Digital Art Zone

Can you use part of a full body morph?
Posted: 14 June 2013 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-10-26

Hello! I tried looking this up but wasn’t quite sure how to word it,
so apologies if it’s been answered previously.

So, I have my genesis figure and I find this full body morph that has really cool legs BUT I don’t like what it does to the rest of the body.
Is there any way to “tell” (for lack of knowledge or words) Daz to only morph part of the genesis figure? In this case, telling a full body morph
to only morph the legs?

I’m guessing it can’t do this, but I have to ask since it’d save me some work, thanks~

Posted: 14 June 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13687
Joined  2003-10-09

Not within DS, assuming it’s Genesis - the only way to do it would be to export both the base shape and the morphed shape as OBJ and then use a modeller to apply the morph to part of the base shape, leaving the rest unchanged, then load that as a new morph.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 June 2013 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

Try expanding the “skeleton” of the Genesis figure (the little [ + ] beside the figure in the scene tab); click on each individual part of the legs & see if the morph shows up in the parameters tab.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 14 June 2013 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2005-10-26
Richard Haseltine - 14 June 2013 05:13 AM

Not within DS, assuming it’s Genesis - the only way to do it would be to export both the base shape and the morphed shape as OBJ and then use a modeller to apply the morph to part of the base shape, leaving the rest unchanged, then load that as a new morph.

It is genesis, yes! It’s a great figure to play around with in tandem with GoZ and Zbrush, or so I’m starting to realize.
It sounds a little complex but I’ll try what you suggest, tinkering around with tools is half the fun after all (at least if there’s progress.)
Thanks!

Posted: 14 June 2013 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2005-10-26
BWSman - 14 June 2013 05:15 AM

Try expanding the “skeleton” of the Genesis figure (the little [ + ] beside the figure in the scene tab); click on each individual part of the legs & see if the morph shows up in the parameters tab.

Thanks for the suggestion! It’s giving me is the default General, display and pose control options
without parameters for the morph in question, so no luck there sadly.
Richard mentioned exporting models and doing some magic in a separate program so I’ll try that next.
Piece of cake, right?

Posted: 14 June 2013 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03

Dial the morph to full and save it out as a new morph, but only select the regions that you want affected in the window that pops up.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 14 June 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2007-12-25
Vaskania - 14 June 2013 12:47 PM

Dial the morph to full and save it out as a new morph, but only select the regions that you want affected in the window that pops up.

Ah! That’s a good tip! smile

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D