disclaimer: if any of this information is wrong, please let me know.
I wrote up a short list of useful information about Genesis 2 and Victoria 6 in my deviantArt journal, and maybe it will be useful for anyone here confused by all the numerous forum threads and posts. Hope it helps!
my original journal here with additional Adobe CC info: http://fav.me/d69mnb5
In case you’re confused as to what you need to use Genesis 2 and Victoria 6, here are a few basic guidelines.
- Genesis 2 Female (no male is available yet) is free, and should be in your DAZ downloadable products list or in your DIM (install manager). Search for “genesis” and it should show up.
- You will need to buy the Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs (as always with a new base) to have basic morphing and shaping abilities.
- You will probably also want to buy the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set, as you will need it to both fit V4 clothing to Genesis 2 using auto-fit and also to use Victoria 4 textures with Genesis 2.
- Victoria 6 is a character (morph preset and texture). You do not need the Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs to make her work, but you’ll only have one shape (V6) to use.
- The Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs are NOT included in any of the Victoria 6 bundles. Genitals are apparently included in the Pro bundle. Oddly enough however, Nyssa and Norma (the two V6 characters included in the bundles) both require the Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs, and Nyssa also requires the Genesis 2 Head Morphs, so if you want to use those characters as shown, you will need to buy the Genesis 2 Female morphs as well.
Basically: if you’re not interested in Victoria 6’s specific shape, you should buy the Genesis 2 Female morph sets and the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set. If you like V6, you can buy any V6 bundle you like, but be sure to also buy the Genesis 2 Head and Body morphs if you want to make the most of the Genesis 2 Female figure AND to properly use the two characters included in the Pro bundle.