Digital Art Zone

9 of 22
For users of DAZ History Manager
Posted: 06 December 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17134
Joined  2003-10-09

The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added.  DAZ 3D is unfortunately not immune from spam.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2008-05-31
JeanneM - 06 December 2012 05:29 AM
Taozen - 05 December 2012 09:16 PM

The browser auto-login in History Manager should have been fixed now, so it should work on all machines. If the login fields in the left side of the program are filled in, the browser should now log in automatically when you click the “Log In Browser” button.

Updated version can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539a.zip

It did that already on my machine. I’m sorry I didn’t reply at your first post about this auto login but somehow I didn’t receive notifications anymore :(
Anyhow, it works fantastic, all of them do. Your contentdownloader saves me a lot of time, thank you very, very much!! Now only DAZ has to continue the naming as it had for the MAC and the PC items! Now your program can’t find all the mac-files (I’m on a windows machine) to filter them out.  My downloadable products have reached 195 items again! (only because reset in the History Manager works great!! wink  )

Oh, I’m using the downloader at renderosity also now and there too it works like a charm, even with the few things I get it’s much easier. smile
And I forgot to test them at RDNA, next time I’ll remember.

Love, Jeanne
edited to ask: Is it maybe possible the password wil stay in the content downloader also? TIA

Thanks for the feedback. smile  I found a couple of lines of old code that read some data from the browser, but those data wasn’t used for anything anymore. So I deleted them to see what happened, and that solved the problem. I have no idea though why it only affected some machines. I have two identical machines, both with XP, before it worked on one of them but not the other. Now it works on both. Things are unpredictable sometimes.

As for the PC / Mac files, yea I know the problem, but DAZ file naming has become so inconsistent that it’s more or less impossible to make filters that are both reliable and precise. There is a risk that some files that should be listed may be caught by the filters so you’ll miss them. The current filters are probably the most reliable you can get in that respect, in that they let anything pass through which they do not recognize.

The save password thing is already on the list, so that will be in one of the next versions.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
chohole - 06 December 2012 06:17 AM

The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added.

I know, but I think the forum developers could have done a better job here. Or DAZ could have chosen another forum. But maybe it was part of the Magento package.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6595
Joined  2006-02-20
Taozen - 06 December 2012 07:24 AM

The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added.

I know, but I think the forum developers could have done a better job here. Or DAZ could have chosen another forum. But maybe it was part of the Magento package.

I am afraid it is Magento ...
No doubt Daz developers are very happy with Magento just now ... the store and the forum.
7 months ...
OK, it did get better, but there is still much to ask for.
Which is why I am thankful for your software!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 06 December 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
Kerya - 06 December 2012 07:42 AM
Taozen - 06 December 2012 07:24 AM

I am afraid it is Magento ...
No doubt Daz developers are very happy with Magento just now ... the store and the forum.
7 months ...
OK, it did get better, but there is still much to ask for.
Which is why I am thankful for your software!

You’re welcome! Yea, wonder when they get it all straightened out. Looks to me like new problems appear all the time.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 19 December 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

Well, finally about to have the History Manager updated to include bundle check. If someone want’s to give the latest build a test run it would be great. Can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539b-TEST_VERSION.zip 

The bundle data is based on AndyBerlin’s FWB page with his kind permission:

http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html

However, the current data file is an XML file Andy sent me a couple of weeks ago and it has not been updated since the “Frankie Bundle”, so it won’t work for any bundles newer than that. I’ve asked him if he had an update but I haven’t heard from him for some time, so I’ll try to update it myself one of the next days…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 19 December 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  468
Joined  2003-10-09

seems to work perfectly on my mac using the latest version of crossover. No fiddling around and no windows installation required either.
Thanks.
Love esther

Posted: 19 December 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05
Taozen - 19 December 2012 06:17 PM

Well, finally about to have the History Manager updated to include bundle check. If someone want’s to give the latest build a test run it would be great.

Hi Taozen,

Not sure what I’m testing.

The update works fine in Windows 7 64bit. Just not sure what has been updated. Is the xml meant to be included or is this a test of the program to have the bundle info added later?

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  468
Joined  2003-10-09

well say you purchased a bundle including hiro 3, and then you forget you own hiro 3 and put just hiro 3 in your cart (not the bundle again). Previously you wouldn’t have known you had bought it because hiro 3 was part of a bundle. this new version will warn you that you have hiro 3 already.
Love esther
(Ps even on a mac)

Posted: 19 December 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-04-05

Ah I see, it is the ‘Check cart for duplicates’ now being checked against bundle contents. Thanks for the explanation esther.

Brilliant update Taozen, many thanks for continuing to include additional functions to an already essential program.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 19 December 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2533
Joined  2005-04-15

Unfortunately,  it doesn’t seem to be working.  (I have WIn7 ultimate 64.)  I downloaded the test into a separate area and it pulled up exactly the same items as were in my regular version.  Count is the same and I spot checked a bunch of items I know I got in bundles (and definitely have) and can’t see any of them showing up.  These are older bundle items too: Slicer in the Hiro 4 Pro Bundle, for example, since I almost bought that one by accident the other day, Gabi in the V5 starter bundle and Tori in the V5 Pro bundle, Spinosaurus in the predator Vs Prey…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6595
Joined  2006-02-20

I can’t test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1779/#196527

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 December 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-04-05
Cybersox13 - 19 December 2012 10:19 PM

Unfortunately,  it doesn’t seem to be working.  (I have WIn7 ultimate 64.)  I downloaded the test into a separate area and it pulled up exactly the same items as were in my regular version.  Count is the same and I spot checked a bunch of items I know I got in bundles (and definitely have) and can’t see any of them showing up.  These are older bundle items too: Slicer in the Hiro 4 Pro Bundle, for example, since I almost bought that one by accident the other day, Gabi in the V5 starter bundle and Tori in the V5 Pro bundle, Spinosaurus in the predator Vs Prey…

Cybersox, you appear to be making the same assumption I initially did.

The bundles items do not show in your items list, however, if you add an item to your cart via the program and hit the ‘Check cart for duplicates’  button it will tell you if you bought it before. The old version did this but not for bundle contents.

I bought the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle. To check I today added Stephanie 5 standalone to my cart and checked for duplicates and sure enough there it was, listed and what bundle it was in. The program would not have been able to tell me that yesterday. Hell, even DAZ couldn’t tell me that when they had the original functionality on the website.

Major step forward as far as I’m concerned.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 20 December 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

Sorry for being a bit unclear. Yes it is the “Check cart for duplicates” feature that has been updated. I hope this screenshot explains everything:

Image Attachments
bundlecheckinfo2.jpg
 Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  2005-01-18

I am testing right now. I checked in, downloaded the current history and what I bought just now wasn’t in it. Then I clicked: check for duplicates and it told me to save the history first. So I clicked Save/Update History then it said: there’s nothing to save, login first.

Then I finished my order, had paid via PayPal and have to confirm after payment (a bit odd I think but there are more stores that do that, has to do with the direct pay per PayPal I guess)
Then I downloaded my current history again and there were my new goodies in it. But, since my cart is empty now I can’t check of course. LOL  I thought, maybe because I didn’t finish the payment ritual totally, it could check for duplicates but you have to do that before you pay… logically! raspberry

Anyhow, I’ll put something in my cart now, something I know I bought it already as a single item and I know I bought it in the last mfd bundle, if that already has added to the list. Well, I’ll find out soon enough

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

9 of 22