Digital Art Zone

Unsure how to save hand pose
Posted: 13 June 2013 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-06-08

Hi.  I’m very new.  I have searched for this some, but keep finding either “saving a whole pose” or discussions about advanced stuff that I’m not ready to deal with.

What I am trying to do is save *just* the hand posing.  I spent time making it into a “grip” (or a fist, whatever) and don’t want to have to do that every time.

I select the hand, then choose file>save as>Pose preset…and it saves the whole pose.

If I select the hand, then look in the scene hierarchy and click on the arrow-with-a-checkmark beside everything *except* the hand (so only the hand and it’s children have the arrow-with-a-checkmark), it saves the whole pose.

What am I doing wrong?  I want just the hand saved so that I can pose another figure however I want, but then use the pose on the hand.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Posted: 13 June 2013 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That is done like this, here I did just the right hand and the pose only effects the hand not its location.

Image Attachments
Capture1.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 June 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-06-08

Thank you, sir!  You are a gentleman among scholars!  A pearl before swine!

I had the right-ish idea, but was doing it in the wrong place.

Thank you again!