Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Free Daz items from Sharecg… questions
Posted: 22 June 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2008-06-25

I know the Shaeelia’s Charlotte character, it does indeed come in 3 zips.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/49757/view/11/Poser/Charlotte-for-V4-1-of-3
http://www.sharecg.com/v/49758/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Charlotte-for-V4-2-of-3
http://www.sharecg.com/v/49759/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Charlotte-for-V4-3-of-3

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 22 June 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you Mustakettu85. I seem to have lost Bendinggrass. Does any other XP users read this thread? I still need to know if XP has Merge. If it does not I have to use a different install method than I would on my PC.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 June 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8377
Joined  2007-11-06

Yes, XP merges

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 22 June 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you Mike. So I’m off to to do a in depth Zip install Tutorial. I will need to remember that the User has a custom Install folder. Not a problem just a different name.

I would like to know if any other users reading this thread need this info before I get started. It will only take me a couple of hours to do the tutorial. I could just as easily do a normal one for other users at the same time.

I do not plan to do more than the images tonight, the text will come tomorrow. So I will check this thread tomorrow to see if I should do two versions. Then I will post one or both tomorrow night.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 23 June 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2009-11-22

Hi Jaderail.

Here are two items that you could choose from for our exercise. Either one of these should be fine:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/35524/View/11/Poser/V4-Lingerie

or

http://www.sharecg.com/v/49465/View/11/Poser/Dynamic-Egyptian-Dress-for-V4

Thanks so much.
R

Posted: 23 June 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-22

Thanks, Mustakettu85.

Yes, that seems to be the character I found.
Jaderail has a good selection to choose from for our exercise.
I leave it to him to decide which is the best teaching prop… he is the teacher.
I am looking forward to this,
R

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2010-12-13
Bendinggrass - 23 June 2012 03:48 PM

Hi Jaderail.

Here are two items that you could choose from for our exercise. Either one of these should be fine:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/35524/View/11/Poser/V4-Lingerie

or

http://www.sharecg.com/v/49465/View/11/Poser/Dynamic-Egyptian-Dress-for-V4

Thanks so much.
R

Be aware that Daz Studio does not support Poser Dynamic items. The Egyptian dress will not work. This is one of the main gotchas with ShareCG freebies. Don’t bother with the Dynamic hair and cloth items you find there unless you also happen to own a copy of Poser. The only dynamic clothing I’m aware of that works in DS comes from Optitex.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Due to dialysis treatment today. I’m going to be finishing and posting on Sunday US time.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13

It’s too bad the switchover of the forums clobbered Jaderail’s fine tutorial. In the meantime, let’s see if I can shed any light on the subject. From your earlier post:

“I installed DAZ 4 Pro onto my external F drive, and the path is simply F:\DAZ Studio 4 Pro. Before I installed it I put a file there, with the path F:\DAZ Content and I told D4 when I installed it that that is where the content would be.”

So, “F:\DAZ Content” is where you pointed all the Daz installers when you run the Daz exe installers? In your DS Preferences, that folder needs to be declared as both Daz Studio and Poser format for content. The Poser directory structure is quite restrictive. Once you have this folder set up properly, there should be a “F:\DAZ Content\Runtime” folder. Almost all Poser format freebie zip files will have “Runtime” at the top level of the zip file directory structure. The gist of installing the zip file content is, you unzip the file(s) into a temp folder (maybe F:\tmp), and then drag and drop the Runtime folder from F:\tmp to F:\DAZ Content. In principle, it’s as simple as that, BUT there are caveats.

You should have:
F:\DAZ Content\Runtime
F:\DAZ Content\Runtime\libraries\...

You should NOT have any of the following:
F:\DAZ Content\content
F:\DAZ Content\Runtime\content
F:\DAZ Content\Runtime\Runtime

Nested Runtime or content folders will drive you right ‘round the bend. Your “F:\DAZ Content” folder should be the equivalent of the “My Library” folder everyone is talking about. Nothing wrong with where you installed it, you just have to be consistent about installing things.

F:\DAZ Content == My Library == content

“content” was the DS3 top level folder for content, and some freebie zip files will have “content” as the top level folder. If you get a “content” folder when you unzip something, go into the “content” folder, and drag and drop all the items in there into F:\DAZ Content. Items that are actually in Daz Studio format will have folders directly under “content” (like Lights, etc.) and these belong under F:\DAZ Content, not under a Runtime folder.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 24 June 2012 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you Slimer. I’m just too fuzzy in the head to do one today. I keep typing the wrong info on the wrong image. Maybe I will be able to think properly tomorrow.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-22

Thanks Jaderail and thanks Spud.

I will experiment with the instructions you gave me. I may be a while getting back to make a comment as it is a hectic day here.

Jaderail, thanks for all your effort too.
I know dialysis can be a difficult process. I had a friend who was doing it for years until he got a kidney transplant.
I will keep a prayer going for you.

R.

Posted: 25 June 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-22

Hello Slimmer.

I followed your instructions.

I just unzipped the V4 Lingerie file (Mentioned in a post on this thread)  into a temp folder.
Then I took the resulting file called “Runtime” and coppied and pasted it into F:\DAZ Content
I opened D4 then but I can’t find the installed item at all. What do you think I did wrong?
I think I was careful in following your instructions…. ?

I also have to ask you, how do I install such a file into Poser (PP2012 in this case?)
I use an external runtime for the poser content and it is constructed like this; It contains the following:
3D Objects
Runtime
PZ3 Scenes
Templates
Read Me’s
Poser.exe

Thanks.
R

Posted: 25 June 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13

You can have multiple external runtimes, but each folder that contains a “Runtime” must be declared as a Poser format library in the Daz Studio preferences. Also, you will not find any of the Poser format items under Smart Content. Perhaps if you posted a screenshot (800x800, unfortunately) of your folder structure, and one the Daz Studio preferences page where the folders are listed. Otherwise it’s going to be hard to figure out what went wrong. I install a ton of freebies from ShareCG and Rendo, and I never have a problem, unless something is not packaged right. That happens too.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 25 June 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-22

Hi Slimer.
Here is a shot of my DAZ Content, my external Poser Files, and my sample Poser File. Info for the sample Poser File came from Renderosity Forum. When I put an item into the sample Poser File, I then rename it for that item of course. The file is accepted by Poser 2012, and Daz 4.

Image Attachments
ScreenHunter_02_Jun._25_20_.58_.png
ScreenHunter_03_Jun._25_20_.59_.png
ScreenHunter_04_Jun._25_21_.01_.png

Posted: 25 June 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13

OK, I think the only thing we’re missing is a screenshot of the Daz Studio preferences screen where it lists the content folders it knows about. I don’t use Poser, but I think Poser is better about having a whole bunch of separate runtimes. Daz Studio probably works better with a small number of runtime folders. For example, if you go to that “Poser Runtimes\A3 Base” folder, what is inside that, and is it listed in the Daz Studio folder preferences?

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

2 of 3