As our thanks, please enjoy an EXTRA 00% OFF all your purchases through the end of 2016, INCLUDING NEW RELEASES!
im looooost freaking obj will not texture for nothing someone point me in the right direction please I have texutres in my folder but don't know how to add it on my obj
neois82 said:im looooost freaking obj will not texture for nothing someone point me in the right direction please I have texutres in my folder but don't know how to add it on my obj
import the .OBJ and you will see a grey shape. Then highlight the surface you want and in the surfaces tab go to "diffuse colour" and select a texture file for that channel
Working from memory, so please bear with me...
1) Find the Surfaces Tab.
2) Select the Editor Tab.
3) Use the Surface Tool to select the part of your object you want to apply a texture to - that part should then get an orange outline around it.
4) Options will appear for things like Diffuse Color, Specular Color, etc, in the Surfaces Menu. What you want is Diffuse Color.
5) Click the white square next to the Diffuse Color box.
6) A pop-up box will appear - the top option, I believe, is something like 'select file'. That's the one you want.
7) A dialog box will open. Use it to navigate to the file you want.
8) Click Enter, and the selected image should become the texture on the selected part of the object.
If that doesn't work - if you get to the last step and the texture doesn't appear, but the object changes color - the object hasn't been UV mapped. UV mapping is basically unwrapping the 3d object into a 2d plane, letting a texture be applied from a 2d image. There are various programs that let you UV map, but I'm hoping you won't need that because I don't know much about that.
Best of luck with this! :)
jerriecan's given you the detail. I only gave you the overview (as I wasn't sure how familiar you are with DAZ)
Does your object have materials and is it UV mapped?