Sorry, not getting notifications for this thread anymore though I’m still subscribed (forum bug?).
In any case, sorry for the problems - I’m already aware of them and have been working on an update to fix them. If anyone cares to test it before I let it loose and report back if there are problems ther current version can be downloaded here (will expire 2012-.08-22):
The main problem is that the new server logs you out rather quickly (with the old one you might be logged on for hours). When that happens none of the features that requires login work anymore. So now I’ve made it check if you’re logged in first whenever a feature that requires login is being used, and log in again automatically if not.
This also means that the Check for Duplicates feature may have failed on some occasions, unfortunately. To make up for that I’ve added a new feature “Find Duplicates in History” which checks for duplicate items in the History itself so you’ll be able to catch any that previously may have slipped through. It can only find duplicates where the product names are 100% identical - in this case the other types of search methods I know of may generate an enourmous amount of hits which is impractical. It appears though from tests I’ve made that only a small number of product names have changed over the years so it should be quite reliable.
Note that there may be different products with the same name (that’s the case with “Hot Air Balloon” for example), so if you find any duplicates in the history you might want to check if they are actually duplicates. To to this, check the order page for each item, to see if the install files names are the same. If they’re not visible, reset the products, then they should show up.