks like DAZ themselves gave up on it after, like, two days O_o

4 of 8