3 of 5
SPEX for Genesis
Posted: 08 June 2013 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1294
Joined  2005-03-16
angbrumett - 08 June 2013 01:58 PM

Thank you so much for not giving up on these!  You’re my hero.

I was thinking if we now have great aging morphs for Genesis, why not eyeglasses for these new aging characters?  Did Grandma get Lasik?

I’ve been reading this thread, and I do know there are props out there, but there are several problems with using glasses that are props. 

For one, every time you move the character, you have to reposition the prop!  This is no good if glasses are a part of the character’s outfit.  Too much hassle!  The rest of their clothes don’t need to be refitted every time they move (at least, not ideally), why should their eyewear? 

Thank you!

Angie

Chibi went on sale today (smay’s store) and I got Boy and Girl for under $12.  So, now I can add them to the arsenal.  This is a sample render with Chibi Girl wearing the glasses.  Since her head is so big, the style morphs have very little affect on the glasses.  Here, the glasses have Cat Eye Lenses applied, like my previous render.  But, you can hardly tell.  I’m sorry about that, I don’t know how to fix it, but they still look pretty good, I think. 

This also gave me a chance to try my UnderSuit on Chibi.  Fits well and I am happy with it.

Image Attachments
Chibi_Girl.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 June 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-06-07

I love her!  They look way better than good enough. You’re going above and beyond.

Posted: 08 June 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Been playing a bit today, any of these suitable?

Image Attachments
set1.jpgset2.jpg

Posted: 08 June 2013 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Heatherlee - 08 June 2013 08:10 PM

Been playing a bit today, any of these suitable?

Yes, I especially like the giraffe… can you make one with a larger scaled pattern?  Or is that a tiled texture which I can adjust on my own?

I set up an email address for submissions:  “[email protected]” without the quotation marks.  I am still adding character morphs to the glasses, so I haven’t had any time to experiment with the shaders and materials, but I will get to them very soon.  I plan to devote a day or two to really trying them out and seeing which to include with the product.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 June 2013 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-05-17

They are tileable so the pattern can be made larger or smaller.

Posted: 08 June 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Heatherlee - 08 June 2013 09:38 PM

They are tileable so the pattern can be made larger or smaller.

Wonderful!

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2013 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-05-17

Check your email, just sent them to you, feel free to tweak them if necessary

Posted: 09 June 2013 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Heatherlee - 08 June 2013 09:55 PM

Check your email, just sent them to you, feel free to tweak them if necessary

Thanks, I will do.  The giraffe is getting in for sure, but I’m curious to see the others.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  705
Joined  2010-12-10

Thanks for the freebie Slosh, good luck with the glasses.

Image Attachments
Glasses-001.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery at Daz 3D
My Forum Thread

Posted: 09 June 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
none01ohone - 09 June 2013 05:01 AM

Thanks for the freebie Slosh, good luck with the glasses.

Thank-you.  They are really going well, I think.  Did you want to submit this design for the glasses?  If so, email it to “[email protected]” (no quotes)

Be sure the pattern and shader are your own so there won’t be any legal issues.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

I have an important question/addendum to the submission guidelines for shaders and material presets.

I’m trying to decide whether to include separate folders for each designer’s submissions.  In other words, when applying mats or shaders, there would be a folder for Slosh’s designs, a folder for Wilmap’s designs, etc.  Or should I go ahead and have a single materials folder?  If I go with a single folder, I could name each material/shader with the artist’s name (ie. Slosh_TortoiseShell, Wilmap_Kaleidoscope1, etc.) or I could just name them TortoiseShell, Kaleidoscope1, etc and give no credit (except in the documentation).

What seems like the best way to go with this?  I haven’t seen anything like this before, so it’s new ground to me.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-05-17

No preference.

Posted: 09 June 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2010-10-10

I’m happy with what ever you decide.

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 09 June 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Heatherlee - 09 June 2013 11:31 AM

No preference.

wilmap - 09 June 2013 11:58 AM

I’m happy with what ever you decide.

I think I will keep it down to one folder.  That would be less navigating for the user.  Naming convention will be just the material name and I will give credit where credit is due in the documentation.  I think it’s easier and better to make up my mind now when I’ve only had two people submit so that any future contributors already know how it’s going to go.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  705
Joined  2010-12-10

Just playing, was wondering how I could get the texture to run along the arm straight, tried the angle thingy in the shader settings but no joy there. was wondering if you had to rotate the origin.
I was searching through the forum looking for Saving Shader Presets, could’nt see any. I Tried saving, but no luck, I’ll have to give it a break till tomorrow.

Image Attachments
Glasses-cut.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery at Daz 3D
My Forum Thread

3 of 5