OK, so I did all this:
1. Loaded V4 in DAZ Studio
2. Loaded the material preset
3. Saved the material preset as a DUF
4. Loaded Genesis 2 Female with Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female already installed
5. Loaded the DUF material preset
6. Switched the UV Map to V4 (looks good so far!)
7. Saved the material preset as DUF again
8. Closed everything down and loaded DAZ Studio again
9. Loaded Genesis 2 Female with Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female already installed
10. Loaded the DUF material preset from step 7. (everything working fine!)
11. Created Poser Companion file (.mc6) from the DUF preset from step 7.
12. Loaded Poser Pro 2012
13. Loaded Genesis 2 Female with DSON Importer (all working fine!)
14. Loaded the .mc6 created in step 11. with DSON Importer
Nothing. Genesis 2 Female becomes TRANSPARENT!
I checked the material room and the new material zones have all been set to transparent. Legacy material zones haven’t been affected.
I went back to DAZ Studio and looked at the options I had when saving the DUF material preset. Only the new material zones can be selected, not the legacy material zones.
The process works great for DAZ Studio, but how do you get this working in Poser?
Thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts and ideas so far.