Digital Art Zone

31 of 39
Victoria 6 has been released.
Posted: 27 June 2013 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2843
Joined  2006-07-31

wowie, when you dialed Heavy morph on Genesis and Gen4, did you dial native Heavy morphs (one from Genesis Evolution packs and one from Gen4 morphs++) or you transferred morphs between them to compare same shape? Because native morphs are different in shape as they always are in different generations. If we compare V4 native Heavy to G2F native Heavy for example: both morphs made for female base figures but they look different from each other too. Does it mean that one of them is suddenly not feminine just because it is different?
I attached Genesis and V4 with same heavy (V4 version) on both. Look pretty same to me. If there was an alternative morphpack for Genesis with those morphs done for unisex Genesis base, in conjunction with V4 Iconic shape you’d get pretty same picture as native V4 Heavy.

There are fundamental differences between male and female bodies. Skeleton is different, particularly for the pelvic area. Fat distribution are also different. You can make adjustment morphs to account for a different base shape (in this case Heavy for V4 shape), but it adds unnecessary bloat to the figure.

It is true for real bodies, but from my testing, when I transfer supposedly ‘feminine’ rig from G2F back to Genesis and dial male shapes, its bends don’t have noticeably different ‘female’ weight distribution that isn’t suitable for men. I haven’t seen the proof that rigging in G2F (while is somewhat better) is as gender-specific as real world weight distribution would be. Morphs - yes, morphs could be more or less feminine, I agree about fat distribution, but two different heavy morphs - one for females, another for males, - can be added to unisex base too and user will be free to dial between them as he/she wants, if Genesis 2 was unisex, which we can’t do in G2F.

Image Attachments
Heavyboned.jpg
 Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11396
Joined  2005-10-07

‘RELEASE THE KRACKKEN’

G2 Krakken morph set?  :D

Signature 

Ð ° ° ° ° ° ö tīd gesǣlig

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Misty Whisky - 27 June 2013 07:20 AM

‘RELEASE THE KRACKKEN’

If what I googled on Krakken is true, I’m afraid some geo-grafting is needed ^^”

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07
Kattey - 27 June 2013 07:35 AM
Misty Whisky - 27 June 2013 07:20 AM

‘RELEASE THE KRACKKEN’

If what I googled on Krakken is true, I’m afraid some geo-grafting is needed ^^”

hmm? 
Does Krakken have girly bits? or manly bits?
in which case, prolly have to wait for the Krakkn Pro bundle, and then i’ll need a 2nd job to afford it.
a Pro bundle would have, seaweed hair options, tentacle texture options, one in pink!

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Nice comparisons, Wowie. But I’ve seen people in all shapes and sizes, including women. Men and women can have similarities in body shape but no one is exactly the same.

For example. Some men have what people call a “beer belly”. Most of their fat goes to their belly and very little throughout the whole body. For other men, the fat distributes all over the place not just the belly. Same for women.

Just because “gender specific morphs” may be a bit better in “some” areas doesn’t erase the fact that a Unisex mesh is the one I prefer (and several others feel the same way). It gives me far more versatility and far more power to do what I want. I don’t have to worry about “Gender Specific Morphs or clothes”.

In saying that, both comparisons you have provided I’ve seen in real life and both are plausible.

These small differences between BF2 and Genesis are not significant enough to justify the gender split IMO.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07

where are the luv handles?

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2007-12-20
anikad - 27 June 2013 01:19 AM

Couldn’t a morph pack fix the difference in genesis?

As I wrote earlier, you can make a ‘counter’ morph to fix the differences. Bear in mind you have to that for every morph that’s different. There could be a lot of morphs you need loaded in the figure that you don’t necessarily use.

I’ve been playing around with Genesis2Female and it’s V4 shape, trying some of the joint bends. I have to say, I’m very impressed on how the figure holds the corrections I’ve made with almost every FBM and PBM. It was nearly impossible to do that in Gen4 and somewhat possible in Genesis (with the counter morphs I mentioned). But with this new figure, I don’t need to.

Posted: 27 June 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2007-12-20
Kattey - 27 June 2013 07:11 AM

wowie, when you dialed Heavy morph on Genesis and Gen4, did you dial native Heavy morphs (one from Genesis Evolution packs and one from Gen4 morphs++) or you transferred morphs between them to compare same shape?

Evolution morphs. The point is that not the difference between the particular morph between generations, but between base shapes on the same generation.

Because native morphs are different in shape as they always are in different generations. If we compare V4 native Heavy to G2F native Heavy for example: both morphs made for female base figures but they look different from each other too. Does it mean that one of them is suddenly not feminine just because it is different?

That is possible, but why does the Evolution Heavy morph with M4 shape looks similar to the native Heavy morph for M4? Only DAZ can answer that. I’m just pointing at a possible reason why having gender specific bases are preferable.

It is true for real bodies, but from my testing, when I transfer supposedly ‘feminine’ rig from G2F back to Genesis and dial male shapes, its bends don’t have noticeably different ‘female’ weight distribution that isn’t suitable for men. I haven’t seen the proof that rigging in G2F (while is somewhat better) is as gender-specific as real world weight distribution would be. Morphs - yes, morphs could be more or less feminine, I agree about fat distribution, but two different heavy morphs - one for females, another for males, - can be added to unisex base too and user will be free to dial between them as he/she wants, if Genesis 2 was unisex, which we can’t do in G2F.

If I understand correctly, that will be using two different morphs for the same thing, but targeted at different bases with the same figure. You could do that I suppose and with some ERC code hide the complexity for users. But you still end up with two morphs (more deltas).

Posted: 27 June 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

If I understand correctly, that will be using two different morphs for the same thing

Well, yes, just like Creature Creator Ogre and 3D Universe Ogre and Skullcrusher Ogre are all doing same thing - but it creates variety. And with unisex base figure for Genesis 2 but with two different morphpacks (one more ‘feminine’, one more ‘masculine’) it would help to create variety, instead caring for clothes for two separate figures.

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1276
Joined  2011-09-13
Kattey - 27 June 2013 11:47 AM

If I understand correctly, that will be using two different morphs for the same thing

Well, yes, just like Creature Creator Ogre and 3D Universe Ogre and Skullcrusher Ogre are all doing same thing - but it creates variety. And with unisex base figure for Genesis 2 but with two different morphpacks (one more ‘feminine’, one more ‘masculine’) it would help to create variety, instead caring for clothes for two separate figures.

Exactly this. I go back and forth in my mind on the gender split, but this argument that oh no we might need two versions of certain morphs is very unpersuasive. We’ve got whole morph categories that are Female and Male in genesis 1, and I’ve got literally hundreds. I’ve got like 4 different ways to make nostrils bigger. I would not be hesitant to embrace Heavy Female and Heavy Male as morphs for the same figure.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2500
Joined  2007-12-07

Just as a passing point, G2F Starter Essentials has popped up as an updated product for me in DIM.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
SimonJM - 27 June 2013 12:09 PM

Just as a passing point, G2F Starter Essentials has popped up as an updated product for me in DIM.

What was updated?

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1017
Joined  2012-02-04

Bug tracker listed the breast dials affecting the eyes as fixed, so that’s probably in there.  No idea if there are other changes.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 27 June 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 27 June 2013 02:18 AM

...and this model has a real, not hideous, smile as well as independent toes and more naturally formed hands.

So does V6.

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2947
Joined  2009-02-24
Coldrake - 27 June 2013 06:12 PM
Kyoto Kid - 27 June 2013 02:18 AM

...and this model has a real, not hideous, smile as well as independent toes and more naturally formed hands.

So does V6.

Unless you use the built in full face smile dialed to max, that grin is downright creepy! Everything else you said I agree with.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

31 of 39