Digital Art Zone

Vistual stule shaders HOWTO?
Posted: 18 June 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2009-07-12

I got the Visual Style Shaders this morning, installed them, and have no idea how to make them work.  I doubleclick them from the content directory and - nothing.  I render them and - nothing.

I tried to follow Almightyquest’s tutorial, but I get stuck at this line:

“Now that this is done, switch back over to the Surfaces tab in Studio and (making sure you are in the “Advanced” view) take a look at our new settings, the ones under the “Toon” heading. ”  because I can’t find any new parameters.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/dazstudio/studio-toonshaders#working_with_the_shadersspecial_effects

thanks for any and all input!

Posted: 18 June 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5859
Joined  2005-08-15

You have to make sure that you have the figure selected in the Scene tab AND the surfaces selected in the Surfaces tab, before applying the Shader.  If you do not select both the Figure AND the Surface, the shader will not appear.  You will see some change usually in the Preview pane, but the full extent of the shader is not seen until you render it.

See if that helps.

Posted: 18 June 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-12

That definitely helps.  than you.  Can you point me to a more complete how-to or instruction material?

Posted: 18 June 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2007-05-26

Look in your Readme’s folder in My Library…. a nice PDF file called ReadMe_14398_VisualStyle-Documentation.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 18 June 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2301
Joined  2010-12-18

there was a PDF with the installation. You can find it in the readme folder

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 18 June 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-12

thank you both. I don’t know why I didn’t know that was there.