Digital Art Zone

10 of 22
For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 20 December 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2005-01-18

Hmm, I get the same message: History not found!
Please Log In, Get History List, and Save History
But I just id that, twice. When I try to save I get: Nothing to save!
Please Log In and Download Current History first…
Dit that too already twice and the history shows in the window

I unpacked the test zip in a different folder. I’ll look and see if the previous version still works.

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2003-10-09

that happened to me the very first time I tried to use it, but since then no troubles at all. perhaps there is a lag and it takes it some time to gather the data that it needs.  try doing things again but more slowly.

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18
esther - 20 December 2012 07:32 AM

that happened to me the very first time I tried to use it, but since then no troubles at all. perhaps there is a lag and it takes it some time to gather the data that it needs.  try doing things again but more slowly.

LOL that’s a nice thing to say, to me especially. I often hear, don’t be so slow doing things!! Please, hurry up a bit!! (forget the please they don’t say that actually LOL )

I’ll give it another try, have to get the downloader to work also, there’s a lot of downloading to do… smile

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes, there sure is.  Hurry up!

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18

LOL
Done already! No, not the downloading, just put him to work, I’m good at that, putting others to work I mean wink

The historymanager worked like a charm once I slowed down a bit, smile It found the duplicate in a bundle, not the last one because Kerya added that one to the list just now wink but the other one it did, I didn’t even know it was in that bundle! Once the downloads are in, I’ll check if the History manager also finds Victoria 4, I think I got that a couple of times over the years in different bundles and as a single item if memory serves me well.

Off, to save some productpages and promos and the likes. Bundles are fun and nice but besides all the downloading, I want those things for my administration also. I hope I’ll find some time to play with the new stuff…. Oh I forgot, we’re having probably just noodles or spaghetti for Christmas dinner so I’ll have time then to play LOL

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

glad you got it working.  Tao is my hero!

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18

Yeah, mine too! smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1729
Joined  2008-05-31
JeanneM - 20 December 2012 07:11 AM

I am testing right now. I checked in, downloaded the current history and what I bought just now wasn’t in it. Then I clicked: check for duplicates and it told me to save the history first. So I clicked Save/Update History then it said: there’s nothing to save, login first.

You must save the history as soon as you have downloaded it, before doing anything else, otherwise you’ll get that message. You should keep it updated anyway (e.g. after each purchase) otherwise the data are unreliable.

Maybe I should make it auto save history after download.

Then I downloaded my current history again and there were my new goodies in it. But, since my cart is empty now I can’t check of course. LOL

You can just put the same items in your cart again and then check for duplicates.

EDIT: Just remember that the duplicate check data are not quite up to date, but i’m working on it…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Kerya - 20 December 2012 01:33 AM

I can’t test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1779/#196527

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2128
Joined  2005-04-15
Taozen - 20 December 2012 05:53 AM

Sorry for being a bit unclear. Yes it is the “Check cart for duplicates” feature that has been updated. I hope this screenshot explains everything:

Well… that’s a little better.  Ironically, I had thought to try the check cart option last night, but it seems that there are some big holes in the net:  Specifically, the dinosaurs in the Predator Vs. Prey bundle, which were what I was mainly using as a test last night, still don’t show up.  Nor do the items in Think Outside the Box 3.  On the other hand, the items in the basic bundles like V5, F4 do seem to come up if it searches for a goodly bit, but it’s pretty sluggish and it’s much faster to simply look for the items on my excel spread sheet.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 20 December 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

You’re right - it misses half of the items of the Predator/Prey bundle I can see. The reason for that is that DAZ has changed the names of the rest (appended a “DR” to the name), since the bundle was added to the database. The database should include alternative/changed product names but apparently some are missing.

It’s fixed now for that bundle, but I don’t know how many other bundles it may affect. So i’m going to shift to SKU checking instead, I’ve found a way to do that and that should be reliable.

I’ll get back as soon as I have an update, and suggest not using this test version anymore.

Thanks everyone for testing…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2128
Joined  2005-04-15
Taozen - 20 December 2012 09:31 AM

It’s fixed now for that bundle, but I don’t know how many other bundles it may affect. So i’m going to shift to SKU checking instead, I’ve found a way to do that and that should be reliable.

As long as it catches the cases where the skus have changed, (which has happened a few times when free items become paid items, like the morphing python,) or that have no skus at all (like the genitalia and some items now included in bundles that used to be stand-alones,) that should work. Well, mostly, because then there’s the items that used to be given out in the Platinum forums or at conventions, and freebies from 3D world, etc… 

Don’t get me wrong, I love this program and just for resetting for downloads alone, it’s a lifesaver.  However, I’ve found it best to use it as a quick spot check and look up tool while putting a cart together, and then to go to the excel file fora final check.  If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won’t come up in a sales report in.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 20 December 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9021
Joined  2007-11-06

The database layout seems to be different—I loaded my old database in this version and the dates showed up in the item name column.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6162
Joined  2006-02-20
Taozen - 20 December 2012 08:15 AM
Kerya - 20 December 2012 01:33 AM

I can’t test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1779/#196527

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

Yes - I couldn’t find another way ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 21 December 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Cybersox13 - 20 December 2012 01:06 PM
Taozen - 20 December 2012 09:31 AM

As long as it catches the cases where the skus have changed, (which has happened a few times when free items become paid items, like the morphing python,) or that have no skus at all (like the genitalia and some items now included in bundles that used to be stand-alones,) that should work. Well, mostly, because then there’s the items that used to be given out in the Platinum forums or at conventions, and freebies from 3D world, etc…

Have any SKUs changed since they introduced the latest format with digits only?

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won’t come up in a sales report in.

Not sure what you mean here?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

10 of 22