Genesis 2?
Posted: 25 June 2013 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9693
Joined  2007-11-06
Mage 13X13 - 24 June 2013 10:11 PM
Richard Haseltine - 24 June 2013 02:35 PM

If the .dsf file was missing it wouldn’t work for anyone. You are, I trust, installing the main zip and not just the Poser CF (companion files)? And the folder you are installing to is itself selected as a DAZ Studio Content Directory in DS?

I am indeed installing the main zip. I understand about the differences between Poser and DAZ Studio.

I followed your advice and reset my DIM to the default path. I thank you for that. I still do not know why the .dsf file is showing as Missing.

When I downloaded the file manually and extracted it, I looked into the folders to see what was in them and where each item was located. I also paid close attention to the folder hierarchy. The file that is supposedly missing, according to the Missing Files message, is in the correct location, as indicated by that message.

So that you can see what I mean, I’m hoping I can attach an image I created showing two screenshots. Earlier I could not find the Attachments option for this thread.

Please understand that the second screenshot is of the location of the .dsf in the manually downloaded and extracted zip pack. This one has not been installed, mainly because I have not received any instruction on where to install it.

Can you, in DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the “DAZ Studio Formats” and “Poser Formats”, and post a screenshot?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

16 of 16