Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)
As currently I have no desire to buy G2F Morphs and with Genesis 2 offering such small functionality, comparatively to my morph collection of two years, I started to wonder if I can transfer Genesis morphs to Genesis 2 Female in order to give her some morphability.
Turned to be I can and although the result might be not 100% precise (I have no Gen-X utility to check that process on Gen 4-to-Genesis variation) and drastic morphs will need Bone Adjustment and ERC freeze it worked pretty well for basic human unisex morphs like Pear and Stocky.
ERC Freeze in DS 4.7: it looks like when you do ERC freeze after bone adjustment, you'd need to select 'Restore Figure Rigging' now (previously it had to be left unchecked)
Update: there are four more tutorials below that allow to transfer any morph (not only unisex) from Genesis to G2F but they are somewhat more complex.
Post 7: unlocking OriginalGenesis mesh
Post 8: transfer of any morphs and how to make bone adjustments and ERC Freeze in G2F
Post 35: making of simple G2F autofit clone for Genesis
Post 55: reverse-fitting MallenLane's V4 autofit to Genesis to get some better shoes and other things.
Post 376: Note about DS Property Editor changes in DS 184.108.40.206 and up
Post 391: Make your own simple G2M clone for Genesis.
Post 392: How to make G2M morph for Genesis.
Post 397: Make your own simple V4 clone for G2M
Post 403: How To Transfer Morphs From G2F To G2M The Very Easy Way
Also this thread has a lot of useful information and problem solving from other users.
Post 629: Resummed version of morph transfer tutorial for G2F->G3F transfer
There are other tutorials:
Quickly unlock Genesis Original shape and transfer Genesis morphs in G2F by ben98120000
Steps to Get projection templates to work for your Custom Genesis 2 Figure by larsmidnatt
Sickleyield's Tutorial: Transferring Character Morphs from G1 to G2 (external site, clear presentation)
The transfer of scaled morphs addon by yellowviolent
For this I need Genesis 2Female Essential (free), DS 4.5 (free and probably the process will work in DS 4.6 too), My Genesis (i.e. Genesis 1, with those many morphs I have). I use a temporary intermediate figure to transfer morphs so I won't screw anything up in figures.
1. Load G2F, set it to Base Resolution and 0 Subdivision. Export as Obj (only Ignore Invisible Nodes are checked, everything else is unchecked). I used Hexagon scale (1 unit = 1 cm), on 100% scale. Scale of import and export should be consistent from now on, but I suspect it can be any scale.
I exported it as G2F Base LR.obj
2. Load My Genesis into DS 4.5. Dial Basic Female Morph 100% and several adjustment morphs to get the shape as close to G2F as you can (I used only Arms Length around -0.0026, Hands Propagation Scale L/R around -20% but it can be done better with hips and breast morphs). I did nothing with pose, leaving hands curled as they are.
My Genesis is then set to Base Resolution and 0 Subdivision.
Delete G2F figure.
3. Load G2F Base LR.obj with a proper scale.
4. Open Transfer Utility. Select My Genesis as a Source and Shape as 'Current' (it is important). Select G2F Base LR.obj as a target and Shape as 'Current' (don't know if it is important or not)
a) Projection Template None
b) Show Option: Leave everything checked as it is (don't know if it is important), but select Morph Targets.
c) Check Source Morphs (it is important) and uncheck Projection Template Morphs (don't know if it is important).
I also used Use Near Vertices about 500% but again, don't know if it is important.
d) Select Reverse Source Shape from Target (it is important)
Uncheck Fit to Source Figure for your comfort. Don't add smoothing modifier yet.
5. Wait until it is done. It might be a lengthy process, depending on how many morphs My Genesis has.
6. After it is done you should have a a lot of morphs in your newly made G2F Base LR figure. They are usually messy, with no proper Shape categories, so I used search selector to find Stocky morph and dial it 100%
Delete My Genesis from the scene or make it invisible so the only visible figure on your scene is G2F Base LR. Make sure it is Base Resolution and Subdivision 0, with no smoothing modifier.
7. Export Stocky shape as obj, on the same scale as it was comfortable for you before. I got G2F Stocky LR.obj
8. Load G2F back on scene.
9. Open Morph Loader Pro (in my DarkSide layout it and Morph Loader Advanced have the same icon, MLP located below MLA). Select G2F Stocky LR.obj as a loaded morph. The scale of import should be consistent with a scale of export before.
Name the morph as something nice, say G1 Stocky.
Under Property Group right click and Create new property group. Select Actor and in a line under type Actor/Gen 1 Universal/Real World. Later you can just select it as a already existing Property.
Make sure that Reverse Deformation is checked as 'yes'.
Leave everything else like it is.
10. Now you have a morph :) You can make it more organized with Property Editor but I'm yet to figure how to create groups in it.
Again, for drastic morphs you'll need to follow Bone Adjustment and ERC freeze tutorial (starting from step 9).
11. Repeat steps 6 to 10 for any morph you wish to transfer.
12. When you happy with organizing, Save new morphs as Morph assets and save modified G2F with all new fancy groups as Support Assets/Save Modified Assets (or as a separate figure through Figure/Prop Assets)
I have no DS 4.6 installed so I might not catch the subtle rigging differences between G2F in DS 4.5 and 4.6. Can anybody with DS 4.6 try that process and say if anything is messed up? I'm also not sure about fingers. They seem to curl and pose ok for me in DS 4.5 but I don't know how they supposed to be posed in DS 4.6.
With more additional steps and loops it might be possible to eliminate of Genesis 1 full body morphs influence on G2F face altogether in case if there is any.
For subtler morphs, like Finesse Details you might want to set morph value for export in step 6 as 150% of more to boost up the details a a bit, depending on what you want.
Expressions, pose controls and everything that affects inner mouth might not work properly.
This method works best for gender neutral morphs. For Gender specific morphs (like Victoria 4) the process will have to be modified a bit because otherwise you'd get a boobs too huge and waist too slim. I'm trying to figure the process but if anybody has any ideas, you are welcome to share. Male morphs, obviously, don't work as well at all for now but I think it is possible to make Genesis 2 Base morph because there is a Genesis autofit clone for G2F already, as I think.
Pictured is Genesis 2 Female with Finesse Details 100% (boosted as 150% from Genesis 1) and G1 Pear 75%.