Victoria 6 has been released.
Posted: 25 June 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 436 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
Hellboy - 25 June 2013 09:39 AM

What gender-specific enhancements?

From what I can tell with Render comparisons, V6 and BF2 have “slightly” better bending. They also have jaw movements Genesis doesn’t have and also “slightly” better emotional expressions but not by much.

These slight enhancements aren’t enough to cover the glaring oversight to split the gender of the 6th generation.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 25 June 2013 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 437 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31
Knight22179 - 25 June 2013 09:43 AM
Hellboy - 25 June 2013 09:39 AM

What gender-specific enhancements?

From what I can tell with Render comparisons, V6 and BF2 have “slightly” better bending. They also have jaw movements Genesis doesn’t have and also “slightly” better emotional expressions but not by much.

But why those rigging enhancements considered to be gender-specific? This is what puzzles me. They are enhancements, true, but what is exceptionally feminine about them? Because I can transfer the rigging and bending back to unisex Genesis, dial up M5 morph and there would be nothing feminine about the the resulting guy.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 25 June 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 438 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

Exactly. There’s all this whoop de doo about; hurrah, we’re giving you gendered models! But none of the improvements they are waving in front of us are specific to either gender. Men have movable jaws too. They have armpits and elbows. They don’t bend any differently that I can see.

Posted: 25 June 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 439 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2006-10-01

That’s what I mean! What is “gender specific” about that?
What would have made Mr. Hyde more masculine and Mavka more feminine if they where separate bases? What are they lacking that separate meshes would correct?
And how are those corrections enough to threw away Genesis’ best features and go back to the expensive Generation 4 days? (but without Poser compatibility).
I’m still confused to be honest. But, well, I have Genesis, so never mind.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 25 June 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 440 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2007-12-20

I think it’s wiser to see what are the gender specific enhancements in Genesis2Female compared to the Genesis2Male (and not Genesis).

Posted: 25 June 2013 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 441 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

It’s the flap about this being gender specific that bewilders me. I can clearly see that there are improvements to the appearance and function made by adding the polys that have been added, and I get that adding the polys to make it a *different* mesh comes at a price in backwards compatibility with existing content. But it just feels like claiming that this makes it either either necessary or desirable to make the new mesh(es) *gender* specific feels like being forced into something that I don’t want, and DON’T NEED. It’s got nothing to do with gender. And why is gender being waved at us like a flag to distract us from what is really going on. It all feels like bait-and-switch. Which is NOT a desirable business model.

Posted: 26 June 2013 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 442 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2003-10-09

Does anyone know when the promotional 30% off (51% off, for PC members) sale ends? I’d like to purchase V6 and the Gen2 morphs early July.

I’m not receiving any newsletters anymore (although I’m subscribed to them, according to my account notifications page) and the product page doesn’t mention anything related to the sale period.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 26 June 2013 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 443 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-20
jonfe - 26 June 2013 03:58 AM

Does anyone know when the promotional 30% off (51% off, for PC members) sale ends? I’d like to purchase V6 and the Gen2 morphs early July.

I’m not receiving any newsletters anymore (although I’m subscribed to them, according to my account notifications page) and the product page doesn’t mention anything related to the sale period.

Thanks in advance.

I’m looking right now and they still apply. V6 is S19.58 Plus isn’t there a new $6 off coupon with $30 worth of purchases this month (for PC members).

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 444 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
wowie - 26 June 2013 04:14 AM

I’m looking right now and they still apply. V6 is S19.58 Plus isn’t there a new $6 off coupon with $30 worth of purchases this month (for PC members).

Thanks for the reply.

I can see the promotional price still applies, however, I wonder if they will last until next week. I guess I didn’t make myself very clear on that.

Posted: 26 June 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 445 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
jonfe - 26 June 2013 05:13 AM
wowie - 26 June 2013 04:14 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I can see the promotional price still applies, however, I wonder if they will last until next week. I guess I didn’t make myself very clear on that.

The introductory price lasts one week then it goes to 30% off for one month.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 26 June 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 446 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2009-07-24

Daz will do what it wants, but I think 14 days is the normal period for the initial new release price, Proceed at your own peril however, because the last freebie for the bundle is June 30 and DAZ could very well put everything up to full price after that.

Signature 

Someone please tell me what is so great about this century.

Posted: 26 June 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 447 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you all.

I think I’ll take my chances. If the introductory price is still up by Monday or Tuesday, I’ll get them then. If not, well, there’s always another sale around the corner I guess!

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 448 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-20

Here’s one example that I could find why gender specfic base is preferable.

I loaded Genesis with V4 and M4 shapes, pose them so the bones are pretty much aligned between the two and then move them side by side. I then dial up the Heavy morph on all figures (Genesis V4 & M4 shape, V4 and M4). Genesis is the one on the left and Gen4 figures on the right.

Genesis Heavy morph is unchanged, I only switch on/off the V4 and M4 dials. The first images is Genesis V4 shape and V4. The second is Genesis M4 shape and M4.

It’s clear that Genesis V4 shape don’t work well with the Heavy morph, since it’s most probably is sculpted with M4 (or at the very least, a male shape) in mind.

There are fundamental differences between male and female bodies. Skeleton is different, particularly for the pelvic area. Fat distribution are also different. You can make adjustment morphs to account for a different base shape (in this case Heavy for V4 shape), but it adds unnecessary bloat to the figure.

Plus you still have to account for any differences between the skeleton once you pose the figure.

Image Attachments
HeavyFemale.jpgHeavyMale.jpg

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 449 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1745
Joined  2012-04-14

Couldn’t a morph pack fix the difference in genesis?

Posted: 27 June 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 450 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...I’ve just seen details of a well designed female figure mesh and it excites me more than G2F/V6 does. 

...and this model has a real, not hideous, smile as well as independent toes and more naturally formed hands.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

30 of 39