Digital Art Zone

1 of 7
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE   ........JUNE….....  “I had this weird dream”  ~~~~~  WIP THREAD
Posted: 01 June 2013 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15646
Joined  2003-10-09

Third DAZ 3D Bryce rendering Challenge

NOW SPONSORED BY DAZ 3D

Theme for this month is “I had this weird dream”

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before transferring the render to the actual Contest thread for judging.

Rules
~~~~~

All renders must be new renders.

You can enter up to 3 renders.

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.

The winner of the June Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the July contest.

This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.

Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge ends on 30th June Midnight DAZ 3D time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
                    2nd Place $20
                    3rd place $15

This in addition to the $20 DAZ 3D gift certificate will be given to the person whose render is selected as the best,  $10 for 2nd Place and $5 for 3rd place that I have already been offering

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User.  Jaderail has offered $20 and DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 June 2013 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

My Lady, I believe if you go back and check I offered $20 in DAZ 3D GC’s for this contest. I hope the nice folks here at DAZ 3D will still match my amount. I’ve learned all I know about Bryce from you and the places you pointed me. Maybe one day I’ll even post a render.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 June 2013 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oops corrected that Jeff.  red face

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 02 June 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3477
Joined  2004-10-01
Jaderail - 02 June 2013 12:25 AM

Maybe one day I’ll even post a render.

Yeah, it’s about time LOL (smileys don’t work)

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 04 June 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2007-12-10

OK, I’ll go first.

There is a lot I could have done and a lot I plan to do with this render, but for less than 24 hours work it’s not looking too bad.
Comments and criticisms always welcome.

Image Attachments
Dream1.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 04 June 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2003-11-30

I like it! Nifty piece of imagination going on here. It must have been a real pain to get the eagles, ropes and bed frame to all line up and in there proper positions and looking like they have some weight to them. First one out of the gate and you’re setting the bar pretty high there pal…I guess I’d better get crackin’...

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  I love it when someone produces images like that one then says it ain’t too bad.  Nice work.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 05 June 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2010-01-30

Wow theSavage64 - your flying bed image made me gasp in amazement and delight - I love all the scene elements - they make for a worthwhile dream indeed!

Posted: 07 June 2013 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2013-02-23

Just a start—we’ll see where this goes.  The head stays, for sure.

Image Attachments
Head1.jpg

Posted: 07 June 2013 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OH looking forward to seeing where this one goes

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@jonathan:  It looks like your a head of many here. smile (smileys still not working)  ...I couldn’t resist.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 07 June 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  0

One night I dreamed of pristine water

Image Attachments
Mother_And_Child.jpg

Posted: 12 June 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

Well, I finally put Minecraft (thanks David!!) aside and got in gear to produce a really weird dream image.  I still haven’t got a good handle on making these reflections, but each time tried is a learning process.  The stairs and doors were downloaded from a place I can’t remember at the moment.  The door wasn’t the best because it and the lock set didn’t download quite right.  Might be because it was an .3DS file.  Anyway, found out the lock set wasn’t grouped, or named, so fix that.  Door parts also had trouble joining each other, but I got that fixed as well.  Just added the material for the stairs, jock set, and doors.  Make sure you watch that first step, it’s a doozy.

Image Attachments
Nowhere_Stairs_6.png
 Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2013 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-23
GussNemo - 12 June 2013 01:52 PM

Well, I finally put Minecraft (thanks David!!) aside and got in gear to produce a really weird dream image.  I still haven’t got a good handle on making these reflections, but each time tried is a learning process.  The stairs and doors were downloaded from a place I can’t remember at the moment.  The door wasn’t the best because it and the lock set didn’t download quite right.  Might be because it was an .3DS file.  Anyway, found out the lock set wasn’t grouped, or named, so fix that.  Door parts also had trouble joining each other, but I got that fixed as well.  Just added the material for the stairs, jock set, and doors.  Make sure you watch that first step, it’s a doozy.

Instant Escher!  I have got to learn how to do those reflections.

Posted: 13 June 2013 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-23

OK this is a finished contest entry.  It has many imperfections, is not beautiful . . but is perfectly weird.  No mas!
Head material is copper from David’s pro materials—a really interesting material.
Background is a spherical map of a similar scene on distorted spheres.
Head itself is a Genesis figure from Daz hacked apart using boolean operations in Hexagon (I’m liking that Daz bridge to Bryce and Hexagon - handy).
Green guy is another Genesis generic male with old-age morphs applied and wearing 3DU Kimberly’s pants (which have a far less sexier look on him) walking up Bryce spiral stairs.  Particle emitter producing green balls.
Head scarf is Optitex’s dynamic scarf applied to the disembodied head in Daz and then bridged to Bryce, with a custom texture.
The text on the scarf reads “MASS-T-CATION.”
What does it mean?  Whatever you want it to.

Image Attachments
Head_Dream.jpg

Posted: 13 June 2013 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks good now.

I need a few more WIPS before I post the clean entry thread for judging, but don’t forget to trasfer it over once I do that.

This is a slow start this month, hope it picks up a bit.  I thought that bigger prizes would get more entires, but doesn’t seem to be that way so far.

Signature 

1 of 7