Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
HU: V5 and M5 free with 3dArtist Mag
Posted: 18 June 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-08-24

Free with issue 43, tho’ not actually on the disk - it’s a download from 3DA site.

Includes V5, V5 models, basic poses for both and M5 Underware.

Cheers,

Nig

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8328
Joined  2009-05-14

Thx for the HU. Do you have it delivered and in the UK?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2008-03-30

I’m going to ignore the fact that I picked up M5 a couple of weeks ago, so I’m not peed off at all </sarcasm off> sick

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 19 June 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

References please.  According to the web pages, 42 is still the current issue.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Kendall Sears - 19 June 2012 10:47 AM

Kendall

That is the reason I asked if nigsnet if he/she got the issue delivered as it will be a couple of weeks until it is released in the shops and placed online.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Szark - 19 June 2012 12:15 PM
Kendall Sears - 19 June 2012 10:47 AM

Kendall

That is the reason I asked if nigsnet if he/she got the issue delivered as it will be a couple of weeks until it is released in the shops and placed online.

Correct.  There should be an ISSN at the front of the magazine.  This is the reference information for any periodical published.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-08-24

Yes, I do subscribe to this, and am in the UK (so disappointed in you Pete:-P). The ISSN is 1759-9636. Not sure how long it is between subscribers getting and it appearing in the shops, sorry.

Ian, if you got this in the last 30 days, you could always ask for a refund, but I suppose then you have to gamble that you can actually get the mag. Worth noting as well, that it just the base M5, so if you got it as part of one of the bundles then you may as well keep it, I would’ve thought

Cheers,

Nig

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
nigsnet - 19 June 2012 12:56 PM

Yes, I do subscribe to this, and am in the UK (so disappointed in you Pete:-P). The ISSN is 1759-9636. Not sure how long it is between subscribers getting and it appearing in the shops, sorry.

Ian, if you got this in the last 30 days, you could always ask for a refund, but I suppose then you have to gamble that you can actually get the mag. Worth noting as well, that it just the base M5, so if you got it as part of one of the bundles then you may as well keep it, I would’ve thought

Cheers,

Nig

Great!  Thanks for the ISSN.  I have both V5 and M5 and am happy with them as I got them.  Can you tell us what is on the physical disk?

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9050
Joined  2004-07-21

I once got some free daz content on a cd that came with the magazine.  Somehow the cd got broken so it was unusable.  Also free with magazine is not really free, one has to purchase the magazine to get it and then keep good care of the disc.  If the disc is broken then that freebie is gone.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5236
Joined  2012-04-07

Before everybody gets upset as to whether or not they just purchased M5 ... a minor detail that was not mentioned in the previous forum to the best of my knowledge ... was that [at least one] of the free releases of V5 was “NON-commercial” use only. Mind you with the voucher, think most of us got the full use model anyway.

So I’m curious as to whether this is a ‘non-commercial’ or ‘as usual’ licensed release.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
nigsnet - 19 June 2012 12:56 PM

Cheers,

Nig

LOL Well I didn’t want to presume but it did cross my mind nig. vampire

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2008-03-30

The base M5 was what I purchased, only version I could afford, shouldn’t really complain I suppose, I’ve made back my PC subs many many times over wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2006-08-24
Kendall Sears - 19 June 2012 01:03 PM

Great!  Thanks for the ISSN.  I have both V5 and M5 and am happy with them as I got them.  Can you tell us what is on the physical disk?

The actual disc content is some textures from fanextra.com, Lightwave docs and project files,some pixologic tutorials and resource files for the mag tuts. In addition there’s maxwell Render trial and a 90 day trial of Lightwave, tho’ both of these are are downloaded from the site.  HTH

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2006-08-24
Patience55 - 19 June 2012 01:18 PM

Before everybody gets upset as to whether or not they just purchased M5 ... a minor detail that was not mentioned in the previous forum to the best of my knowledge ... was that [at least one] of the free releases of V5 was “NON-commercial” use only. Mind you with the voucher, think most of us got the full use model anyway.

So I’m curious as to whether this is a ‘non-commercial’ or ‘as usual’ licensed release.

Had a quick look at the M5 EULA and it looks like the standard Daz one. Can’t see any mention of restrictions on use.

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5236
Joined  2012-04-07
nigsnet - 19 June 2012 02:56 PM
Patience55 - 19 June 2012 01:18 PM

Had a quick look at the M5 EULA and it looks like the standard Daz one. Can’t see any mention of restrictions on use.

Great grin

It’ll be about a month before that issue gets over here ... the one with the owl on the cover just came out last week on the shelves.

Thanks for the HU.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 20 June 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  0

Thanx for the headsup.
Is there any vouchercode in the mag for an upgrade deal?
3dworld I think had v5 base, with a coupon for 30ish % off the v5 bundles, some months ago.

1 of 2