2 of 2
Need some better Mill Big Cat stuff ...
Posted: 18 June 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1360
Joined  2010-03-15
Skiriki - 18 June 2012 12:44 PM

Lyne has free morphs and texture maps for the Mil Big Cat. I’m quite fond of them, really… such sweeties, like serval and caracal and lynx. smile

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

Thanks. I have those, but I thought they were for the mill cat, not the mil big cat ...

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 18 June 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Hoo! Looks like you’re absolutely right! Must have misread, and of course since I have both, never noticed it! smile I stand corrected!

Lovely beasties, tho. LOL

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 18 June 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
RawArt - 17 June 2012 05:38 PM

Big Mil cat is one of those sets that I think is in need of a complete from scratch remake-over.

Rawn

I wanted to do a Make-over render in a garage/workshop of the Mill Big cat with a guy spray-paiting from Tiger to Panther as a gag, but I was busy rendering a Cowboy-scene. Maybe later. smirk

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2235
Joined  2005-09-05
TheWheelMan - 18 June 2012 12:20 PM
AidanaWillowRaven - 18 June 2012 09:50 AM
Pendraia - 18 June 2012 04:35 AM
RawArt - 17 June 2012 05:38 PM

Big Mil cat is one of those sets that I think is in need of a complete from scratch remake-over.

Rawn

I agree with Rawn that it needs a complete make over but when the hair plug in is released that would possibly help improve things also.

But as I mentioned, they’ll probably make it for DS4 ... lol ... which will do me no good.

The only things that has been DS4 only so far are Genesis-specific content. So unless a new Millennium Cat was based on Genesis, I don’t feel that this is a fair assumption.

The plug in that I was thinking of is DS specific.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you used a different program…: (

The cat definitely needs a makeover.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
AidanaWillowRaven - 18 June 2012 12:58 PM
Skiriki - 18 June 2012 12:44 PM

Lyne has free morphs and texture maps for the Mil Big Cat. I’m quite fond of them, really… such sweeties, like serval and caracal and lynx. smile

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

Thanks. I have those, but I thought they were for the mill cat, not the mil big cat ...

I’m sooo glad I read this thread, ‘cos I wasn’t aware of these wonderful free cat morphs/textures.  Thank you so much Skiriki for pointing these out to us….just tried them out and they are wonderful! smile  I would like to add my support to a Mil Cat/Big Cat update by Daz3d.  We need some more realistic animals!!!  Come on Daz, you can do it!

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1583
Joined  2009-08-08

Er, actually I think that Lyne’s morphs are for the Mil Cat, not the Mil Big Cat. The Mil cat loads at about three times the size of a domestic cat, so the morphs for larger breeds (up to cougar, I think) work quite well.

The Mil Big Cat (full version) isn’t half bad, really, although those blocky paws could use some help. I’m looking forward to seeing what AM’s hair plug in could do for it.

From time to time I used to run into rather nice pose packs for the DAZ animals over on Rendo. Not sure whether any but the ones for the horses are still there, or if they’ve gone clearance=disappearance already.

2 of 2