Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Destroyed Bridge -no obj?
Posted: 20 June 2013 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2746
Joined  2004-04-25

Skydome solution for you if you haven’t tried it: Bagginsbill’s Environment sphere. 

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere

Check out the other things on his site if you aren’t familiar with them.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 20 June 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2005-03-15
icprncss - 20 June 2013 05:30 PM

Skydome solution for you if you haven’t tried it: Bagginsbill’s Environment sphere. 

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere

Check out the other things on his site if you aren’t familiar with them.

Thanks, i got that when Bagginsbill was drumming it into everyone, “Raytrace needs something to bounce off!” It’s now part of my default scene, so I had to delete it before I tried loading Dreamlight’s model. In this case though not actually apparent in the render, i used Coflek-Gnorg’s Terrasphere as it has distant buildings

Posted: 20 June 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09

I am a poser user. can you please walk me through how you installed destroyed bridge in poser. I have the D3D script installed but when I navigated to the destroyedcity dsf file nothing imported.  is there another set that has to be loaded into poser first that goes with the bridge?

Posted: 20 June 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06
esther - 20 June 2013 08:53 PM

I am a poser user. can you please walk me through how you installed destroyed bridge in poser. I have the D3D script installed but when I navigated to the destroyedcity dsf file nothing imported.  is there another set that has to be loaded into poser first that goes with the bridge?

You want to navigate to \Dreamlight\Destroyed City\Destroyed City.duf, not to the .dsf file in the Data folder

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 June 2013 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

that worked beautifully.  thankyou so much!

Posted: 20 June 2013 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

the sky dome is also there. I plugged it into alternative diffuse and it showed up.  hmmm letst ry diffuse at one or something

Posted: 20 June 2013 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t get this. How come the city can be saved as PZ3 and opened and is as fast as normal poser.  But when I try to load clothes onto a V5 from genesis in poser it takes forever.
This city scene seems really fast.
I only bought it accidentally as I normally only buy poser compatible stuff.
Now there is a 3d conference room here at DAZ that looked quite good that i liked the look of.  Should I buy that.  it is DS only.

Posted: 21 June 2013 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2005-03-15
esther - 20 June 2013 10:26 PM

I don’t get this. How come the city can be saved as PZ3 and opened and is as fast as normal poser.  But when I try to load clothes onto a V5 from genesis in poser it takes forever.
Now there is a 3d conference room here at DAZ that looked quite good that i liked the look of.  Should I buy that.  it is DS only.

It must be something to do with the figure itself, no idea what though, but if I try to use V5 my library behaves like someone has poured treacle over it. She’s just too frustrating to use.

Posted: 21 June 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2746
Joined  2004-04-25
esther - 20 June 2013 10:26 PM

By loading clothes, do you mean loading with the DSON importer or the D3D script?  The D3D script used for the bridge works in conjunction with the DSON importer and whatever files it adds (if you don’t have DS installed, you have to check the install DS files in the importer installation or it won’t work) but the importer doesn’t seem to “activated”.  I still find the actual DSON importer from DAZ to be maddeningly slow. 

If you had good results from the bridge, buy the conference room.  If you can’t get it to work, you can always return it.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 21 June 2013 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I will definitely consider it. I miss the cameras and lights that come with premade poser specific content, but it is now an option worth considering.
thanks everyone.

Posted: 21 June 2013 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06

Architecture has way fewer morphs than Genesis does, and doesn’t need clothing to fit.  It also may have more polys at base resolution but no subd, but I don’t know if that’s the case here.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

2 of 2