2 of 5
SPEX for Genesis
Posted: 07 June 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2005-09-05
islandgurl31 - 07 June 2013 12:45 PM

Slosh from what I just read from Barubary’s response I think it is an old one and not made for Genesis grin. Maybe it was made for another Generation maybe for Gen4 or Gen3! Hopefully that is what he is trying to say grin.

I think it may even have been Gen 2

Thanks for the info Slosh…I will check out if I have anything that may work for you.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 07 June 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
Pendraia - 07 June 2013 02:54 PM

Slosh from what I just read from Barubary’s response I think it is an old one and not made for Genesis grin. Maybe it was made for another Generation maybe for Gen4 or Gen3! Hopefully that is what he is trying to say grin.

I think it may even have been Gen 2

Thanks for the info Slosh…I will check out if I have anything that may work for you.

Yeah, the product was old enough that it got vaulted last summer.

Edit: Just found the readme.  Product code: ps_ac199.  Compatible products: Victoria 2, Michael 2.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 07 June 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2005-03-16

I hope so.  Thank goodness.  I’m all for building a better mousetrap, but not reinventing the wheel.  That’s a mixed metaphor for ya.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Had a bit of a play but I’m having problems not sure what’s causing it but this is some of what I done so far. I was shooting for a plastic frame look but I think the translucency is causing problems.

Image Attachments
plpurplesgdefaultlighting.jpgplgreysgdefaultlightingside.jpgplgreysgsidehmmm.jpg
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Pendraia - 08 June 2013 03:25 AM

Had a bit of a play but I’m having problems not sure what’s causing it but this is some of what I done so far. I was shooting for a plastic frame look but I think the translucency is causing problems.

It’s good, I like them.  If you can’t quite get the look you were going for, send them to me anyway and maybe I can tweak them.  I hadn’t thought of plastic frames, but I’ve seen them in real life and they are cool.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Slosh - 08 June 2013 03:46 AM
Pendraia - 08 June 2013 03:25 AM

It’s good, I like them.  If you can’t quite get the look you were going for, send them to me anyway and maybe I can tweak them.  I hadn’t thought of plastic frames, but I’ve seen them in real life and they are cool.

Thanks…I’ll play with them a little bit more and see what I can do.

Either way I’ll send them to you and you can do what you like with them. ;

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 June 2013 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

Thought you might all enjoy a little sneak preview of the morphed glasses fit to a Genesis character.  Here is Victoria 5 wearing the Cat Eye style with a material preset submitted by wilmap.  I love the mats and shaders you sent, Wendy.  They look really good on the glasses.  I made a lens shader which is great because you can change the Index of Refraction to get various magnified looks.  As well, it seems to make the highlights in the eyes brighter.  Not just this character, it seems to do it on all of them.  I hadn’t made the lens shader yet when I posted the freeSPEX, sorry to say.

I am still adding more and more character morphs so that hopefully you can achieve any fit you need, even mixed characters.  I hope to see more shaders soon.  I find this very exciting, community interaction.  Anyone try their hand at metallic yet?  I need a good gold and silver for the metal bits on the glasses, and I just can’t seem to come up with a good one.

Image Attachments
CatEye_Glasses.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2013 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2010-10-10

Glad you liked the shaders Slosh.

Like the shape of those, my Mum had some like that once.

Looking good.grin

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 08 June 2013 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  0

There are no glasses for genesis like this. I have been looking for them. I can’t wait until they come out. Will you let us know where we can buy them?

Posted: 08 June 2013 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  769
Joined  2005-12-12
Slosh - 07 June 2013 07:53 AM
Barubary - 07 June 2013 07:44 AM

Just when I was thinking about making a thread, threatening to shoot my hamster if DAZ doesn’t remake the old Morphing Glasses for Genesis…

I shall be watching this :D

Was there already a morphing glasses for Genesis?  I was not aware.  Is it still in the Store?  Please let me know as soon as possible.  I don’t want to repeat a product, which will not get approved if so.

Yeah, as others have pointed out, I meant the oooold Gen 2 product, that DAZ vaulted some time ago in one of their many smart and customer-oriented moves.

Was one of the most versatile products I can remember, so if there’s gonna be something even remotely similar for Genesis - I’m interested :D

Posted: 08 June 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
ParisGranville - 08 June 2013 05:54 AM

There are no glasses for genesis like this. I have been looking for them. I can’t wait until they come out. Will you let us know where we can buy them?

I definitely will make it known.  Hopefully DAZ won’t make me wait too long.  I am still ironing out the rough patches and adding shaders, but I hope to submit it for review early next week.  I will show some more samples in this thread as time permits.

Barubary - 08 June 2013 06:28 AM
Slosh - 07 June 2013 07:53 AM
Barubary - 07 June 2013 07:44 AM

Just when I was thinking about making a thread, threatening to shoot my hamster if DAZ doesn’t remake the old Morphing Glasses for Genesis…

I shall be watching this :D

Was there already a morphing glasses for Genesis?  I was not aware.  Is it still in the Store?  Please let me know as soon as possible.  I don’t want to repeat a product, which will not get approved if so.

Yeah, as others have pointed out, I meant the oooold Gen 2 product, that DAZ vaulted some time ago in one of their many smart and customer-oriented moves.

Was one of the most versatile products I can remember, so if there’s gonna be something even remotely similar for Genesis - I’m interested :D

Well, I hope I capture at least some of the functionality of those earlier glasses.  Aside from the 8 styles I have generated, there are only a few adjustment morphs, but I am going to brainstorm and see what else needs to be included.  That comes with trying them on various characters and seeing what happens with the fit.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2013 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-06-07

Thank you so much for not giving up on these!  You’re my hero.

I was thinking if we now have great aging morphs for Genesis, why not eyeglasses for these new aging characters?  Did Grandma get Lasik?

I’ve been reading this thread, and I do know there are props out there, but there are several problems with using glasses that are props. 

For one, every time you move the character, you have to reposition the prop!  This is no good if glasses are a part of the character’s outfit.  Too much hassle!  The rest of their clothes don’t need to be refitted every time they move (at least, not ideally), why should their eyewear? 

Thank you!

Angie

Posted: 08 June 2013 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  220
Joined  2008-06-12

Will there be morphs and shader settings for very thick lenses?

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
angbrumett - 08 June 2013 01:58 PM

Thank you so much for not giving up on these!  You’re my hero.

I was thinking if we now have great aging morphs for Genesis, why not eyeglasses for these new aging characters?  Did Grandma get Lasik?

I’ve been reading this thread, and I do know there are props out there, but there are several problems with using glasses that are props. 

For one, every time you move the character, you have to reposition the prop!  This is no good if glasses are a part of the character’s outfit.  Too much hassle!  The rest of their clothes don’t need to be refitted every time they move (at least, not ideally), why should their eyewear? 

Thank you!

Angie

That hasn’t been a problem with these, at least not so far.  Testing should answer that question.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Ostadan - 08 June 2013 02:45 PM

Will there be morphs and shader settings for very thick lenses?

Funny you should ask.  I just spent quite a bit of time yesterday perfecting the lens shader, and yes, they will give your characters varying degrees of bug-eyes, as well as the opposite effect.  I am including different colored lenses as well with varied degrees of tint.

Signature 

2 of 5