Digital Art Zone

1 of 8
Daily Freebie Incentive to purchase V6… Yes I have a question
Posted: 21 June 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2011-08-21

I understand that technically DAZ does not even have to offer these free items to use for purchasing her, but there usually is some sort of promotion like this historically.  With that said, here is my question and instead of having my topic removed as seems to be the usual habit around here, it would be nice to have a response and preferrably from someone up there at DAZ cause believe it or not, this is meant to be feedback from a member of your customer base on your sales event and submitting tickets in regards to these things seems to be a waste of time.

Why would items from a previous Pro Bundle be offered up as the daily freebie for buying another item. Maybe not all of us buy them but there are some of us that do buy the Pro Bundles when these items are released. So, my incentive to buy the new V6 for today are two items that were purchased in the Pro Bundle you got me to buy for the DAZ Horse II - Your advertisement says “She practically pays for herself” (because of the freebies) Well, if you are giving me and most everyone else that gets in on the bundle deals when they first come out in the store, products we already bought, um, no she isnt practically paying for herself because we arent getting anything we dont already have LOL. One of (not the only but yes, it was a factor) the reasons I went ahead and bought V6 now was because of this incentive.

Again, I am sorry for complaining but it would be nice to get something we don’t already have. Heck, I would be happy with a cheapy 1.99 dealy that hasnt been released at this rate - but that is just me. I really am alot easier to please than it sounds. I just expect advertising to be what it says and if the rest of the month plays out this way, she wont be practically paying for herself. Being a marketing wiz is all fine and dandy but seriously people, think about what you are really saying before you just spout it off and actually advertise it.

~ Bree ~

Signature 

~ Lady Bree ~
cool hmm
——————————
I stink at this forum stuff. Ima absent-minded artist
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 21 June 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09

I agree…

For me it is not a a real complaint but just what is happening. I also have today’s free sets because I purchased them with the Horse 2 bundle and I hope that the next ones will be things that I do not already have…

Signature 

“When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”

Confucius

Posted: 21 June 2013 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2003-10-09

I opened a ticket on the exact same subject with the exact same questions and circumstances.

First pass, the ticket was closed with a “too bad, so sad” sort of answer.

I reopened the ticket and said the answer was not acceptable. The ticket has now sat for 24 hours untouched.

If this does end up being the answer, that I intend to return all of the V6 G2 purchases.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 21 June 2013 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2747
Joined  2004-04-25

I doubt you will get a response from DAZ regarding this.  They offered an incentive to buyers.  You buy this item and we will give you items free.  The earlier you buy the more free items you get.  What they do not guarantee is that the items are new or items you do not already own. 

Since all the items will be DO’s and DAZ has been having mega DO sales since last December, anyone who has been here any length of time probably has some or most of the items that will be offered.

A lot of grief would have been saved if instead of ten or so days of freebies, DAZ gave away the head and body morphs if you purchased the Pro bundle.  They probably would have more sales of the Pro Bundle and there would be fewer people complaining as they realize after they buy the Pro bundle, they still need to turn around and buy the morphs.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 21 June 2013 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31
icprncss - 21 June 2013 12:23 PM

I doubt you will get a response from DAZ regarding this.  They offered an incentive to buyers.  You buy this item and we will give you items free.  The earlier you buy the more free items you get.  What they do not guarantee is that the items are new or items you do not already own. 

Since all the items will be DO’s and DAZ has been having mega DO sales since last December, anyone who has been here any length of time probably has some or most of the items that will be offered.

A lot of grief would have been saved if instead of ten or so days of freebies, DAZ gave away the head and body morphs if you purchased the Pro bundle.  They probably would have more sales of the Pro Bundle and there would be fewer people complaining as they realize after they buy the Pro bundle, they still need to turn around and buy the morphs.

I agree, morph bundle to Pro buyers would be a good solution.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 21 June 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7120
Joined  2012-09-10

Second and third that- morph bundles (which should have been included to begin with, as stated thousands of times already probably!) should be the freebies. We want that amount taken off our bundle price!

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 21 June 2013 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

Did the V5 or M5 pro bundles come with morph sets?  V5’s pro bundle, like V6’s had characters that required the Evolution morphs to work.  If you hadn’t purchased them, you either had to buy them or pass.

The Pro Suites (the highest price bundles) came with the morphs.

Other than putting everything in the store in one shot, DAZ isn’t doing anything different from the Genesis 1 release.  If DAZ had followed the same formula as the Genesis 1 figure would there be as much complaining?  DAZ gave away DS4.  Genesis came with it.  Base is free.  Then they released the Evolution head, body and expression morphs.  Months later, they released V5.  The starter and the pro bundles had no morphs.  There were some complaints but not that many.  Difference here is you’re seeing it all in one shot.

Signature 

Posted: 21 June 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2408
Joined  2003-12-06
icprncss - 21 June 2013 01:21 PM

V5’s pro bundle, like V6’s had characters that required the Evolution morphs to work.  If you hadn’t purchased them, you either had to buy them or pass.

The big difference back then was that when D|S4 with Genesis was released there was a several months wait before V5 came out, but only a very short wait, no more than a couple of weeks I think, for the Evolution sets. Many of the characters released in the meantime required Evolution, so by the time V5 came around, a lot of people had already bought them months before anyway. Here, we’re getting everything springing up in the store all at once so there’s no feeling of “needs item x, but I got it ages ago, so it’s no problem”.

And the Pro bundle extras are no incentive to me, either: for the last several months, every time I used a DAZ coupon I dug through the Originals in my wishlist until now there are none left. Of all the incentive items so far, either I already have them or I don’t need them. No incentive at all, entirely due to the way DAZ is running its coupons.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 21 June 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2004-06-23

I must admit that I had assumed that the daily freebies would be new items for V6.
I had not realised they would be items that were already in the store. I already have the items for Day 1 and Day 2 :( :(

Posted: 21 June 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

I know DAZ waited months between Genesis and the Evolution morphs before releasing V5.  I stated it all above.  I didn’t say I agreed with it. 

One, DAZ should have given some indication this was coming.  Over and above the accidental short term release of the texture last Friday morning and the single thread in Members Only.

Why there was no official announcement is beyond me.  All I was saying is that the set up is nothing new.  The execution of the release could have been done better.

They could have just as easily and with a lot less grief, released the G2F, the morphs and the V4 to V6 products.  Given users a chance to get their feet wet and get used to the change.

Even if they had held off releasing V6 for a month, it would have been a lot less “traumatizing” than to just take the whole truckload, dump it into the store the third week of the month when most PC members have already used their coupon and only give you a half page or so blurb on sale page.

I looked at the Pro bundle and wasn’t all that impressed.  It all looked like a rehash of G1 and V5.  When I read the freebie blurb and it didn’t state that the products given away would be new products and then I saw the light sets, I knew the giveaway would end up being a mishmash of DO’s that have already been on sale numerous time already and if I wanted them, I’d probably already bought them.

The PC coupon is becoming less and less.  I can’t even remember how many I’ve let lapse because I didn’t find anything that was cheap enough so it didn’t cost me anything or something I wanted to spend money on. 

The new release of basic wear for the new figure is a PA product?

Signature 

Posted: 21 June 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1778
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Bea - 21 June 2013 04:59 PM

I must admit that I had assumed that the daily freebies would be new items for V6.
I had not realised they would be items that were already in the store. I already have the items for Day 1 and Day 2 :( :(

I took that into account when I bought it.  I own so much ‘modern’ DAZ-O content, i.e. post-Genesis, that there’s probably a >75% chance that any DAZ Original they put in will be something I already have.

The fact that the first day’s item was an old one clued me in, and I shrugged and pulled the trigger anyway.  I like the character, and it’ll be another great arrow in my quiver.  It also doesn’t suck that I got 16% off Gift Certificates and used that to buy her, plus I recognized that 58% was the wrong discount and immediately bought at that price.

Many folks will be comfortable waiting until 65% off sales, or such, and will get it at a better price, and that’s cool too.

If anything in the ‘freebie 10 days’ is something I don’t have, that’ll be pure gravy for me.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2008-06-01

So basically I got to keep tabs on the freebie each and add them to my cart and so forth… I missed one so far. Oh well…

Posted: 22 June 2013 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11203
Joined  2007-11-06
icprncss - 21 June 2013 05:31 PM

I know DAZ waited months between Genesis and the Evolution morphs before releasing V5.  I stated it all above.  I didn’t say I agreed with it. 

One, DAZ should have given some indication this was coming.  Over and above the accidental short term release of the texture last Friday morning and the single thread in Members Only.

Why there was no official announcement is beyond me.  All I was saying is that the set up is nothing new.  The execution of the release could have been done better.

They could have just as easily and with a lot less grief, released the G2F, the morphs and the V4 to V6 products.  Given users a chance to get their feet wet and get used to the change.

Even if they had held off releasing V6 for a month, it would have been a lot less “traumatizing” than to just take the whole truckload, dump it into the store the third week of the month when most PC members have already used their coupon and only give you a half page or so blurb on sale page.

I looked at the Pro bundle and wasn’t all that impressed.  It all looked like a rehash of G1 and V5.  When I read the freebie blurb and it didn’t state that the products given away would be new products and then I saw the light sets, I knew the giveaway would end up being a mishmash of DO’s that have already been on sale numerous time already and if I wanted them, I’d probably already bought them.

The PC coupon is becoming less and less.  I can’t even remember how many I’ve let lapse because I didn’t find anything that was cheap enough so it didn’t cost me anything or something I wanted to spend money on. 

The new release of basic wear for the new figure is a PA product?

...the fact the no major announcement of the forthcoming release (save for the “tease” for the PC forum a couple days ago) was issued here, was a bad move on Daz’s part.

Yeah it looks like a number of products that originally were Daz Originals are going to be PA items thus making it even less enticing to “upgrade” because PC discounts and coupons will no longer apply and sale offers will be fewer and further between.  Also, don’t expect to have as full a line of content such as all the legacy body shapes (which are required for the UV maps and Autofit to work properly).

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 22 June 2013 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2003-10-09

dimension lights 2 isn’t showing up as free in my cart.  The other freebie things were free.  this tries to charge me 11 dollars something.

Posted: 22 June 2013 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2011-03-02

I too was under the impression that the freebie would be Victoria 6 content, why wouldn’t it be, why isn’t it ???

Seriously!

Even if its just different textures, shoes or even just different eyes or nails, anything would be better then stuff I already own.

I bought over the last few months quiet a few different pro bundles, so I have a lot of content already.

So why isn’t an alternative available?? 

if every content that’s given this month is old or useless, this will be the last bundle I will buy, I will honour my years subscription then cancel it when its finished.

The sales on the shop is crazy anyway, you buy something then weeks later its on fast grab or reduced to a third of what I paid.  This is not providing value for money or encouraging others to buy new content.

Posted: 22 June 2013 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2004-06-23

Are you logged in? Do you already own it smile

1 of 8