3 of 28
G2/V6 Renders
Posted: 21 June 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2007-04-05
greyson5 - 21 June 2013 11:31 AM

Here’s something I just rendered, what do you think

I think you did a really nice job with the lighting but I am not sure how long that image will last due to the black bars wink

Signature 

http://laticis.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 21 June 2013 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

V6 wearing Kickass Angel for V4 fitted entirely with autofit via V4toG2F

Image Attachments
v6kickass.jpg

Posted: 21 June 2013 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2004-01-07
zwyt - 21 June 2013 01:39 AM
barbult - 20 June 2013 11:08 PM
Knight22179 - 20 June 2013 09:56 PM

Nice! That did turn out really well. smile

What hair is that?

The hair in my image with the M4 shirt is Pyrit Hair with the bangs hidden. Sadly, the morphs in it are all buggy and move parts of the hair that shouldn’t be moving. DAZ has pulled it from the store and have said they will not fix it (per Mantis bug report comments).

Wow I am glad I got it before it was pulled, I never have issues using the hair but I have never tried anything beyond basics with it either. I think pulling it from the store might be a little extreme, just admit that it has a bug and sell it for a reduced price or even free. I think it is a nice looking hair style straight out of the box which is why I bought it in t he first place. Is it still in our downloads if we bought it before or is it gone from there too. Hehe I just haven’t checked myself.

The files for the hair are still there in your library which is good..

Posted: 21 June 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6947
Joined  2012-09-10

I’m totally ticked that the Pyrit Hair was pulled and no announcement was made. That’s the hair I promoted to folks on my Art Studio thread. Hmmph. Well, fine. I’m going to do it’s own separate post so other people who aren’t into V6 (and won’t be reading this thread) will know it’s been pulled.

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 21 June 2013 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1676
Joined  2013-04-23

A couple of more renders with Genesis 2 (using Norma (The Keeper of Snakes) and Nyssa (Vacation Argument)

Norma is using clothes that came with te pro bundle, while Nyssa is using http://www.daz3d.com/atardecer (fo V4), the shoes are Pumps 2 for V6

Vacation Argument

The Keeper of Snakes

Image Attachments
vacationargument.jpgthekeeperofsnakes.jpg
 Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 21 June 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2008-10-17

Nothing dramatic here. This is G2, with Bree skin and SSS 50 shader, using IG Photo Studio lights. I spun the dials a little to create “Wendy”. I added the expression with G2 Sweet Emotion, and used the head and body morph packages.

She is wearing My Vest 2 for V4, and Jeanz V4. (Please note they are NOT for Genesis1

I must say I am impressed with the realistic shapes shown during posing, which adjust better than G1 does. The curve of the back of the thigh is more realistic, as well as the neck, elbow, knee and ankles.

I am doing various poses to see how the G2 shape adapts to gravity and bends, and I like what I see.

Image Attachments
WENDY_KNEELING_CLOTHES_SIDE.jpg
 Signature 

“Live well, Love Much, Laugh Often”

Posted: 21 June 2013 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-03-10

Bree…..wonderful character! Works well in OctaneRender

Image Attachments
Bree.jpg

Posted: 21 June 2013 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04
PDSmith - 21 June 2013 07:04 AM

Time to SCIFI up this thread.

I’ll update with hair, and settings later.  heading out the door to work.

PDSmith - just wondering if you’d be able to share your water settings?  The water in that render looks great smile

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 21 June 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-01-08

Here’s a side by side comparison of GF2 on the left, V5 Supermodel dialed up on the right.  Both are wearing Genesis1’s bikini, and both are using one of GF2’s default poses.  Vicky 5 is wearing Pure Hair Catwalk, while GF2 (who looks strangely like Milla Jovovich to me!) is sporting the lovely V4 Glamour Hair.  The Glamour Hair fit GF2 with no problem whatsoever.  I don’t own the V4 to GF2 thingy, so I lied and told Autofit that the hair was designed for Genesis.  Autofit was rather obliging, and gladly went about fitting the hair in place perfectly on the first try. 

Lighting is Dimension Light, default shader on both, with a render shading rate of 1.  I adjusted GF2’s height ever so slightly so as to match V5 Supermodel. I wanted to get as close to an “apples to apples” comparison as possible.  My initial conclusion is that both look very nice.  The one area I noticed was Vicky 5’s elbow, which looks a little too sharp to me.  I purposely dialed up some fitness on both models to show off the abdominals, to see if I could notice any signifigant difference.  My untrained eye spots none.  I now wonder if Vicky 5 could benefit from the elbow / knee product which was recently released.  But “out of the box” GF2 does appear to have better bends.

Image Attachments
gf2_vs_v5_.png

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3521
Joined  2012-02-06

I did a comparison render also, V5 vs. V6. Used Nordic Hair and one of the V6 poses on each (which might not be fair to V5). Each is wearing her own standard bikini. Set is from the Barn Yard, lighting is one of the DAZ Dimension Lights presets.

No tweaks (except changing head pose and expression to suit camera angle…same pose controls values used on each figure)...this is straight “out of the box.”

Image 1: V5 Supermodel
Image 2: V6 with Bree Elite skin (same as V5…not the version that comes with Genesis 2 Female)
Image 3: V6 with her default skin

I’m liking V6 a lot so far. That SSS on her default skin looks a bit strong/weird, though…

Image Attachments
Gen1vsGen2-V5a.jpgGen1vsGen2-V6b.jpgGen1vsGen2-V6a.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

One more…V6 with the default Belle skin, this time with the “V6 Belle Skin SSS 25” preset applied. Much better in my opinion.

Edited to add version with better render settings and depth of field. It’s the top one. It’s got the SSS set at 50%.

Image Attachments
Gen1vsGen2-V6d.jpgGen1vsGen2-V6c.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Sorry, duplicate post.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

>>>

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2007-05-26

Here is Genesis 2 Female…. the free model only that comes in your product library… you get these basic clothes ... the skin material….and a few poses… the hair I had already PH Sweet. Its worth downloading and playing with even if your not ready to spend money on her.

Image Attachments
genesis_2_female_test_1.png
 Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6947
Joined  2012-09-10

I posted this in my art studio thread but will put it here too. This is Bree (Starter Essentials?) with Udane Hair, and the Darkwood Heroine outfit. It is all out of the box, no tweaking, to see how it did. Other than one button going into her arm which is easy to tweak (and I would but this render took hours and it achieved its purpose to show the outfit and skin textures) the outfit is just a plop on, move on type thing. Love the textures of the skin and Darkwood Heroine.

cathie

EDIT: When you click to enlarge, be sure to click again and it will enlarge even more. Love that feature!
EDIT: I put scale at 100.9% and that green sleeve expanded and the “button” was fine. See spot render (only sleeve is done)

Image Attachments
breeStrEsstlDrkwdHeroine.jpgbreesleeve.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

3 of 28