11 of 22
For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 21 December 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31
fixmypcmike - 20 December 2012 09:28 PM

The database layout seems to be different—I loaded my old database in this version and the dates showed up in the item name column.

Correct, I’ve rewritten it to make room for SKU data.

It will not cause any problems though, just download your history again and it will be fixed.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 21 December 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Kerya - 21 December 2012 12:38 AM
Taozen - 20 December 2012 08:15 AM
Kerya - 20 December 2012 01:33 AM

I can’t test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1779/#196527

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

Yes - I couldn’t find another way ...

OK. I’m not sure how Andy collects them, but it could probably be done fairly easily automatically. Depends mostly on how consistent the data layout is in the store.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 21 December 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1936
Joined  2005-04-15
Taozen - 21 December 2012 01:57 PM

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won’t come up in a sales report in.

Not sure what you mean here?

Oh.  What I meant was this - I have a bunch of Daz product that I didn’t get through the Daz store.  Some of it came on freebie discs in magazines and books, some came on line sources, like the old Daz Freepository and forums, some came packed in various versions of the software, like the subdragon and the base aldorah hair, and a lot came from 3rd party sites like 3Dworld.  In addition, I picked up the Aiko and Hiro megasets at a con on DVD (with T-shirts,) the Reby Sky resources pack was given to me at Siggraph, and, well, you get the idea.  A whole lot of product that I own that the Daz website has no record of, totaling about 700 assets or so.  That’s way too much to remember, so I keep a record of all of those in an excel file, combined with listings for every Daz product I’ve bought in the store, whether singly or in a bundle. 

So, since you created this program, I’ve also taken to pulling all the data on my new purchases from Daz straight from the .csv file that DHM uses.  Which has me thinking that what would be great is if I could roll all the items listed above back onto a .csv as well.  I don’t want to combine all the data in one pot, because I can’t re-download any of those items I didn’t purchase through the site, so the ideal solution (in my mind) would be to be to have DHM be able to check against two different .csv files:  one that’s just for checking that I don’t already have the item, and a second file that’s limited to just exactly what the Daz store has (the version that DHM checks against now,) to be used for resetting downloads, looking for d-son updates, etc.

Is that any clearer?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Cybersox13 - 21 December 2012 04:34 PM
Taozen - 21 December 2012 01:57 PM

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won’t come up in a sales report in.

Not sure what you mean here?

Oh.  What I meant was this - I have a bunch of Daz product that I didn’t get through the Daz store.  Some of it came on freebie discs in magazines and books, some came on line sources, like the old Daz Freepository and forums, some came packed in various versions of the software, like the subdragon and the base aldorah hair, and a lot came from 3rd party sites like 3Dworld.  In addition, I picked up the Aiko and Hiro megasets at a con on DVD (with T-shirts,) the Reby Sky resources pack was given to me at Siggraph, and, well, you get the idea.  A whole lot of product that I own that the Daz website has no record of, totaling about 700 assets or so.  That’s way too much to remember, so I keep a record of all of those in an excel file, combined with listings for every Daz product I’ve bought in the store, whether singly or in a bundle. 

So, since you created this program, I’ve also taken to pulling all the data on my new purchases from Daz straight from the .csv file that DHM uses.  Which has me thinking that what would be great is if I could roll all the items listed above back onto a .csv as well.  I don’t want to combine all the data in one pot, because I can’t re-download any of those items I didn’t purchase through the site, so the ideal solution (in my mind) would be to be to have DHM be able to check against two different .csv files:  one that’s just for checking that I don’t already have the item, and a second file that’s limited to just exactly what the Daz store has (the version that DHM checks against now,) to be used for resetting downloads, looking for d-son updates, etc.

Is that any clearer?

OK, I get the idea. It could be made that way that if the program detects a .csv file with a certain name, a button that will load that file will appear. Quite simple to make.

You just need to format the data the same way as in the history.csv file (the new format from the test version), leaving fields you have no data for empty. If you don’t have any SKU data for the items though, it will be a check on product names only, with the disadvantages this may have.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 22 December 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2011-03-26

Just wanted to say THANK YOU very much for creating and sharing this incredibly useful tool.

DAZ History manager in combination with a batch installer script is now my daily routine when installing content:

- purchase something in DAZ store
- download new history
- Update History
- Check for DSON updates
- Reset the prodcts

- download products and run batch installer

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2003-10-09
linvanchene - 22 December 2012 11:10 AM

... and run batch installer

Batch installer?

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2011-03-26
MBusch - 22 December 2012 10:21 PM

Batch installer?

Here is a link to a post in the forumarchive where the original unchanged script by Tugspx was posted;

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You will have to give the page some time to load.

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2003-10-09
linvanchene - 22 December 2012 10:26 PM
MBusch - 22 December 2012 10:21 PM

Batch installer?

Here is a link to a post in the forumarchive where the original unchanged script by Tugspx was posted;

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You will have to give the page some time to load.

Thanks! Anyway, I am on OS X, so I need another path…

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1017
Joined  2003-10-09

any word on a new version of the history manager? It expires 12/31 and I’m getting nervous. grin

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2003-12-29

The current version Alpha 0.539 of DAZ History Manager will run until 2013-01-31.
If for some reason the autoupdate did not work, you may download it at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/.

But any of the Content Downloader will need an update for the new year.

Signature 

Fun with Bundles, the source for infos about the bundles and their contents.

Posted: 29 December 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
AndyBerlin - 29 December 2012 04:38 AM

The current version Alpha 0.539 of DAZ History Manager will run until 2013-01-31.
If for some reason the autoupdate did not work, you may download it at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/.

Got it. Thank you.

Nope, the automatic update didn’t work. It has worked for me in the past, though, which was why I was worried that nothing had come in yet.

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
AndyBerlin - 29 December 2012 04:38 AM

I’m working on these, there will be updates of them all before they expire.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Spit - 29 December 2012 11:33 AM

Nope, the automatic update didn’t work. It has worked for me in the past, though, which was why I was worried that nothing had come in yet.

Strange. I just tested all previous unexpired versions since 0.536, auto update works fine for all of them. If for some reason it cannot connect to the update server or whatever you’ll get a “Update check failed” box which you must close before the program can start. It should not be possible to run an earlier version of the program without seeing either the Update window or the “Update check failed” box.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Taozen - 29 December 2012 04:46 PM
Spit - 29 December 2012 11:33 AM

Strange. I just tested all previous unexpired versions since 0.536, auto update works fine for all of them. If for some reason it cannot connect to the update server or whatever you’ll get a “Update check failed” box which you must close before the program can start. It should not be possible to run an earlier version of the program without seeing either the Update window or the “Update check failed” box.

I think I know what happened. I found a dazhm-0539a.zip in my downloads. I must have had that version installed instead.

Posted: 14 January 2013 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

A new test version out: 0.540a. 

Cart Check has now been rewritten to include SKU based bundle check, which needs some testing. Those who want to participate can download it here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0540a.zip

Bundle Check includes check for old bundle names, so it should work even if the name has changed since you bought the bundle. In that case the item(s) will be marked yellow to indicate that the item name does not match the name of the corresponding item in the cart. I’m hoping to find a better solution to this, but so far this is how it works. Probably something that you won’t run into very often anyway, if ever. 

Andy has just updated the bundle data, so the latest bundles are included in the check.

Let me know if there are bugs or problems.

Thanks!

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

11 of 22