Digital Art Zone

Inability to Login resulted in Lost sale!
Posted: 19 June 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2003-10-09

So, I saw something this morning in the FastGrab that I wanted. I tried to put it in my cart but the site refused to allow me to login ... every time that I entered the User ID and Password I was taken straight back to login page. (And, yes, it was the right UID/PWD and, yes, I did test it on two browsers on two different machines).

When I finally did get to log in, just now, the item was no longer on FastGrab.

OK, it’s a trivial lost sale for DAZ, and I can live without the product, but this is symptomatic of a general ineptitude regarding the work that has been conducted on the web site. I saw somebody the other day saying “Give DAZ a chance to sort it out”.  I say they’ve had more than more than enough time and still these problems persist. I am fed up with this *&^&^%.  I’m sure that I’m not the only one.

At the end of the day the man who is personally responsible (and accountable) for this fiasco is DAZ’s Chief Technology Officer. Surely, the time has now come for him to fall on his sword. Or, if not, he should suffer a very significant reduction in his compensation in consideration of the amount of business that DAZ has lost as a result.

As for myself, I see little point even looking around the store here anymore. FastGrab or SlowGrab - it makes no difference if the web site prevents you from purchasing.

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15594
Joined  2003-10-09

If you have a problem logging in to the store you can usually clear iot by logging out on the page where you are logged in, ie the forum, closing browser, clear cache, the login again.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 19 June 2012 07:22 AM

If you have a problem logging in to the store you can usually clear iot by logging out on the page where you are logged in, ie the forum, closing browser, clear cache, the login again.

Thanks, but I tried that and it didn’t work - but, anyway, that is really an excuse for an improper web site implementation and the user should not have to know about “tricks” to be able to login!

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15594
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s not tricks, it’s clearing the cache.  You could also try a forced refresh.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 19 June 2012 07:48 AM

It’s not tricks, it’s clearing the cache.  You could also try a forced refresh.

As I said, I tried all of these tricks and they didn’t work.

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2006-10-13
acanthis - 19 June 2012 07:56 AM

As I said, I tried all of these tricks and they didn’t work.

Yeah, there do seem to be issues with the cache control headers DAZ is pushing out, and the site also seems to forget my login (or log me out automatically) in next to no time, too. It sure helps me curb my DAZ spending, though. wink

Signature 

—20” Intel iMac, OS X 10.6.8 - Poser Pro 9.0.2.21492 (+ PP2010, P8 & P7) - Gimp 2.6 - (rarely D|S 2 - Carrara 6 - Hexagon 2.5)

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2010-11-27

this issue seems to be known , I know actually only one page where I have to Place my Password each time I open the Page and that would be my Bankaccount ....
Daz is the second one smile
the idea to clear the cache .. or even the Internet traces result that you have to re-login on each other Page you are member of
so Login again at Renderosity RDNA Content Paradise your ..... Google Accounts to witch is a real pain to to have to re-login each time because
Daz requires to clear the cache ... worse would be for owners of own sites they also have to re-login , just because of a cookie failure on the Daz Site !!!
And .... BTW <<——By the way——>>for an-alphabets , not even a bank-account requires to clear the cache to be able to re-login

hope that the next solution will not be to clear the Password’s in your browser or may be use some Russian Beta browser
well may be the ” tor Browser ” could fix the issue most people are having on this site.

considering after reading all the complaints in this Place , seeing how good vendors run off to other stores
this whole issue could result that even if Daz gets to be a Freebie site People could and would not even frequent this Place anymore.

even the search robots seem to be pretty messed up on this place , Search does not work !! resulting also a google search disaster as the info is given to there search engine , to fix such an issue it sure would be a real pain if even possible without having to remove a whole Publisher on the site to rebuild it from scratch