Digital Art Zone

7 of 22
For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 14 November 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  488
Joined  2003-10-09

oh, well you should let tao know about that one.  What a pain!  DAZ has become very hard work.  I’ve employed a secretary to help me.

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1667
Joined  2008-05-31
Haruchai - 14 November 2012 06:02 PM

Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven’t been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a ‘not currently available, try again later’ message.

I suspect they’ve messed up something - the URL still exists but there’s something else there now:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1848
Joined  2005-04-15
Taozen - 15 November 2012 01:28 AM

Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven’t been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a ‘not currently available, try again later’ message.

I suspect they’ve messed up something - the URL still exists but there’s something else there now:

It am no messed up!  Daz Store is run by BIzzarro Programmers.  Anything that work, they must break… that are just good BIzzarro service.  Yes?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2006-04-05

Not sure…actually that is the DSON items as far as I can see. I kept a seperate Excel record of that category and it’s all there. Just not sure why DHM can’t see it.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Haruchai - 15 November 2012 03:39 AM

Not sure…actually that is the DSON items as far as I can see. I kept a seperate Excel record of that category and it’s all there. Just not sure why DHM can’t see it.

Hm, looks like you’re right, actually. They’ve just changed the title tag which is what the program uses to ID the pages. Here’s an update that should fix it:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0538a.zip

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2006-04-05

Thanks, your service is as excellent as your program. Leaving the house now but will try it later.

Thanks again smile

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5587
Joined  2006-02-20

Works! smile
Thank you!!!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 01 December 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2003-10-09

Is anyone else having a problem with DAZ History Manager?  It used to miss the occasional product, but lately it’s not finding anything I purchased recently.  Weird, because it used to work so well.

Posted: 01 December 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1848
Joined  2005-04-15
randym77 - 01 December 2012 11:29 AM

Is anyone else having a problem with DAZ History Manager?  It used to miss the occasional product, but lately it’s not finding anything I purchased recently.  Weird, because it used to work so well.

Have you updated the program with the most recent version?  Or bought a lot of bundles?  Anything purchased in those doesn’t show up except under the bundle name… hence the constant need to refer to the fun with bundles page.  http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html 

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 01 December 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am using the latest version, and no, it’s not bundled items that are the problem.  Basically, I’m not getting anything bought since September.

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2003-10-09
randym77 - 01 December 2012 11:29 AM

Interesting. After reading your message I did some checking and am finding the same thing. Lately I’ve mainly been purchasing only new items but I had noticed a problem with a couple files a month ago and just filed it away in my head because I wasn’t sure if it was me or the program.

As I’m testing I’m finding that after about the first few days in October new purchases I’ve hunted for aren’t showing up. I’m running version 0.538 and updated the database just a couple of nights ago again.

Let me add that the files don’t appear in the database even though when it does the update the total count it’s processing does increment and seems right. The items just aren’t actually getting in the db.

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, at least I know it’s not just me.

Dunno if this is related, but the stuff I bought in September is listed in duplicate.  I didn’t buy the times twice - the order numbers and dates are the same.  They’re just listed twice.

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
randym77 - 01 December 2012 01:22 PM

Thanks, at least I know it’s not just me.

Dunno if this is related, but the stuff I bought in September is listed in duplicate.  I didn’t buy the times twice - the order numbers and dates are the same.  They’re just listed twice.

I haven’t found any dupes like that in September yet. Were they purchased on a single date? Maybe DAZ had a hiccup somewhere and duplicated invoices. I vaguely remember something like that, not sure, and will have to check.

Posted: 01 December 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I’ve got everything in the DB now.

I checked the .csv file in the data folder and noticed the last updated date on the file was October 12 2012.

I’ve updated several times since then.

So I renamed the csv to csv.bak and updated the history again and when I scrolled through the list this time the numbering matched the number it reported it had processed.

I hit ‘save/update history’ and the new database was created.

I’m getting the sneaky feeling I haven’t been hitting the ‘save/update’ history button when I update since October 10. :(  Though it’s rather strange that I was hitting that button before and suddenly forgot to do it anymore.

Anyway, problem solved here anyway.

Posted: 01 December 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

Not sure what can be causing this. I can’t reproduce it myself.

But the number of lines in the CSV file should match the number of items it downloads, plus 1.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

7 of 22