Digital Art Zone

2 of 33
Genesis Custom-Dialed Character Contest (WIP/Discussion thread - now with results posted!)
Posted: 01 June 2013 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-04-05

That image was a huge experiment to see how far I could push Genesis…
Please see attached smile

Image Attachments
2013-06-01_2358.png2013-06-01_2358_001.png2013-06-01_2357.png
 Signature 

http://laticis.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1677
Joined  2013-04-23

Hmm I think I might take his as a learning course and perhaps even manage to make my little dragonfae/girl/thingie/whatever (my little girl/woman/thingie in the My Protector, My Friend render I made for Draagonstorms birthday thread smile ) She certainly didn’t come out as I had wished for in that render, so this will be good for me *smiles*

Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 01 June 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4904
Joined  2005-08-03

I knew those two were in for it when they asked for the params. Laticis’ dials are no joke. Heh. He’s got some pre-done characters as freebies floating around somewhere as well.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 01 June 2013 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-05
Vaskania - 01 June 2013 04:55 PM

I knew those two were in for it when they asked for the params. Laticis’ dials are no joke. Heh. He’s got some pre-done characters as freebies floating around somewhere as well.

he he

They used to be on my website until I can that and moved to DeviantArt.
Might be time to put them back up along with Kornacum.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2013 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

What was Kornacum?

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 01 June 2013 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3775
Joined  2012-02-06

For those who are interested in participating, but don’t have a lot of morphs yet, I thought I’d provide a list of many of the free and low-priced morph sets I’m aware of. There are others out there too…I tried to focus mainly on sets with a wide variety of morphs, and designed to work with basic Genesis (rather than a specific Genesis character).

Free:
DieTrying’s 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis
RAMWorks Morphs for Genesis
SickleYield’s Mutations for Genesis
AMR’s Proportions for Genesis

Currently on FastGrab (as of June 1, 2013):
Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle
Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis
Genesis Evolution: Muscularity

Several others with a regular price of $12 and under:
Face Weight
Wicked Fairytale Morphs
Raw Dwarfology
Enticing Ladies
Monster Details for Genesis
Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 1
Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 2
Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 3
Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 4

Of course, there are higher-priced sets that are extremely valuable as well…I’ll list some of those in a future post.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-05
Vaskania - 01 June 2013 07:51 PM

What was Kornacum?

This dude won me a very cool 3D printed model from the Creature Creator Contest smile

I must say the printed version is much better wink

———-

Just an FYI for those not interested in creatures, those morphs if dialed in ever so slightly can make for some very real human features.

Image Attachments
GP10-Kornacum-Per.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-05

Good selection Scott

Those Morph Resource Kits are worth the weight in gold… ( not the best metaphor considering they don’t weigh anything but you get the meaning )

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
Laticis - 01 June 2013 08:02 PM
Vaskania - 01 June 2013 07:51 PM

What was Kornacum?

This dude won me a very cool 3D printed model from the Creature Creator Contest smile

I must say the printed version is much better wink

———-

Just an FYI for those not interested in creatures, those morphs if dialed in ever so slightly can make for some very real human features.

Well he’s certainly an interesting one. lol

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 01 June 2013 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1558
Joined  2011-11-16

I have a quick question regarding the “Full Formula” requirement that needs clarification. Does that “full formula” include listing morphs that deal with “unmentionable” parts of the anatomy which can’t be shown? I ask because all of my characters are, to put it mildly, “anatomically correct"under their clothes.

Posted: 01 June 2013 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2006-01-26

*copying all formulas exposed *
muhahahaha!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1312/
http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/

Posted: 01 June 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Tramp Graphics - 01 June 2013 09:37 PM

I have a quick question regarding the “Full Formula” requirement that needs clarification. Does that “full formula” include listing morphs that deal with “unmentionable” parts of the anatomy which can’t be shown? I ask because all of my characters are, to put it mildly, “anatomically correct"under their clothes.

ROTHFLMAO!! I vote this the BEST question in months!! That said… Tip time…

Just so you know, HIDING any part of a 3D mesh not seen (under clothing) greatly increases your Free Ram and Render time. If the mesh is turned off the Render engine does not spend extra Ram and time calculating Light, Shadows, Texture, Bump, Displacement or Shaders on the scene.

EDIT to ADD: The mesh WILL still effect the clothing as expected. Just not needed at render time.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 June 2013 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1558
Joined  2011-11-16
Jaderail - 01 June 2013 10:56 PM

Just so you know, HIDING any part of a 3D mesh not seen (under clothing) greatly increases your Free Ram and Render time. If the mesh is turned off the Render engine does not spend extra Ram and time calculating Light, Shadows, Texture, Bump, Displacement or Shaders on the scene.

EDIT to ADD: The mesh WILL still effect the clothing as expected. Just not needed at render time.

I’m glad I could get a laugh out of this at least. Yes, morphs do affect the clothes being worn, some more than others. That’s partly why I asked. The other reason is because, when I first entered the Freebie contest I was told not to include them (and the accompanying “anatomical props” in the list because they couldn’t be seen anyway (for obvious reasons).

Posted: 02 June 2013 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey Scott,

I wanted to enter the image below with a character I created for the October (It is Halloween themed) Freebie Challenge (not entered), but I ran into a couple of issues regarding the rules when I was checking all the data:

1.  I can’t find the texture info for a link.  It is an old V4 Zombie Texture that I believe was a freebie I picked up somewhere.  Possibly ShareCG, but I can no longer locate, and fear it might not be available any longer.

2.  I used (free) included version of Michael 4 Clone converted to M4 Shape via D3D’s DSF Toolbox, as opposed to the purchased M4 Shape.  Can I link to DSF Toolbox for this resource link instead with notation?

3.  I created a couple of custom morphs (just two), and I read that if I upload them as attainable freebies I can list them, so I will do this if you will accept my entry if the first two issues can be resolved.

The image was already rendered (DS Pro) a while back, and minor post work used to composite layers rendered, and new cropping.

*Title:

“Mmmm…  Brownies”

*Character Name:

“Brownie Monster”  (Sesame Street has the Cookie Monster, so I present the Brownie Monster.  I know, not as cute…)

Image Attachments
BrowneezJamboreeFinal.jpg
 Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 02 June 2013 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3775
Joined  2012-02-06
Tramp Graphics - 02 June 2013 02:38 AM
Jaderail - 01 June 2013 10:56 PM

I’m glad I could get a laugh out of this at least. Yes, morphs do affect the clothes being worn, some more than others. That’s partly why I asked. The other reason is because, when I first entered the Freebie contest I was told not to include them (and the accompanying “anatomical props” in the list because they couldn’t be seen anyway (for obvious reasons).

LOL! Well I guess these are my feelings on this:

1. Above all, don’t break the TOS. So if you got your morphs from somewhere like Renderotica, no need to include a link (you can still mention the source though). And if the name of the morph itself doesn’t seem appropriate to include, then don’t include it (I don’t know of any vulgarly-worded morphs, but thought I’d say that just in case).

2. If your morph is applied not to the main Genesis mesh, but to a geografted part or 3rd-party genital prop, then you don’t need to list that morph. Just mention that you’re using the geografted genitalia (or 3rd-party genital prop) with morphs applied.

3. Aside from the above, you should list the morph, particularly if it has a visible effect on the rendered image.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

2 of 33