For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 03 September 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1567
Joined  2010-02-14
Taozen - 03 September 2012 12:24 AM
RCDeschene - 02 September 2012 11:25 PM

I’m having a problem. With each program I try to log in to, it tells me that that either I’m not logging in properly or the site is down…

Sure your login data are correct? If yes, do you have any unusual characters in your password?

Yes I am. I think this started when I chose to ignore an error it warned me about in the .NET Framework. This is odd because I am running a Windows 7. I’ll PM you what exactly it is doing…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 September 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1712
Joined  2008-05-31
zigraphix - 03 September 2012 12:54 AM
Taozen - 03 September 2012 12:22 AM
zigraphix - 02 September 2012 08:57 PM

It would be handy to be able to sort by purchase date instead, though. With the downloads, it would be handy to be able to sort by downloads left, perhaps, as that’s a good way of identifying a product that hasn’t been downloaded yet, and it’s easy to miss a 4 (or a 5) in the list if you’ve got a lot of available downloads to scroll through.

You can just use the “Download and clear selected files” option, which will reset Downloads Left to zero when a file has been sucessfully downloaded. The “Do not show files with 0 downloads left” filter (under “Settings”) will then hide them.

The other option “Clear selected files” will clear the files without downloading them, you can get rid of files you already have downloaded that way.

The first time you use the software, you still have to check to see if there’s anything you haven’t downloaded yet. I found two product files I’m pretty sure I didn’t download before, and I hope I didn’t miss any, because I did clear the downloads afterward, so it would be easier to see what I’m doing from now on.

If you should happen to download the same file twice with the program it will just overwrite the existing file (provided you use the same path settings).

But forcing the Downloads Left to zero makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. I worry that I’ll need to reset the file again because I’ve actually missed something after all, or because I can’t figure out where the files installed, or any of a number of other reasons. (Maybe just because I’m an insecure pack rat….) A local record that the file has been downloaded on a certain date would seem to make sense. I made that suggestion in your thread about these utilities, once I found it. wink

Well you already have that information in the log file, which is saved in the download folder. It could also be saved in a .csv file for that matter, that’s easy to implement.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 04 September 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
Taozen - 04 September 2012 01:40 PM

But forcing the Downloads Left to zero makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. I worry that I’ll need to reset the file again because I’ve actually missed something after all, or because I can’t figure out where the files installed, or any of a number of other reasons. (Maybe just because I’m an insecure pack rat….) A local record that the file has been downloaded on a certain date would seem to make sense. I made that suggestion in your thread about these utilities, once I found it. wink

Well you already have that information in the log file, which is saved in the download folder. It could also be saved in a .csv file for that matter, that’s easy to implement.

An option to hide downloads that have already been recorded as downloaded in the log file would be nice.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 September 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
zigraphix - 04 September 2012 02:04 PM
Taozen - 04 September 2012 01:40 PM

An option to hide downloads that have already been recorded as downloaded in the log file would be nice.

Well if I decide to continue developing the DAZ downloader it will probably, together with the other downloaders, be linked to a content file management system with some kind of database that keeps track of everything. I believe that will provide everything you ask for.

As for the “Download and clear selected files” option it’s 100% safe - it will not clear a file from the list before it has checked that the file has been downloaded and that fhe file size is correct (it gets the file size from the server and compares it to the size of the downloaded file). So if you use that option you can’t really miss any file. It also has the advantage that you can see on the DAZ download page which files have been downloaded.

Another thing though concerning the file clearing feature - I’ve just discovered that it has started to fail, i.e. it may not clear all the files completely, but leave some with still 1 or 2 downloads left. It looks like the server no longer can handle the speed the clearing requests are sent with and therefore skips some of them, so in the current version (1.100) this feature is no longer reliable. Looks like it can be fixed by inserting a delay between the requests, this will make the feature a lot slower but there don’t seem to be any other options. Will send out an auto-update as soon as I have tested it…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
Taozen - 06 September 2012 04:43 AM

Well if I decide to continue developing the DAZ downloader it will probably, together with the other downloaders, be linked to a content file management system with some kind of database that keeps track of everything. I believe that will provide everything you ask for.

This would be very cool. It would also be nice to be able to put in a ShareCG link or a URL to another freebie site, even if you download the file manually, so you can really track where everything comes from. I desperately want to be able to get all of my content tagged in the Content Manager as to who the artist is and whether there are commercial use restrictions.

Which just gave me an idea about a rendering script that would put metadata about content into the EXIF area of a jpg image… I’ll post about that in Nuts n Bolts. wink

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 September 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
zigraphix - 06 September 2012 08:13 AM
Taozen - 06 September 2012 04:43 AM

This would be very cool. It would also be nice to be able to put in a ShareCG link or a URL to another freebie site, even if you download the file manually, so you can really track where everything comes from. I desperately want to be able to get all of my content tagged in the Content Manager as to who the artist is and whether there are commercial use restrictions.

That will be included also, of course.

Which just gave me an idea about a rendering script that would put metadata about content into the EXIF area of a jpg image… I’ll post about that in Nuts n Bolts. wink

Good idea. And please give DAZ a copy they can use for their product promo pics… wink

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-12-05

Is there a different tutorial for this? For some reason my computer only shows a blank page when I open the daz3d tutorial :(

Posted: 06 September 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
WinterFlame - 06 September 2012 11:54 AM

Is there a different tutorial for this? For some reason my computer only shows a blank page when I open the daz3d tutorial :(

Not sure which tutorial you mean?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 September 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-12-05

Never mind lol. I figured it out. Your programs really are very intuitive smile I finally downloaded the History Manager and the Content Downloader for DAZ because my backup fried and I needed to redo it. It always takes me forever to learn a new program (Took me a month to figure out Gimp for heavens sake) This took like 5 minutes before I understood what I was supposed to be doing. Which is pretty much a miracle. Thank you so very much for putting these out there. You are a life saver.

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
WinterFlame - 06 September 2012 12:21 PM

Never mind lol. I figured it out. Your programs really are very intuitive smile I finally downloaded the History Manager and the Content Downloader for DAZ because my backup fried and I needed to redo it. It always takes me forever to learn a new program (Took me a month to figure out Gimp for heavens sake) This took like 5 minutes before I understood what I was supposed to be doing. Which is pretty much a miracle. Thank you so very much for putting these out there. You are a life saver.

You’re welcome. What happened to the error you got? 

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-09-06

I’ve checked off on a list of manual duplex reset.

Signature 

Inside the classic Brown Leather Messenger Bags For Men, there are several smaller pockets for keys, credit cards, pens, calculators and money. Some classic cwmalls.com Mens Black leather satchel handbags can be custom-made with your initials.

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Taozen - 06 September 2012 12:02 PM
WinterFlame - 06 September 2012 11:54 AM

Not sure which tutorial you mean?

The video tutorials are working again now, they really need to be updated but they should show you how to use the basic functions.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m trying to make it work on my mac using crossover.  crossover is a software that fools windows software into thinking windows is on the computer even if it is not.
I have a question.  The password at the bottom left of the UI?  Is that meant to be the email address and password for logging into the daz account or do I just make up a new username and password?
Love esther

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8774
Joined  2007-11-06
esther - 16 October 2012 09:33 PM

I’m trying to make it work on my mac using crossover.  crossover is a software that fools windows software into thinking windows is on the computer even if it is not.
I have a question.  The password at the bottom left of the UI?  Is that meant to be the email address and password for logging into the daz account or do I just make up a new username and password?
Love esther

Those are the email address and password for logging into DAZ3D.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2003-10-09

Okay, well i put in my usual daz username and pasword but it won’t accept it ie won’t log in, which i need to do to complete the installation.  I went to the history manager website and found the version number was higher than my last one but when I went to get info the file sizes are exactly the same size and the creation date and time is the same so I don’ tthink it is an upgrade.

3 of 22