Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
Daily Freebie Incentive to purchase V6… Yes I have a question
Posted: 22 June 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

I need to shout and cry If I can not refund these Freebie bonus which I have alrady bought in march madness sales.
@@; boooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Dimension light 1 and 2, I have already bought, about this case, what meaning of this bonus sale?

I really hope daz may offer some other items or coupon for user who have already bought
these free items with V6 pro bundle.

it is not good , User can not check these free items are already bought or not!!!
Why daz often plan such sale? 
I may happy send me coupon tickets which can use in daz shop only.

Of course I have already sent support ticket, but about the first day,
I gave up . because I did not know, the item which shown as purchased,
I could throw it in my cart.

I am afraid every day I need to refund items which I have bought alreaqdy !! @@;

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2011-08-20

It may be a problem for anyone who buy stuff for a long time ending up with no freebies because they have already bought it.
I think, for me, it is a 50% chance. The light sets a great for me since I have it on my wishlist a long time but I already own the freebie from the Horse Bundle.
But I didn’t buy V6 because of the freebies. It can be a good bonus if you do not have the freebies but it a game of chance. And at last we should be happy that DAZ offers some freebies for the purchase because they don’t have to do this.
And I think that everyone who bought the bundle will get a coupon next time - like it happens before with other bundles.

Signature 

My DAZ 3D Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1403/

you can also take a look at my Facebook Gallery
https://www.facebook.com/people/Roland-Schiller/100008020545162

Posted: 22 June 2013 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  468
Joined  2003-10-09

it’s working now.  must have been a little glitch.
thanks everyone.

Posted: 22 June 2013 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  966
Joined  2003-10-09

For regular long time active buying customers, it’s a crap shoot if the V6 bonus is something you may not already have.  I had the light sets on my wishlist so I’m batting two out of three so far.  I still am hitting myself on the head for not realizing the initial 58% off was due to the Thursday’s PC discount that was increased from 30% to 40% that wasn’t turn off at midnight.

Posted: 22 June 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21
Lindsey - 22 June 2013 05:04 AM

For regular long time active buying customers, it’s a crap shoot if the V6 bonus is something you may not already have.  I had the light sets on my wishlist so I’m batting two out of three so far.  I still am hitting myself on the head for not realizing the initial 58% off was due to the Thursday’s PC discount that was increased from 30% to 40% that wasn’t turn off at midnight.

......+1!

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 22 June 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3153
Joined  2004-04-25
kitakoredaz - 22 June 2013 01:04 AM

I need to shout and cry If I can not refund these Freebie bonus which I have alrady bought in march madness sales.
@@; boooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Dimension light 1 and 2, I have already bought, about this case, what meaning of this bonus sale?

I really hope daz may offer some other items or coupon for user who have already bought
these free items with V6 pro bundle.

it is not good , User can not check these free items are already bought or not!!!
Why daz often plan such sale? 
I may happy send me coupon tickets which can use in daz shop only.

Of course I have already sent support ticket, but about the first day,
I gave up . because I did not know, the item which shown as purchased,
I could throw it in my cart.

I am afraid every day I need to refund items which I have bought alreaqdy !! @@;

The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed.  The offer is simply if you purchase the V6 Pro Bundle before the end of the month DAZ will give you a free product everyday from the day you purchased to the end of the month. 

Unless DAZ makes a clear statement that all items offered are new, it’s a good bet it isn’t.  Past sales have already shown that even when a banner states something “includes new releases”, it doesn’t really.

In the end it up to the buyer.  You chose to buy the bundle.  No one forced you to.  If you are unhappy, submit a support ticket and ask for a refund on the Pro Bundle.  If you still want the Pro Bundle, keep it and hope that maybe one or two of the freebies are something you don’t have.

I’ve learned several things from many years as a DAZ (and before that a Zygote customer).  Biggest one: everything in the store goes on sale at some point.  If you don’t need it, wait.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 22 June 2013 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2012-02-21

The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed…

Similar answers (from different persons) in similar threads, but I think they miss the point. Nobody said that they broken promisses, it’s just that people are disappointed about the items.

Personally I didn’t expected to much in the dayly freebies, cause I had also the problem in most of the recent promotions (e.g. Megabundles) that all the offered items ar already in my collection. The feeling increases that there’s nothing for people who already spend a lot of money (what is only true for some of the promotions).

If the freebies are a reason to buy the V6ProBundle I would recommend to wait until the first interesting one occurs and buy the bundle than.

Posted: 22 June 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2629
Joined  2007-12-07
ruekaka - 22 June 2013 08:50 AM

The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed…

Similar answers (from different persons) in similar threads, but I think they miss the point. Nobody said that they broken promisses, it’s just that people are disappointed about the items.

Personally I didn’t expected to much in the dayly freebies, cause I had also the problem in most of the recent promotions (e.g. Megabundles) that all the offered items ar already in my collection. The feeling increases that there’s nothing for people who already spend a lot of money (what is only true for some of the promotions).

If the freebies are a reason to buy the V6ProBundle I would recommend to wait until the first interesting one occurs and buy the bundle than.

Pretty much this - I was hoping they (the daily freebie) would be somewhat specific or related to G2F but nor real expectation.  Based on what I perceive to be lack of content in the V6 Pro bundle (regardless of reasons or fact) my hopes were raised that somehow DAZ would redress that via these freebies.  Thus far I have not had 1 of the (3 days) items and I am not now really expecting that to go much higher.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 22 June 2013 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2012-06-11

I agree that things available with the Horse 2 bundle weren’t a good choice. The lighting sets are a GREAT choice; Help us with renders of our brand new G2.

What sort of annoys me now is that they have a sale going on with props and environments, and I worry if I take advantage of it I’m going to log in the next day to find whatever I bought (assuming it’s a DAZ original) is the new freebie of the day.

EDIT: Of course, with a PC membership and the odds of that happening being relatively low, if I really want something that’s not too pricey, I should just get it. I’ll still flip sooooo many tables over if it turns out to be a freebie later in June.

Posted: 22 June 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9727
Joined  2007-11-06
dan.shive - 22 June 2013 09:27 AM

What sort of annoys me now is that they have a sale going on with props and environments, and I worry if I take advantage of it I’m going to log in the next day to find whatever I bought (assuming it’s a DAZ original) is the new freebie of the day.

EDIT: Of course, with a PC membership and the odds of that happening being relatively low, if I really want something that’s not too pricey, I should just get it. I’ll still flip sooooo many tables over if it turns out to be a freebie later in June.

If they turn up as freebies, you can just return them.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 22 June 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2012-06-11
fixmypcmike - 22 June 2013 11:09 AM

Is that a relatively quick and painless process? I’ve never done that before, but if it can done quickly and in time to get the item again as a freebie, then yeah, that’s great.

Posted: 22 June 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9727
Joined  2007-11-06
dan.shive - 22 June 2013 11:11 AM
fixmypcmike - 22 June 2013 11:09 AM

Is that a relatively quick and painless process? I’ve never done that before, but if it can done quickly and in time to get the item again as a freebie, then yeah, that’s great.

Just buy it again as a freebie, then submit a support ticket saying you bought it as a freebie and want to return the paid one.  If you ask for it in Store Credit it’s usually very quick.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

I realy love to say complain even though it has no effect by law ^^b

on the other hand,,  I really hate such gambling way about selling product.
daz way often cause me to think about real price of the product.

And usually I do not send refund ticket even though I find problem.
send bug report,  I choose to wait daz remove probelm. 

As for me,, I expect daz employ more man to check their product and isntaller, zip,
and team who can remove bug and clear announce in their web page.

I often see, even though there is clear problem , and it was confirmed,
daz keep to sell items as if there is no problem on shopping page.

I like other user tell me “You can refund!! ”  and scold me stop many complain.

but if DAZ say samething to me, to stop my complains,  I simply quit to buy daz product.

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m just going to wait and catch V6 when she is 75% off like all of the other figures I bought at first release only to see them for much less later.

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3153
Joined  2004-04-25

Not all products sold here at DAZ are owned by DAZ.  Even DAZ Originals are made by PA’s.  DAZ Originals are products DAZ has purchased outright and own. 

As a long time beta tester for Poser products, I have seen products work perfectly in the version they were created go wonky in lower and in higher versions.  I’ve even tested products that worked well in the standard version of Poser but went all weird in the Pro version.  Not every issue is going to be caught. 

An item when it is released for one version of software and figure may work just fine.  That doesn’t mean that changes to the software’s sdk won’t break something in the future.  It has happened before and probably will again.  There is no way to guarantee it won’t and not being a large company with a large pool of workers or an unlimited budget, they have to make decisions.  Whatever decision they make, someone will not be happy.  If they do nothing, there will be complaints.  If they assign someone to try and figure out the problem and provide a fix, it will cost them time and money they may not recoup.  If they say the heck with it, we’ve made the bulk of the money we feel we’ve made from it and pull it from the store, others will be unhappy. 

If DAZ performed all the exhaustive testing some users expect, they would never get products on the market and when they did, the cost would be prohibitive.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

2 of 8