Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Where is everyone?
Posted: 18 June 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

Ok, The forums are like a ghost town. I’m guessing a lot of people are in other forums, question is.. where

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 18 June 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1496
Joined  2010-02-14

Oh no, we’re here. The Commons is where we fester and spread like parasitic demons as we plot our devious deeds for complete global domination. >:)

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 June 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  857
Joined  2005-11-06
Gedd - 18 June 2012 08:18 PM

Ok, The forums are like a ghost town. I’m guessing a lot of people are in other forums, question is.. where

At the DS forum at rendo

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12452

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 18 June 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22

It’s nice to see someone’s paying attention.

Daz’s old forum was one of my favorite sites on the net.  If they’ve managed to turn me off, I’d imagine the lurkers are long gone by now.

I still check in to see what’s going on in the shop though.

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

Go to rendo.

Cheers
GG

ps, Well it works,really good and there’s some cool people hang out there.

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
RCDeschene - 18 June 2012 08:39 PM

Oh no, we’re here. The Commons is where we fester and spread like parasitic demons as we plot our devious deeds for complete global domination. >:)

Global saturation….

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

Thanks for all the replies, I figured there was a spot at Rendo but wasn’t sure where wink

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 19 June 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
Cagnazzo82 - 18 June 2012 10:47 PM

It’s nice to see someone’s paying attention.  Daz’s old forum was one of my favorite sites on the net.  If they’ve managed to turn me off, I’d imagine the lurkers are long gone by now.  I still check in to see what’s going on in the shop though.

No avatar pics yet, no inline-pic posting yet, no auto-resizing for posted pics yet yet — I can see why those might not be considered critical features in general, but these are the forums for an art-supply store!  And still no sort-topics-by-last-post-time, which makes it difficult to keep up.  This isn’t a very user-friendly place for 3D enthusiasts to hang out these days.  Hope everybody comes back once everything’s fixed!

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

It’s quiet in the forums.

It’s so quiet I can hear the crickets rioting outside DAZ’ office in Utah.

Is every regular poster gone on vacation? downer

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4534
Joined  2004-08-11

I’m glad I’m not the only one wondering.  WOW… I know DAZ is trying to dig themselves out of the code hole they fell into when all this went live but geez… the forums are DEAD.  I even see a couple of vendors putting their stuff up at other stores.  Not good.  I guess there’s not much to do but wait.  Complaining doesn’t do a lick of good… On a positive note I got most of my Genesis stuff installed and organized.  I got more work done on Bruno and a few other things.  So not all bad!  *chuckles* raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30

Still here *waves*, pretty busy in places, but until the forum thread sort is sorted, its a real problem finding stuff, the new posts and active topics help but its not like the old days wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7816
Joined  2004-07-21

It does seem quiet from time to time.  I still try to be active on the forums though.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
Miss Bad Wolf - 19 June 2012 10:24 AM

It does seem quiet from time to time.  I still try to be active on the forums though.

he he he, Miss Third Green Box grin

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7816
Joined  2004-07-21
IanzThingz - 19 June 2012 11:21 AM
Miss Bad Wolf - 19 June 2012 10:24 AM

he he he, Miss Third Green Box grin

Oh I have a third box?  Actually I noticed that a bit after I got it.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I know of many users that just do not like the new forums. One contest I loved moved because of the way this has been handled.

I understand this is a Store. I understand the Store must Work. I do not understand the Forums will not get very much better untill the Store is 100% fixed. If the old site was anything to go by that will never happen. So by that logic we will not get updates to the Forums. It’s just sad.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-07-16

I’m not here… just a figment of your imagination.
Really, though it’s no fun anymore. The site is more of a PITA (Pain In The…, not a pita bread) to use… I can’t find posts I’ve made and I keep getting notices about posts I don’t care about… I’ve lost my banner, nobody has any avatars and even though there is a workaround to avoid having my corneas burned out by the new alien abduction theme/look I find that an annoying compromise… I ditched my PC club membership because the whole thing is frelled, I hate looking through the store for stuff now. I will admit there are a handful of new things that show promise and one new feature that I actually like ( “search the forum”... actually works if you remember the thread’s title).
Other than that, it is very disappointing to visit here and I know this will go on for quite some time, months probably…  I have been spending my spare time making some new freebies (actually, mostly finishing old ones) and checking up on whats going on at Renderosity…  I don’t post there much though…
It really is quite a bit of a bummer when I stop by here and still see nothing but more complaints/problems and nothing really changed.

It feels like someone burned down the old clubhouse and built a dysfunctional Apple store in its place.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

1 of 4