5 of 22
For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 18 October 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31
Wildlyfe - 18 October 2012 08:59 AM

I have a new problem.  Not sure if it is new with the last update or not, but I can’t sort any more.

Sort what?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Haruchai - 18 October 2012 03:35 PM

I have been using the program to reset my DSON files, however, after leaving the PC for an hour and returning I now get this error when checking for the DSON files. I had used it successfully until then and still had some left to go. Any ideas?

DAZ server problem. The page with the DSON files is currently messed up:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
JeanneM - 17 October 2012 04:32 PM
Taozen - 17 October 2012 03:17 PM
JeanneM - 17 October 2012 03:06 PM
RAMWolff - 17 October 2012 09:47 AM

Your logon checker works fine on my end.  The History Manager just gets better and better.  I reset a bunch of DSON files so off to check to see if it worked.

Oh yes, it worked like a charm! I did it yesterday, found 184 files to download and with your downloader I had them on my computer within half an hour!

I suppose it wasn’t DSON files (products/items), for currently there is only 103 of these?

It were DSON products but there were really that much files with a total of 2.5 Gb (if I remember it well… now you made me wondering…. LOL ) the V5 pro bundle was in it and Michael 5, I have the logfile but there is no mention of the quantity of files…..  ohh and the genesis evolution morphs, and ethnicity bundle among other things. They don’t have DSON files I think but the history manager found them. Also the Gen3Shapes bundle. Hmmmm and it’s after midnight already here otherwise I would probably count them again.Now I’m too tired to do that. smile

OK, if it was files and not products it makes sense. smile 

But yes, the Evolution Morphs and Ethnicity Bundle do have DSON updates. The program will not list any other products than those with DSON updates when using the DSON checker. You can find the current list of DSON updated products in the “DSON_list.txt” file in the “data” folder inside the program folder. It will be updated whenever you run the DSON check.

Anyway, I’m really happy with the tools you made, didn’t use them for Renderosity or RDNA yet because they’re all zip files and my budget is limited. smile

What’s wrong with zip files?

I’m off to bed, keep up on doing the good work and most important: Keep up on doing the things you like to do. smile

I find it very hard to do anything I don’t like to do, so usually that’s no problem. smile

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Taozen - 18 October 2012 03:55 PM

I have been using the program to reset my DSON files, however, after leaving the PC for an hour and returning I now get this error when checking for the DSON files. I had used it successfully until then and still had some left to go. Any ideas?

And the progress bar that keeps on running is a bug. Doesn’t affect anything else really but if you want to get rid of it, restart the program or run the Cart Check.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8669
Joined  2007-11-06
Taozen - 18 October 2012 04:23 PM

But yes, the Evolution Morphs and Ethnicity Bundle do have DSON updates. The program will not list any other products than those with DSON updates when using the DSON checker. You can find the current list of DSON updated products in the “DSON_list.txt” file in the “data” folder inside the program folder. It will be updated whenever you run the DSON check.

The Evolution morphs, Muscularity, Ethnicity, and Iconic Shapes do not have presets that appear in the library (in either DS or Poser).  They only show up as dials when you load Genesis.  So they are usable in Poser without needing updates or Poser Companion Files.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 October 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
fixmypcmike - 18 October 2012 04:34 PM

The Evolution morphs, Muscularity, Ethnicity, and Iconic Shapes do not have presets that appear in the library (in either DS or Poser).  They only show up as dials when you load Genesis.  So they are usable in Poser without needing updates or Poser Companion Files.

OK, but they are listed on the DSON page anyway.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8669
Joined  2007-11-06
Taozen - 18 October 2012 05:40 PM

Yes, they are listed and are compatible, but don’t have (or need) Poser Companion Files.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 October 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2006-04-05
Taozen - 18 October 2012 04:27 PM
Taozen - 18 October 2012 03:55 PM

And the progress bar that keeps on running is a bug. Doesn’t affect anything else really but if you want to get rid of it, restart the program or run the Cart Check.

OK, thanks. I will wait for the page to get sorted.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 18 October 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
fixmypcmike - 18 October 2012 05:49 PM
Taozen - 18 October 2012 05:40 PM

Yes, they are listed and are compatible, but don’t have (or need) Poser Companion Files.

No, apparently not. For correction and clarification then: the History Manager lists all the products on the DAZ DSON page, whether they include Poser Companion / DSON Core files or not.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 October 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Haruchai - 18 October 2012 07:38 PM

OK, thanks. I will wait for the page to get sorted.

Well, apparently the page is OK, it’s probably just the CSS that isn’t working. They’ve changed the page ID though so the program thought it was the wrong page, which was the real problem. So DSON Check is working again now - here’s a temporary update:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0537a-installer.zip

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 19 October 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2005-01-18
JeanneM - 17 October 2012 04:32 PM

Anyway, I’m really happy with the tools you made, didn’t use them for Renderosity or RDNA yet because they’re all zip files and my budget is limited. smile

What’s wrong with zip files?

Nothing is wrong with zip files. I even prefer them over the .exe files but my IE downloader gives me a warning every time I download a .exe file that it can’t verify the publisher of the program instead of just letting me go to the downloadsfolder or so and I was/am so sick of that and your tool just downloads it and knows there’s nothing to worry about. LOL 
and I just don’t buy very much at all and most of what I buy is here. Besides, with all the resets I have to do here it’s really, really a big help to have something like your tool to get me the downloads, especially because I don’t have to click each of them apart. smile

I find it very hard to do anything I don’t like to do, so usually that’s no problem. smile

Good for you!! I do the same. grin

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 19 October 2012 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2006-04-05
Taozen - 18 October 2012 09:08 PM

They’ve changed the page ID though so the program thought it was the wrong page, which was the real problem. So DSON Check is working again now - here’s a temporary update

Thanks for the continued updates, this really is an indispensable program for me right now.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...currently logged into the store site. When I fire up the History Manager it asks me to log into my browser again even though I currently am.

Also it doesn’t seem to save the username/password for the Daz site login.  Is there a fix or any workaround for this without having to manually key it in every time?  Not sure if I remember the original password as FF keeps it for me.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...update, figured out the old password but every time I try to download the current history I get a Windows crash error.

Image Attachments
history_manager_error.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 21 October 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Kyoto Kid - 21 October 2012 03:03 PM

...currently logged into the store site. When I fire up the History Manager it asks me to log into my browser again even though I currently am.

Not when you start History Manager, only when you use features that require browser login, right?

The browser in the program is a clone of the IE on your system and inherits its settings, therefore they may interact and share the same login (I believe they use the same cookie). It seems though that this is not always the case, sometimes you have to log in seperately in the browser in History Manager, even if you’re logged in in IE.

As for other browsers, like FF, theres no login sharing with History Manager though, just like you’re not automatically logged in if you start FF, even though you’re logged in in IE, and vice versa, because they don’t share cookies. It’s for the same reason there is both a History Login and a Browser Login in History Manager. The history download code is not connected with IE in any way and therefore needs a separate login, which uses its own private cookie.

In general there’s no need to worry about all this, whatever program you’re using just log in, if it says you’re not logged in. 

Also it doesn’t seem to save the username/password for the Daz site login. Is there a fix or any workaround for this without having to manually key it in every time?  Not sure if I remember the original password as FF keeps it for me.

You have to type email/password into the fields in History Manager and then click the “Save Login” button, to save the login. It cannot import the login from FF or other programs. After you have saved it, you don’t need to type anything in anymore. Login data are saved encrypted in the file “login.dat” in the “data” folder inside the program folder. 

If you are unable to find your current password, you can reset it (click “Forgot Your Password?” on the DAZ login page).

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

5 of 22