Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Installer error: cannot find a required path
Posted: 06 June 2013 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2003-10-09

I have an additional subfolder listed in my settings that you don’t, “DAZStudio4”, giving me “C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4” (the folder that contains the DAZ Studio application.)

Posted: 06 June 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9611
Joined  2007-11-06

Those paths look one level too short—you want the path to the folder which holds dazstudio.exe, which I think would normally be C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4_64 and C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4_32

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 06 June 2013 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-06-06
fixmypcmike - 06 June 2013 08:19 PM

Those paths look one level too short—you want the path to the folder which holds dazstudio.exe, which I think would normally be C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4_64 and C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4_32

Makes you wonder why this is configurable at all. Are we supposed to *know* that’s where dazstudio.exe lives? And that that’s where we need to install the app?

Anyway, I downloaded DAZStudio_4.6.0.18_Win32.exe and ran it, and it installed correctly, including start menu. Ran the program, entered the serial number, seems to work fine.

Then I went back and re-tried the 64 bit version. This time, the 64-bit version installed ... no fatal error when installing the Vis C++ stuff. This makes me think there is a hidden dependency within the 64-bit version of the Vis C++ on something within the 32-bit VisC++. But I may be wrong.

Then I went out and tried to run the 64 bit version of DAZStudio, and wham! Fatal error: “This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.” So I de-installed and re-installed the 64 bit version. Same error.

So right now the 32 bit version is working and I’ll run with that. The 64 bit version is dead, no idea why.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help.

Posted: 06 June 2013 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9611
Joined  2007-11-06

Unfortunately, you got caught at an in-between stage:  if you had DS installed before DIM, DIM would have picked up the location.  In the future, DIM, will be able to install DS, so it will know the location then also.  Right now, however, if DS isn’t installed when you install DIM, it won’t know where it is.  Or if you were installing a plugin for a non-DAZ application, like Poser, or the Photoshop or ZBrush bridges, you would need to tell DIM where they are installed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 June 2013 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-06-10

had same prob read this . http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/19194/    after installing daz use the installer to get pluggings an such

2 of 2